SNC 2011-12 Regular Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SNC 2011-12 Regular Season Thread

lost the third period. I wish they could get this figured out. It does not pay for Tim take the time off of work and the baroadcast does not come through. Worked fine last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheese4ever View Post
      Pete you are not at the game, hopefully nothing serious keeping you away
      No, just took the weekend off.
      Thanks!!
      SNC Men:
      Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
      NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
      SNC Women:
      O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Pete, a penny for your thoughts on the 1-2-2 record in the last five games.

SNC SID, whens the last time they had a stretch like this?

Comment

[QUOTE=snc1;5313841]Pete, a penny for your thoughts on the 1-2-2 record in the last five games.
          /QUOTE]
          Mike --
          This five game stretch has exposed the same issues that have hampered this team all season.
          Inconsistent play all around...in the goal, on offense and on the blue line.
          Lack of production from the top two forward lines. Just two goals per game this weekend, compared to an average of nearly five per game for the season.
          Goalie rotation continued this weekend, with Bosch getting his third loss of the season (versus one for Jacobson).
          Two key games coming up this next weekend versus Superior.
          I am thinking that we need to win out, the rest of the way, to have any chance of catching River Falls for the conference crown.
          SNC Men:
          NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
          SNC Women:

Comment

Originally posted by snc1 View Post
            Pete, a penny for your thoughts on the 1-2-2 record in the last five games.

SNC SID, whens the last time they had a stretch like this?
            1-3-1 stretch during 2008-09.

Comment

lost the third period. I wish they could get this figured out. It does not pay for Tim take the time off of work and the baroadcast does not come through. Worked fine last year.
              So appears not such a bad idea I did not take my laptop out of town with me this weekend, nothing more frustrating than not getting to listen to the games! Agreed, the new set-up is less than stellar...........looking forward to Superior next weekend; stop by section E - cookies will be there!

Comment

I have to agree with Pete. Must win out for any chance. My observations agree with the first two lines. have not produced like they should. To me #21 as good as he is one the ice way to much and long shifts at that. By the middle of the third he can hardly get off the ice he is so tired. #10 great skateter but can not continue to try and take it up ice by himself. Seems like to many individuals instead of team mates to me. I still think they can right the ship because there is talent there.

Comment

I wonder if this was the first time a Tim coghlin coached St. Norbert team has lost to St. Marys? Maybe '93-'94 in coghlin's first year, but I'm not so sure even then...

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
                    I wonder if this was the first time a Tim coghlin coached St. Norbert team has lost to St. Marys? Maybe '93-'94 in coghlin's first year, but I'm not so sure even then...
                    Last previous St Mary's Wins:

Nov. 12, 1993 - SNC 5 - ST Mary's 6.
                    Nov. 13, 1993 - SNC 4 - ST Mary's 5.

Close Call on Jan. 11, 2008 - at SNC - SNC 3 - ST Mary's 2 in OT.
                    Larry Normandin
                    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

I have to agree with Pete. Must win out for any chance. My observations agree with the first two lines. have not produced like they should. To me #21 as good as he is one the ice way to much and long shifts at that. By the middle of the third he can hardly get off the ice he is so tired. #10 great skateter but can not continue to try and take it up ice by himself. Seems like to many individuals instead of team mates to me. I still think they can right the ship because there is talent there.
                      An element missing from this season's squad are gritty players that are good at digging out the puck off the boards and also contribute around the goal with deflections and second chance efforts to produce goals (like Pulak and Longley from the past several seasons).
                      SNC Men:
                      SNC Women:

Comment

Originally posted by pete99race View Post
                        An element missing from this season's squad are gritty players that are good at digging out the puck off the boards and also contribute around the goal with deflections and second chance efforts to produce goals (like Pulak and Longley from the past several seasons).
                        Clearly two of the biggest contributors (and not necessarily on the scoresheet) gone from last year, along with O'Brien.

Comment

you have to have those guys for sure

Comment

Challenges for SNC

Possible that the teams NCHA/MCHA and MIAC are now recruiting full time/harder?
                            SNC has to compete with other West schools for recruitment.
                            example: 2011/2012 commitments 13- from NAHL, OJHL, SJHL, EJHL and transfers Div 1.
                            MIAC, MCHA now recruit full time with Coordinators for Player Recruitment.

Very competitive.

Comment

Nice article about Johan Ryd, from this morning's GB Press Gazette.
                              http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...xt|FRONTPAGE|s
                              SNC Men:
                              SNC Women:

Comment

Pete's assessment here was absolutely correct. The reason they swept Superior is because they did a much better job in this area all weekend. They had a rough stretch late in the 1st period on Saturday, but most of the weekend they were the much better team along the boards. I thought the 3rd period last night was a clinic on how to play with the lead. Most shifts were spent on the Superior zone and by the time Superior could get the puck out the red line they'd been out for 45 seconds so they could only dump. I was very happy with the play overall on the weekend.
                                Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
                                2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
                                2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
                                Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

Working...
                                X