2011-2012 Dartmouth Big Green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011-2012 Dartmouth Big Green

The Big Green's season outlook: http://thedartmouth.com/2011/10/19/sports/hockey

I thought U a Cornell fan, Matt.

A little nervous about Dartmouth: hard start. Tough games coming in right away; many away (reviewed elsewhere on this site this year by me; can't remember where?)

So Cantabs as usual SAFE, EASY, NO-BRAIN choice for second by worst pollsters around: ECAC coaches. As explained elsewhere coaches leave to assistants and that means generally, IT DON'T GET DONE WELL.

Pshaw...

Wha? Irritates me. Always a contender this Bostonaise team. Even when not- amongst the unknowing. Were certainly a power last year though!

[ :<) ]
    (home made this face...)

I do have to say that I was trumpeting the Green when the Winter Olympics last came round- as the winter Ivy at its best. But then I checked the actual stats: alum at Harvard (same as above...) impressed. Don't let that get out: merely such as Dick Button, Tenley Albright, Bill Reilly, many others; of course, as previous, a few in ice hockey. Men and Women (cants/tilts the results- whole hockey team is named versus say, one cross country skier, etc., named...)

Not so much skiers for H. but great inestimable quality winter sports names from the front, not sports page.

I believe They- this Bay State American now international name- second oldest college in North America or so...have earned more gold medals than any Ivy in winter Olympics.

So, Matt- I'm O K w. u covering for me while I am detained elswhere...

But Coach Hudak and his assistants keep the ball rolling. I don't doubt they will remain competitive in 2011-2012. Not a bad freshman goal and Nanji underrated w. only three lost through graduation, they might just hold their own out there for another year (keeping out of that dreaded eighth ECAC slot)?

Year in year out, they seem to like playing; they seem to like each other. Helps I think. Teamwork. And inestimable hustle. Number six last year- against yr. Big red. She simply would not let your team down ice. Congr. Medal of Honor on Ice. Whole Cor. team stymied it said (in the Hanover Gazette...etc.)

Bravo COACH HUDAK AND HIS GANG!

Matt, I'm hoping we'll do O K. Can I count on yr. support?
    Last edited by papulaisle; 10-19-2011, 07:34 PM. Reason: I wanted to say more/and I may not yet be done

Comment

Re: 2011-2012 Dartmouth Big Green

Originally posted by papulaisle View Post
      A little nervous about Dartmouth: hard start. Tough games coming in right away; many away (reviewed elsewhere on this site this year by me; can't remember where?)
      Right about here ...

Yikes, Coach!

Some start.

After maybe mandatory McGill you go to town immediately.
      Woof!

Oct. 23 commences-
      BC, Clarkson, SLU-away;
      New Hamp., home (hope UNH still 'asleep'; but weren't so asleep that they couldn't defeat Green last season...)
      Cornell, Colgate away up there in perpetually cloudy, overcast Central NY; big, big, Big Red looking to kick some Green butt after skunking- being skunked... in New Hamp. rink (Thompson) (Great, great job, Dartmouth women!!! Was there - you TOOK IT TO 'EM!!)
      SLU, Clark. at home.
      Cantabs in Cambridge.
      Northeastern and Harvard (again...) home.
      NH and Prov. away.
      Dec. 31- it's over...

Season over?
      Seems so with such a great, great start.

Yikes, girls - bring yr. dancing shoes!

Also, we ALL are anxiously awaiting call by ECACF (Fallible) coaches as to what to DO with Green THIS year...

This correspondent greatly enjoyed last year's ECACF coaches' guess/and team's response: "We hope to surprise a few people", I think it was. D. team chose as year's motto after Green picked at eighth (of twelve) slot but roused themselves to finish nationally in the eighth slot.

And that they did wonderfully, I thought.

Great good wishes and good luck- Buena Suerte! to the Dartmouth Women's Ice Hockey Team in 2011-2012!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
      Anyone else Green out there?
      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
        Right about here ...
        Whoops, only did a cursory perusal and didn't see that thread. If I had, I would have posted the article link there.

I thought U a Cornell fan, Matt.

Matt, I'm hoping we'll do O K. Can I count on yr. support?
        I am, and not really. Though, I'll certainly cheer them on when playing anyone outside the ECAC (unless its UMinn)...and Harvard...

Comment

Thanks, ARM. And thanks, Matt. Will welcome yr. support, Matt! Too, I can take a look at H.C. team perhaps early in the new year. As for Minn. As for Minn. Uhh, as for Minnesota... is that the spelling? Don't really care much currently for 'west' teams although this annum am some impressed w. former, "Fighting Sioux" was it?

Dartmouth defeated McGill women in Hanover today 3-2. Encouraged this maniac D. alumnus.

Comment

As for Minn. As for Minn. Uhh, as for Minnesota... is that the spelling? Don't really care much currently for 'west' teams although this annum am some impressed w. former, "Fighting Sioux" was it?
            I guess I can understand that given the history of The Big Green v. "The West" in NCAA tournament play.
            Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
              I guess I can understand that given the history of The Big Green v. "The West" in NCAA tournament play.
              Are you sure you want to go there?.........you've been such a good boy/girl.

Comment

Originally posted by CanHockGuy View Post
                Are you sure you want to go there?.........you've been such a good boy/girl.
                Pretty sure I already went there. Glad I could answer your question.

Also pleased we could get to the bottom of that "mysterious" and "puzzling" D-III poll thread conundrum. Whew...that was a bugger to figure out wasn't it?
                Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Pretty sure I already went there. Glad I could answer your question.

Also pleased we could get to the bottom of that "mysterious" and "puzzling" D-III poll thread conundrum. Whew...that was a bugger to figure out wasn't it?
                  Ya, glad you were following along. Somehow, I figure you would have said something at the time. I'm sure I know why you didn't.

Comment

Ya, glad you were following along. Somehow, I figure you would have said something at the time. I'm sure I know why you didn't.
                    Well that's you alright...sharp as tack.
                    Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Well that's you alright...sharp as tack.
                      Feeble comeback da. You took too long; you brain not working. Ha Ha. Take it to the other thread if you want to comment. 7-0 tonight?

Comment

Feeble comeback da. You took too long; you brain not working. Ha Ha. Take it to the other thread if you want to comment. 7-0 tonight?
                        Yeah...you should talk about "brain not working." Ha Ha. Is the light bulb on now? How many times did you have to have the D-III poll thread "mystery" explained to you? I lost count. Ha Ha.

I commented on the history of Dartmouth in NCAA tournament play. Completely appropriate for this thread. I'll comment on Dartmouth right here if I feel inclined. Have another beer.
                        Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Yeah...you should talk about "brain not working." Ha Ha. Is the light bulb on now? How many times did you have to have the D-III poll thread "mystery" explained to you? I lost count. Ha Ha.

I commented on the history of Dartmouth in NCAA tournament play. Completely appropriate for this thread. I'll comment on Dartmouth right here if I feel inclined. Have another beer.
                          More to the story if you followed correctly da. Do your homework! Other thread now silly, unless you're a coward.

Comment

More to the story if you followed correctly da.
                            Yah...you betcha. Extenuating circumstances. Pffft.
                            Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Yah...you betcha. Extenuating circumstances. Pffft.
                              Well, my point remains. You never insult other teams when your team is winning! This is what brought all this on da. You bring Karma to you own team when you do this. Learn to understand what hockey and other sports are all about; it's about being a sport! Now go out and win, then shut the f up!

Comment

Working...
                              X