Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan at NMU, 10/21-22--Walmart better stock up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan at NMU, 10/21-22--Walmart better stock up...

I'm expecting Northern to bring it tonight. If Michigan can weather the storm tonight, tomorrow will belong to the Wolverines as well. There's a price that comes with that #1 ranking...everyone is gunning for YOU! Michigan needs to stay out of the box, defense needs to take less chances, and the Freshmen need to keep proving themselves. I can't wait to see how this weekend shakes out.

Predictions:
    Friday-UM 3-Northern 2
    Saturday-UM 5- Nothern 1
    NCAA Championships: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998

Hail!

Comment

Michigan doesn't need a #1 ranking to have everyone gunning for them. It's always a big game for the other team.

I think we'll see a close 3-2 game tonight and a 2 or 3 goal win tomorrow. I won't predict who will win them though.
      Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
      wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
      7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

well nice to know we got the best refs the CCHA could supply tonight... they definitely let the game get out of control.

Comment

Big win for the Cats. If anyone can remember the last time NMU beat a #1 team please let us know.
          Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
          1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
          1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
          2006-2007: 15-24-2
          2007-2008: 20-20-4
          2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

As said on Facebook, that 2nd needed the Benny Hill theme playing in the background. Chaos.
            Still, a BIG win for the 'Cats. Don't get too comfortable though, boys. Michigan will come out hungry and looking for revenge tomorrow.
            Always a Wildcat...
            Originally posted by Kepler
            If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine318 View Post
              well nice to know we got the best refs the CCHA could supply tonight... they definitely let the game get out of control.
              You wolverine fans are a gas. Complain about the officials. For years in the CCHA the officials have worn U-M or MSU colors, even on the Berry Center ice. Thank your goaltending half-pint for getting the crowd into the game. His gestures to the crowd and body language was not impressive. He was lucky to not get additional penalties when he threw his stick and narrowly missed an official as he made his way off the ice. U-M was really pushing the pace the last 10 minutes and tied it up with just under 7 minutes to go. No matter how the game went, a big win for the Cats. I really like the makeup of this team. They are young in certain areas, but they work hard. This team is more up tempo than last year, and hold on to the puck better in the offensive end. The special team play by Northern was fantastic tonight, hopefully it will carry over to tomorrow night. GO CATS !!!

Comment

What a game. I got worried there at the end when NMU got sloppy and let UofM tie it up.

Does anyone know if #31 is suspended for tomorrow night's game?
                Go Cats!

Comment

RT @MichiganHockey Just got the OFFICIAL score sheet (yes, signed off on). Hunwick is listed with a major for contact to the head and a game misconduct. #FreeHunwick

RT @MichiganHockey Now, whether Fred Pletsch as head of the CCHA can review the incident and add a suspension, ya got me! Place your bets for tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by RedneckRalph View Post
                    You wolverine fans are a gas. Complain about the officials. For years in the CCHA the officials have worn U-M or MSU colors, even on the Berry Center ice. Thank your goaltending half-pint for getting the crowd into the game. His gestures to the crowd and body language was not impressive. He was lucky to not get additional penalties when he threw his stick and narrowly missed an official as he made his way off the ice. U-M was really pushing the pace the last 10 minutes and tied it up with just under 7 minutes to go. No matter how the game went, a big win for the Cats. I really like the makeup of this team. They are young in certain areas, but they work hard. This team is more up tempo than last year, and hold on to the puck better in the offensive end. The special team play by Northern was fantastic tonight, hopefully it will carry over to tomorrow night. GO CATS !!!
                    yawn, you sound like a sparty fan. Maybe if your goons didn't gang rush hunwick the game wouldn't have gotten out of hand. How about knocking off Luke Glendenning's helmet off at the end of the 2nd. Nice selective view of the game yooper!

By the way even the Yooper radio feed was laughing at how one sided the refs were in the 2nd period. Thats what you get when you have rookie refs calling the game.

I cannot wait to leave the joke that is the CCHA for the B1G. As long we can take Piot as the head of the refs and Molina, Likens, and Shegos to the B1G I will be happy.
                    Last edited by wolverine318; 10-21-2011, 09:52 PM.

Comment

yawn, you sound like a sparty fan. Maybe if your goons didn't gang rush hunwick the game wouldn't have gotten out of hand. How about knocking off Luke Glendenning's helmet off at the end of the 2nd. Nice selective view of the game yooper!

By the way even the Yooper radio feed was laughing at how one sided the refs were in the 2nd period. Thats what you get when you have rookie refs calling the game.

I cannot wait to leave the joke that is the CCHA for the B1G. As long we can take Piot as the head of the refs and Molina, Likens, and Shegos to the B1G I will be happy.
                      If someone were to ask me to give an example of why EVERYONE that doesn't root for the U of M hates them, this ^^^ would work really, really well.
                      Wildcat Hockey!

B.S. NMU 11'
                      M.B.A. Marquette University 13'

Comment

Originally posted by Wildpantswilly View Post
                        If someone were to ask me to give an example of why EVERYONE that doesn't root for the U of M hates them, this ^^^ would work really, really well.
                        So you are not denying that NMU players were also playing like goons? Nice to know.

I didn't know I represent all Michigan fans! Wow, I love blanket statements and logic right out of Fox News.

Comment

The game got out of hand because your goalie acted like moron. I might remind you he punched an NMU player in the face, went over to the bench and taunted them and then threw his stick at a ref on his way out. If he is so innocent, why did he just issue an apology for his actions on his twitter account? NMU had their fair share of penalties tonight too. Had you won, you would have been singing a different tune. You can disrespect NMU by calling our players goons, you are still taking at least 1 loss back to Ann Arbor with you. #1? Not anymore. Also, bringing the CCHA into this? Are you just trying to make every excuse that you can for such an embarrassing showing by your team tonight? Grow up and take a loss like an adult.
                          Go Cats!

Comment

So you are not denying that NMU players were also playing like goons? Nice to know.

I didn't know I represent all Michigan fans! Wow, I love blanket statements and logic right out of Fox News.
                            No. You just made my original point stronger.

The NMU players didn't play like goons. Get on Twitter, Shawn Hunwick personally apologized and said he was wrong.

I like the Ad Hominem attacks trying to connect me to Fox News too, classy. Your spelling and grammar also represents your school well. (I'm assuming you don't/didn't actually go there, because your English is poor)
                            Wildcat Hockey!

B.S. NMU 11'
                            M.B.A. Marquette University 13'

Comment

So at that great institution of higher learning, you never learned what the term "example" means, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Wildpantswilly View Post
                                No. You just made my original point stronger.

The NMU players didn't play like goons. Get on Twitter, Shawn Hunwick personally apologized and said he was wrong.

I like the Ad Hominem attacks trying to connect me to Fox News too, classy. Your spelling and grammar also represents your school well. (I'm assuming you don't/didn't actually go there, because your English is poor)
                                Yeah, they did. What else do you call the NMU players actions going into the dressing room or even kicking Hunwick to start the initial scrum. Sure Hunwick lost his cool, I am not denying that. However, it was not like he was not provoked. Don't act like NMU players acted like angels that is far from the case.

Comment

Working...
                                X