Miac 2011-2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Miac 2011-2012

Unfortunately forgot to do my predictions this week, but I probably would've guessed about the same as eg1351. Biggest surprise for me was the sweep by Concordia...first time ever from what I saw on their website. After UWRF's first loss of the season this weekend, I'm really looking forward to the GAC-RF game. It should be a good one. Of course, I always expect GAC to win, but either it should be exciting. I haven't checked the website, but I'm hoping it will be broadcast. Anyone know? I might as well make that prediction right now...

GAC 4 - RF 2

Anyone else want to make a prediction?

Comment

GAC should be the favorite based on home ice and this past weekend. UWRF's just went through six periods of tough, hard nosed hockey. GAC figure skated around the Auggies and wasted little to zero energy or effort. So GAC is fresh and at home waiting, while Falls will be on the road and wore out from the UWS series.

But, IMO Gustavus is the better team right now and will win by 3. Should be fun to watch.

Comment

So i'll be going through the torture of working the girls basketball book at the high school I teach at's game tonight...Anyone willing to text me updates from the game...and next tuesday when Superior comes to town to hand the GUsties their first loss?

There is no more pure torture than freshman girls basketball
        UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
        NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
        Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

So this thread has been awfully neglected as of late. Now that conference play starts up again this week, lets get the discussion going again.

This Week:

THURSDAY
          St. Thomas vs. Amherst - This is not the St. Thomas of years past. I just don't think they will be able to make a game of it.

WEEKEND SERIES
          St. Ben's @ Concordia - Concordia Sweeps - Concordia is impressive this year. The break might have hurt some momentum, but St. Ben's is the perfect opponent for them to get it back
          Augsburg vs. Hamline - ... does it really matter? I'll go with a split.
          Bethel vs. St. Olaf - Bethel sweeps - As I predicted at the beginning of the season, Olaf is battling goaltending problems. Both teams are pretty similar as far as offense. In a battle of defense... I take Newstrom every time.
          Gustavus vs. St. Kates - Gustavus sweeps - St. Kate's will have a tough time winning any of their next 8 games. Unfortunate. Look for them to be contenders in the next two years when they grow up a bit.
          St. Thomas vs. St. Mary's - St. Thomas 3 points - I think SMU will pull a point from a tired St. Thomas.

Feel free to comment/criticize/offer your own two cents. Lets show a little (or a lot) more life in this thread in the second half.

Comment

Well it looks like the MIAC title comes down to this weekends tilt between Gustavus and Concordia.Who do you think
            will win? I'm picking them to split this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by GoGoGophers View Post
              Well it looks like the MIAC title comes down to this weekends tilt between Gustavus and Concordia.Who do you think
              will win? I'm picking them to split this weekend.
              any webcasting?

Comment

GAC 3 points.

Comment

GAC sweeps

6-1

4-2

Comment

This Week
                    St. Marys vs. Augsburg - St. Mary's sweeps
                    St. Kate's vs. Bethel - split
                    GAC @ Concordia - GAC 3 points
                    St. Ben's vs Hamline - split
                    St. Olaf vs St. Thomas - St Thomas 3 points

Tuesday
                    GAC @ Superior - GAC wins

Comment

Originally posted by eg1351 View Post
                      GAC 3 points.
                      Nice call. Looks like GAC was down by 2 late in the third.

Comment

Originally posted by 123kidd View Post
                        Nice call. Looks like GAC was down by 2 late in the third.

WOw...what a crappy 11 seconds for Concordia..

Looks like GAC wins the Miac once again. here's hoping they lose to Superior on Tuesday

The game should be viewable here: http://www.ifan.tv/ads/uws/uws.html
                        Last edited by gojackets; 01-29-2012, 01:02 PM.
                        UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
                          WOw...what a crappy 11 seconds for Concordia..

Looks like GAC wins the Miac once again. here's hoping they lose to Superior on Tuesday

The game should be viewable here: http://www.ifan.tv/ads/uws/uws.html
                          Where's Jenn Paul been? Injured? Left the team?

Comment

Originally posted by 123kidd View Post
                            Where's Jenn Paul been? Injured? Left the team?
                            I honestly don't know...I would assume injured as she played in the St Norbert series. If you were leaving the team, wouldn't you have done it before winter break??
                            UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Well I didn't do so hot last week... but seeing as I am the only one making predictions I think I am still in the lead

Here we go again:

This Week's Games
                              St. Thomas vs. Bethel - Split.. low scoring games.
                              St. Kates @ Concordia - Concordia sweeps bad. 4+ both games
                              GAC vs Hamline - GAC sweeps... First game = 6+; Second game = 3-0.
                              St. Marys vs. St Bens - split - Ben's squeaks out a 2-1 victory at home.
                              Augsburg vs. Olaf - Olaf sweeps, 3+ both games.

Comment

Originally posted by eg1351 View Post
                                Well I didn't do so hot last week... but seeing as I am the only one making predictions I think I am still in the lead

Here we go again:

This Week's Games
                                St. Thomas vs. Bethel - Split.. low scoring games.
                                St. Kates @ Concordia - Concordia sweeps bad. 4+ both games
                                GAC vs Hamline - GAC sweeps... First game = 6+; Second game = 3-0.
                                St. Marys vs. St Bens - split - Ben's squeaks out a 2-1 victory at home.
                                Augsburg vs. Olaf - Olaf sweeps, 3+ both games.
                                I will agree with the UST and BU series as both teams tend to not score more than 3 goals and only give up 3 or fewer. UST is playing better and their goalie is making some saves. Both goalies are proven in the conference, best games of the MIAC will be in St. Paul and then in Blaine.

St. Kate's and CM - last time they played it was 4-3 CM. That was before the break though. Problem with St. Kate's is no depth and they cant get to 3 goals. CM has better players and better depth, but I'm not sure about a 4 goal difference. Two games in Moorhead will help the home team.

GAC vs Hamline - If you look at the stats, HU has a goalie with a .950 save percentage and the other one has a .927 so they will get tested for sure on both days and may give up 5 per day for the first time since the first game of the year.

SMU and CSB - each win a game.

AUG and OLAF - Hopefully Auggie Tech can get going and get some points this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X