Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vermont at Minnesota - Oct 21,23 (East Meets West)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vermont at Minnesota - Oct 21,23 (East Meets West)

Homecoming parade tonight.
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
      Homecoming parade tonight.
      And it's not a "name" opponent, and a 6pm start instead of 7 (rush hour affects the trek to the arena quite a bit, especially if you're coming from the west, which many people do), etc etc.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by snwbrdr View Post
        With 8 wins last year I think it would be fairer to say that UVM was playing below the level of their competition, no matter who the competition was. And they were not without three of their top 6 forwards in the exhibition game, they were without one of their top 6, and arguably 2 of their top 9, meanwhile TEAM USA was without anyone over 17 years old.....

I hope the cats manage a split but it seems unlikely unless they start playing with some energy, fundamentals, and chemistry. I don't see that happening this quickly with this young of a team.... But I sure hope I'm WRONG
        Ok I defer to you we stink

Comment

Originally posted by HOCKEYGUY23 View Post
          Ok I defer to you we stink
          You guys will be ok. It's a tough place to play, especially for your first game of the season. Big sheet of ice facing a team built for speed. I bet they make adjustments and Sunday will be a much closer game

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
            You guys will be ok. It's a tough place to play, especially for your first game of the season. Big sheet of ice facing a team built for speed. I bet they make adjustments and Sunday will be a much closer game
            I hope you are right cause it is ugly out there tonight for VT!!!

Comment

Now THAT was a complete game. Nice win boys. Do it again Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post

Game 1 Minnesota 4-1
                I apologize for a) suggesting Minnesota would only score 4 goals and b) having the audacity to assume Vermont would even come close to scoring a goal. Fo-give-a-ness, pleez-uh.
                Lowell Forever
                Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                  Gophers put up another 15 goals this weekend in a sweep of UVM.
                  Since they decided to not try and score in the 3rd, this has been revised down to 12 goals for the weekend.
                  PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                  Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                  NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

I usually hate when the Gophers stop going for it offense, but tonight they went into a "prevent" the right way. They attacked and possessed the puck in the offensive zone for good stretches of time. Much different than the "dump it and let them come at us" approach they have used for the last few years. They instead worked on sound fundamentals and closed it. The Gophers haven't done that for way too long.

Comment

• Re: Vermont at Minnesota - Oct 21,23 (East Meets West)

U-G-L-Y !!

The one shining point for the Cats was Vazzano stepped in and played halfway decent. A very surprising and dissappointing outing for Madore. As far as I could tell those were the only two players on the ice.

Did UVM have one good hit? I had to keep covering my eyes and turning away.

I don't know what that was. It was like watching a high school team skate against MN. I only pray that was a wake up call, but one would have thought the US-18 team would have been. Here's hoping Sneddon lights a fire under someone's arse before Sunday.
                      Originally posted by Hokydad
                      Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Nice effort, UVM. haha
                        Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                          U-G-L-Y !!

The one shining point for the Cats was Vazzano stepped in and played halfway decent. A very surprising and dissappointing outing for Madore. As far as I could tell those were the only two players on the ice.

Did UVM have one good hit? I had to keep covering my eyes and turning away.

I don't know what that was. It was like watching a high school team skate against MN. I only pray that was a wake up call, but one would have thought the US-18 team would have been. Here's hoping Sneddon lights a fire under someone's arse before Sunday.
                          Let's be honest, a high school team would have at least put up a fight. I wish I had DVR'ed the game so I could watch it at 2x speed with Yakety Sax playing in the background.
                          Lowell Forever
                          Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                            Now THAT was a complete game. Nice win boys. Do it again Sunday.
                            Only way to describe it. My fave was Woog's adjectives for the Gophers. Bees and Hunger.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

much as I hate to say this, its exciting to see the gophers play like their formerly awesome selves. Its going to hurt in a few weeks when they smoke the sioux though.

Comment

Originally posted by wasmania View Post
                                much as I hate to say this, its exciting to see the gophers play like their formerly awesome selves. Its going to hurt in a few weeks when they smoke the sioux though.

I am hoping our cheerleaders will put the fear of God into Rocco.
                                XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                                Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Working...
                                X