MSU Spartans 2011/12 - Alum in Sportcoat behind Bench

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSU Spartans 2011/12 - Alum in Sportcoat behind Bench

While Zach Golembiewski's college hockey career has come to an abrupt end, it's good to know the program's going to take care of him.

Ready for some home cooking?

Re: MSU Spartans 2011/12 - Alum in Sportcoat behind Bench

Wait, what happened? I seriously have heard nothing about this.

Anyways, i think we need a sweep here. Starting 1-3 or 0-4 in CCHA play isn't gonna work out.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaurus View Post
      Wait, what happened? I seriously have heard nothing about this.

Anyways, i think we need a sweep here. Starting 1-3 or 0-4 in CCHA play isn't gonna work out.
      At the Blue Line Club luncheon today, Coach made the announcement that Zach was diagnosed with a cyst - now that I think about it, I don't know whether it's on his spine or on a disc. Whichever it is, he has been advised to stop any contact sports for good - the cyst is in a delicate area, making surgery a risky proposition. Coach made it plain he would remain part of the program - that something would be found for him.
      "It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
      - Mark Twain

Comment

Michigan State has 2 more games against Battle Creek Fisher Body in its long history than against Robert Morris.
        Granted, the Colonials have only had a varsity program for about 8 years, but still --- will be interesting to see new fans in the arena.

What's a good RMU chant?

Comment

Thanks owslachief for pointing out this thread to me.

Comment

Zach is reportedly a scratch golfer and "may" play with the golf team.

Comment

On the positive side of things ... while Leveille is not a factor and Perlini isn't lighting the lamp with regularity as yet, anyone jump on the Reimer-Wolfe-Chelios bandwagon yet?

Against RMU 3G, 5A and +6. Tough, creative passing and creative skating. Slick pass from Chelios to Wolfe for goal #2, and what a sick move by Reimer to almost walk in for a goal.
              Last edited by owslachief; 10-29-2011, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                On the positive side of things ... while Leveille is not a factor and Perlini isn't lighting the lamp with regularity as yet, anyone jump on the Reimer-Wolfe-Chelios bandwagon yet?

Against RMU 3G, 5A and +6. Tough, creative passing and creative skating. Slick pass from Chelios to Wolfe for goal #2, and what a sick move by Reimer to almost walk in for a goal.
                I think they did you one better last night

Anyways, i wasn't all that pleased with the first 2 periods last night, especially the 2nd. I thought we seemed to be trying to put forth the absolute minimum effort needed to win and lacked the edge and intensity that i saw against WO and OSU. In the 3rd period we stepped it up and took control so i was pleased with that.

It's gonna be a long time before we see Munn again, it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaurus View Post
                  I think they did you one better last night

Anyways, i wasn't all that pleased with the first 2 periods last night, especially the 2nd. I thought we seemed to be trying to put forth the absolute minimum effort needed to win and lacked the edge and intensity that i saw against WO and OSU. In the 3rd period we stepped it up and took control so i was pleased with that.

It's gonna be a long time before we see Munn again, it seems.
                  I think I'm gonna have to find some more hats.

Comment

Poor kid. Branden Carney sustained a serious neck injury during practice yesterday.
                    Last edited by aallenpollreisz; 11-04-2011, 01:31 PM.
                    Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
                    66 - 86 - 07
                    59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
                    59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

lets hope for speedy recovery

Comment

lets hope for speedy recovery
                        Ditto.
                        "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Just read about this, and I sure hope that his recovery is speedy and full. Super scary.

Comment

Appreciate the posts.

The reality is despite our wishes (and his) for quick healing and return to the ice, that a paced, very tightly monitored recovery is the rule. Let us hope he returns to a normal life, enjoys the time he has left here at school and is able to earn his degree. Getting back to the sport he loves would be (ahem) icing on the cake.

Comment

Appreciate the posts.

The reality is despite our wishes (and his) for quick healing and return to the ice, that a paced, very tightly monitored recovery is the rule. Let us hope he returns to a normal life, enjoys the time he has left here at school and is able to earn his degree. Getting back to the sport he loves would be (ahem) icing on the cake.
                              Nice post. It's at times like this that the risk these young athletes take and how they're always just one slip away from disaster is kind of humbling. I agree that we can first focus on wishing him a recovery that allows for a near-normal life.
                              "Those who think they know it all usually know less than those who listen and learn."

Comment

Working...
                              X