Ohio State @ North Dakota 10/21 & 10/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio State @ North Dakota 10/21 & 10/22

This will be the first of many big road challenges for our team this season. I see two hard-fought games with the Buckeyes earning a split. I think both teams are too good to allow the other to sweep.

Re: Ohio State @ North Dakota 10/21 & 10/22

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
    This will be the first of many big road challenges for our team this season. I see two hard-fought games with the Buckeyes earning a split. I think both teams are too good to allow the other to sweep.
    Three words...neutralize the twins.

Comment

Neutralize is so... so... polite. Meh- you are a Canuck.

I was searching for a stronger, more "shut them down" kind of terminology.

Comment

Originally posted by skatefast View Post

Work

Comment

It's probably every UND opponents goal to contain the twins...probably. They're pretty good though and it seems very difficult to do that for two consecutive games. They always seem to put up the points in at least one game even when / if you manage to contain them in the other game in the series. There's much more to the Sioux this season than just the Mo & Jo show. This should be a good series with plenty motivation for both teams to establish themselves in the standings. I'd like to see the Buckeyes take one W...at least. A split would be a good result for Ohio State. The Sioux will definitely be looking for a sweep...and those all important conference points, having two conference losses already.

Go Mound-West Tonka!
          Minnesota Hockey

Comment

How is Michelle Karvinen figuring into North Dakota's offense? Seems to me teams will have to be aware of where she is at at all times, too (not just about the Lam twins).

Comment

Karvinen had hat trick 2/3 of way through second period tonight.

Comment

Nice attendance in G.F. last night -- 3,010.
                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                  How is Michelle Karvinen figuring into North Dakota's offense? Seems to me teams will have to be aware of where she is at at all times, too (not just about the Lam twins).
                  Agree. This was all too obvious after watching her during the Vancouver Olympics.

Comment

Tough weekend for our team. Did not see the composite 18-2 score coming at all. Time to regroup and focus on next weekend's games against Minnesota State!

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                      Nice attendance in G.F. last night -- 3,010.
                      Wow. And all without the need of "free tuition" night I take it?
                      "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Originally posted by DC78-82 View Post
                        Wow. And all without the need of "free tuition" night I take it?
                        We usually get pretty decent crowds for Friday night games, so now it wasn't a free tuition thing. They usually save that for the Gopher series. It's the afternoon games where attendance is kinda meh. It's good to see. Grand Forks is a hockey town and more people should get out to the games. At least one of our hockey teams is living up to expectations right now.

Comment

Originally posted by skatefast View Post

Two words...eighteen points.

Comment

Working...
                          X