Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yes it's Just One Weekend BUT: Yooper Teams Rule!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes it's Just One Weekend BUT: Yooper Teams Rule!

What is this?

So Michigan State beats Michigan in football, yet gets swept by little Lake State in hockey. No wonder so many of the Big Ten and other major DI programs want out of the CCHA & WCHA and their losses to small, DII in-state opponents.

The Wisconsin Badgers beat up on Indiana in football, yet gets swept by DII Michigan Tech. The Badgers were fortunate to get a split at home against DII NMU.

Then to top it off, SCSU (who was expected to be the top shelf of the revamped WCHA and soon moving into the elite conference) gets swept at NMU.

Congrats to my alma mater, NMU! Go Cats!

My BSU Beavers couldn't get over the top this weekend at #7/8 Colorado College. Apparently, we played well enough to be in the hunt in both games, but couldn't close the deal.

Should be a great environment this weekend at the Sanford Center when Lake State comes to town. Go Beavers!

Andrew J Carter

Originally posted by Andrew J Carter View Post
    What is this?

So Michigan State beats Michigan in football, yet gets swept by little Lake State in hockey. No wonder so many of the Big Ten and other major DI programs want out of the CCHA & WCHA and their losses to small, DII in-state opponents.

The Wisconsin Badgers beat up on Indiana in football, yet gets swept by DII Michigan Tech. The Badgers were fortunate to get a split at home against DII NMU.

Then to top it off, SCSU (who was expected to be the top shelf of the revamped WCHA and soon moving into the elite conference) gets swept at NMU.

Congrats to my alma mater, NMU! Go Cats!

My BSU Beavers couldn't get over the top this weekend at #7/8 Colorado College. Apparently, we played well enough to be in the hunt in both games, but couldn't close the deal.

Should be a great environment this weekend at the Sanford Center when Lake State comes to town. Go Beavers!

Andrew J Carter
    So basically you started a thread from what I can only imagine was your facebook, twitter, and mass text to both of your friends. He-haw donkey, he-haw!
    "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
    Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
    The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
    Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Re: Yes it's Just One Weekend BUT: Yooper Teams Rule!

...and the Beaver's play Tech this weekend, not Lake State.

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
        So basically you started a thread from what I can only imagine was your facebook, twitter, and mass text to both of your friends. He-haw donkey, he-haw!
        Hey Cross Cheque: This was a remarkable weekend by the Yooper schools and I thought was worthy of attention and discussion. I am neither on facebook or twitter. Why the obstinate criticism? Andrew J Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Crowdedbrain View Post
          ...and the Beaver's play Tech this weekend, not Lake State.
          Sorry. That will teach me not to be hasty. Andrew J Carter

Comment

Hey Cross Cheque: This was a remarkable weekend by the Yooper schools and I thought was worthy of attention and discussion. I am neither on facebook or twitter. Why the obstinate criticism? Andrew J Carter
            Because it's not worthy of discussion and your initial post reads like a parent blowing up a social networking site because their 15yr old just learned to tie his/her shoe.
            "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
            Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Hey Cross Cheque: This was a remarkable weekend by the Yooper schools and I thought was worthy of attention and discussion.
              It was! But the more remarkable thing to me was 7 Michigan schools going undefeated. MSU lost to LSSU (someone had to lose), but otherwise a great weekend for the great state of Michigan at large.
              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Were are happy for you.
                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Because it's not worthy of discussion and your initial post reads like a parent blowing up a social networking site because their 15yr old just learned to tie his/her shoe.
                  Is he the parent or the 15yr old? I'm confused.

Comment

JFC. I agree with cross cheque. Pass the bleach, I need to take a shower.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      JFC. I agree with cross cheque. Pass the bleach, I need to take a shower.
                      Maybe you should start a thread .

Comment

I'm thrilled to see the UP teams winning. Wouldn't it be great to see the UP become a big hockey powerhouse again? I know, I know, location, no $$$, can't recruit, etc etc etc etc etc but it would be great!
                        Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                        "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                        Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                        Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                          I'm thrilled to see the UP teams winning. Wouldn't it be great to see the UP become a big hockey powerhouse again? I know, I know, location, no $$$, can't recruit, etc etc etc etc etc but it would be great!
                          There's no reason the UP teams can't compete and I fully expect that we'll see another NCAA champ come from the UP someday. The UP's 7 national titles weren't a fluke. I grew up playing hockey in the UP and every kid in town played. Hockey is a much bigger part of the UP culture than it is in some other places where they have a few successful years, then declare themselves an elite program in need of an elite league to get a TV contract so they can lure players from real hockey hotbeds.

Comment

Things like this are why people make fun of us, guys. Seriously.
                            Always a Wildcat...
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
                              Things like this are why people make fun of us, guys. Seriously.
                              Finlandia also swept this weekend. Don't forget about Finlandia University.
                              Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
                              1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
                              1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
                              2006-2007: 15-24-2
                              2007-2008: 20-20-4
                              2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Working...
                              X