Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NMU 2011-12 Season Thread

Originally posted by streaker View Post
    Maybe your team can actually win when it matters (at JLA) instead of moaning and whining about what the Wolverines get away with. Of course, if we were ranked 4TH in the NCAA in penalty minutes average per game, instead of NMU, you're comments would carry more weight.
    I'm likely to give my ex-mother-in-law more credence than anything that comes out of Weasel Gulch
    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Michigan week would sure be boring if it was only the alums commenting, it is the walmarts that I love so much.
      GO CATS GO

JUST BEAT MICHIGAN BABY!

Ask me no questions and I will tell you no lies!

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
        Michigan, in their barn, second to last week of the regular season? I think the absolute best we can hope for is a split. Yes, historically NMU has been hot this time of the year, but I just don't see much beyond that for us. I just pray to the hockey gods that I am wrong.
        Completely agree.

Comment

A virtual plethora of Walmarts, click here: walmart wolverines

Originally posted by NMUFAN View Post
          Completely agree.
          ...with everything said below.

Originally posted by WildcatGoal View Post
          Michigan week would sure be boring if it was only the alums commenting, it is the walmarts that I love so much.
          Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
          I'm likely to give my ex-mother-in-law more credence than anything that comes out of Weasel Gulch
          Originally posted by DeLL View Post
          YOU are in an the NMU 2011-12 Season Thread, you silly goose. I'd say get over YOURself and at least post in a thread related to the upcoming festivities at Yost.
          Originally posted by MOJO View Post
          Would like nothing better than for NMU to kick the snot out of the Weasals this weekend. That little **** of a goaltender will either show up or throw another tantrum. My guess is the tantrum!!! NMU has to play smart but physical with the team from Ann Arbor and bury chances when they present themselves. My guess is scUM will outshoot them over the course of the weekend but the quality of shots will be much closer.
          Originally posted by dankthetank View Post
          Maybe if you weren't such a Troll YOUR comments would carry more weight.
          Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
          Aggression shouldn't be a problem. If you play Michigan you can punch people in the face and not get DQ'd. Throw a stick near a linesman too. However, grab someone and dance like Cherniwchan and Moffat, and you're gone!
          Go 'CATS...just BEAT michigan.
          NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Originally posted by DeLL View Post
            YOU are in an the NMU 2011-12 Season Thread, you silly goose. I'd say get over YOURself and at least post in a thread related to the upcoming festivities at Yost.
            Unlike your little circle jerk friends at Mavpuck, USCHO threads, even your own little thread, is fair game if you bring up an opposing school.

Comment

Here you go
              Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
              1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
              1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
              2006-2007: 15-24-2
              2007-2008: 20-20-4
              2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Ann Arbor is a whore...
                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

That's fine, but take a look around Yost this weekend. Count the banners, at least the ones still up due to pending renovations. Conference titles, Tourney champ titles, National Titles, GLI titles.

How many at the BEC? Two CCHA conference titles (1980, 1981)? One NC (1991)? One Regular season WCHA title (91) Three WCHA playoff titles (1989, 91, 92)?

It's been a freaking long time since you hung another one, hasn't it?? The best part about having NMU at the CCHA semi's is that Michigan has not lost to them.

You can poke fun at "handicapped" fans, come up with stereotypical, old rehashed insults all you want... but your program is what it is.

Comment

Streaker, and your legendary coach has more criminal convictions than ours does too...

http://news.google.com/newspapers?ni...g=5558,3887948

Comment

That's fine, but take a look around Yost this weekend. Count the banners, at least the ones still up due to pending renovations. Conference titles, Tourney champ titles, National Titles, GLI titles.

How many at the BEC? Two CCHA conference titles (1980, 1981)? One NC (1991)? One Regular season WCHA title (91) Three WCHA playoff titles (1989, 91, 92)?

It's been a freaking long time since you hung another one, hasn't it?? The best part about having NMU at the CCHA semi's is that Michigan has not lost to them.
                      That literally has nothing to do with this weekend, just because you have banners from years ago doesn't mean you can win this weekend. I'm not trying to take away from Michigan, their accomplishments are quite impressive, but it's irrelevant to this series.
                      NMU

Comment

Whoa. Wait a minute. If you're going to start a virtual dick waving competition, at least compare apples to apples. First, let's just clarify that NMU is NOT SCSU: We don't hang participation banners.
                        Second, lets cross off the GLI titles. NMU doesn't have a yearly tourney that we're invited to but act like we're the hosts.
                        Third, we get to the heart of the discussion:

It's pretty hard to bring talent to NMU when Michigan continues to commit recruiting violations with our prospective players.

You can poke fun at "handicapped" fans, come up with stereotypical, old rehashed insults all you want... but your program is what it is.
                        Pot meet kettle. Your "fans" make fun of State just the same as we do.
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                          Whoa. Wait a minute. If you're going to start a virtual dick waving competition, at least compare apples to apples. First, let's just clarify that NMU is NOT SCSU: We don't hang participation banners.
                          Second, lets cross off the GLI titles. NMU doesn't have a yearly tourney that we're invited to but act like we're the hosts.
                          Third, we get to the heart of the discussion:

It's pretty hard to bring talent to NMU when Michigan continues to commit recruiting violations with our prospective players.

Pot meet kettle. Your "fans" make fun of State just the same as we do.
                          There is no comparison. LOL. Who's talking participation? The banners at Yost are all championship banners. Some recent ones, too.

As far as the GLI, you have been invited and have actually beaten Michigan... like 20+ years ago. And we don't act like hosts, we know that MTU is the host. But, without Michigan and MSU there is nobody there to play in front of. It's nice winning tournaments. Your program should try it.

Violations? c'mon, now you really are sounding sour. That is really comical. 11 NHL draft choices are on the roster, at least 5-8 annually. That is quite Saint Clownish (actually quite Bielema-ish or Dantonio-ish) of you to allude that Michigan is "stealing" your recruits, or tampering. Not on the same orbit... or solar system. You have some good talent... Florek, Gron, Follmer, Coreau. The bottom line is, it's difficult to compete against the big name schools. That's hardly tampering, cheating or violating any kind of recruiting rules. If you throw something like that out, you should provide facts. Otherwise, it's baseless fodder for the whinepress.

At least State is a rival. NMU *thinks* we are a rival.

I saw Chernwichan's comments about being a rival, too. BS. Maybe you think WE are a rival, but not the other way around.

And it was priceless how a guy that is leading his team in PIM's, a team that is leading the CCHA in PIM's (500+), 4th in the nation in PIMs, is calling out Michigan for "instigating" on the ice and they just play aggressive and teams "react" to it.

Some of you people are insecure and delusional.

Comment

Originally posted by NMUFAN21 View Post
                            That literally has nothing to do with this weekend, just because you have banners from years ago doesn't mean you can win this weekend. I'm not trying to take away from Michigan, their accomplishments are quite impressive, but it's irrelevant to this series.
                            That's rational. But seeing that your fellow fans like to play in the mud, I decided to get the waders on.

Comment

scUM=NCAA Tournament=Choke in said Tournament!!!

Comment

That's rational. But seeing that your fellow fans like to play in the mud, I decided to get the waders on.

Penalty kill attempts this season: NMU 142 UM 135. Yeah UM is a much cleaner team.
                                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Working...
                                X