PDA

View Full Version : Harvard 2011-12 Thread: Celebrating our 375th



Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

alslammerz
10-14-2011, 11:14 AM
With just a week until our first exhibition game and it being Harvard's 375th anniversary celebration today, seemed like as good as time as any for a new season thread.

Have at it Crimson faithful.

sam12
10-16-2011, 01:24 PM
Hope to hear some chatter on here...its been a long time since that last game at Dartmouth.

I think this team is going to surprise a lot of people, I'm picking them to finish top 4 in the league.

bothman
10-17-2011, 03:03 PM
Below are the pivotal questions for this upcoming season:

1) How quickly will Michalek get up the Division 1 learning curve and what kind of performance will result? Can he give the rest of the team confidence (D willing to jump into play, etc) it needs to dictate?
2) How many freshman will immediately push for a starting job?
On Defense - I would expect McNally & Everson to push hard for a starting gig.
On Offense - I would expect Blackwell & Placek to push hard for starting gig. The unknown is McGregor (Played for Swiss World Junior team)
3) Can Harvard score goals?

alslammerz
10-18-2011, 02:46 PM
College Hockey Inc is running a Facebook contest for best college goalie masks. Today's vote features Raphael Girard, and his "Zombies Invading Harvard Yard" mask. It's pretty sweet.

Photo here (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=273269156045941&set=a.135022056537319.15059.120404791332379&type=1&theater) and you can vote at the same link.

Skate79
10-20-2011, 09:47 PM
Below are the pivotal questions for this upcoming season:

1) How quickly will Michalek get up the Division 1 learning curve and what kind of performance will result? Can he give the rest of the team confidence (D willing to jump into play, etc) it needs to dictate?
2) How many freshman will immediately push for a starting job?
On Defense - I would expect McNally & Everson to push hard for a starting gig.
On Offense - I would expect Blackwell & Placek to push hard for starting gig. The unknown is McGregor (Played for Swiss World Junior team)
3) Can Harvard score goals?

Okay, I'll bite. Here are my thoughts without any knowledge of the frosh.

1. Hopefully he will get up to speed quickly because if not, this season will resemble last year only worse. At least Carroll and Richter kept us in games. If our goalies can't make the big save consistently, it will be a very LONG season.
2. I would expect all of them to push for jobs. Harvard isn't exactly coming off a stellar season and so there are jobs to be had (Biega and Killorn being the immediate exceptions). I don't see anyone else on the roster who should be considered a lock.
3. No one knows. I'm hoping the assistant coaches will rework the power play and help Teddy with a system that plays to the strengths of the team. I don't see the team being a 4 or 5 goal a night team but the freshmen could change that scenario. Keep our fingers crossed.

bothman
10-22-2011, 10:19 AM
Anyone at the game last night? Wow - on the power play! Love to get a recap

Which of Harvard's newcomers impressed?

alslammerz
10-22-2011, 11:05 AM
Anyone at the game last night? Wow - on the power play! Love to get a recap

Which of Harvard's newcomers impressed?

Here's some quick thoughts that I had. Recap (http://whrbsports.blogspot.com/2011/10/quick-hits-harvard-vs-western-ontario.html)

Mike Hutter
10-23-2011, 01:50 PM
Anything on the scrimmage with Brown Saturday night at Meehan? Nothing on the Brown thread. In the past those scrimmages have taken on high intensity due to the nature of the rivalry between the 2 teams, and have revealed positives/negatives for both teams.

H60Hockey
11-01-2011, 10:42 AM
Why is this forum dark. Where is the forum for 2011-2012 Harvard Hockey?

bothman
11-01-2011, 11:08 AM
What few of us exist are lingering...anxiously awaiting the start of the 2011-2012 campaign!

bothman
11-04-2011, 10:59 AM
Some articles in today's Herald & Globe on Harvard.

Looks like Luzar and Rempel were injuured this week and both needed to have surgery. Luzar is done for the year and Rempel will be out several weeks. Luckily, Harvard has a ton of depth on the blue line.

Let's beat Princeton tonight!

Goals For Good
11-07-2011, 12:30 PM
Hello fans of Harvard Hockey-

I just wanted to quickly touch base with you in regards to the Goals For Good (http://www.goalsforgood.org) project. In short, it's a competitive goal-a-thon between every team in the ECAC, and every team has partnered with a charity in close relation to their team, school, and or community. We're currently looking for more prizes, but as of now, there is $1,000 on the line going to the local food cupboard of the team that raises the most money. Please check out www.goalsforgood.org to learn more and support your team and their charity by way of their goals and wins.

Thank you,
Kevin McNamara

ajh258
11-07-2011, 01:41 PM
Have at it Crimson faithful.

1.) Pick a better name for your fans. We know there's only 1 fan base that's earned the name faithful in the ECAC and it's not you by a long shot.

2.) About your 375th: DIIIIEEE, DROP DEAD, GO HOME.

3.) See you on Friday :p

jollet
11-08-2011, 05:43 AM
1.) Pick a better name for your fans. We know there's only 1 fan base that's earned the name faithful in the ECAC and it's not you by a long shot.

2.) About your 375th: DIIIIEEE, DROP DEAD, GO HOME.

3.) See you on Friday :p


Another clown who couldn't get into Harvard....sigh.

LynahFan
11-08-2011, 06:10 AM
Another clown who couldn't get into Harvard....sigh.
25% of people who get into Harvard choose to go elsewhere. The other 75% are probably beyond saving in the first place...

ajh258
11-08-2011, 10:42 AM
Another clown who couldn't get into Harvard....sigh. Just because I didn't go, doesn't mean I didn't get in. It's presumptuous people like you who pushed me away.

bothman
11-08-2011, 11:48 AM
25% of people who get into Harvard choose to go elsewhere. The other 75% are probably beyond saving in the first place...

I always find it funny when Cornell fans try and get into the war of academics and acceptance rates with Harvard.

You guys have Harvard in spades in hockey over the last decade and yet you always want to step into an arena where you have no legs to stand on.

Should be a good game on Friday and could be a high scoring affair - I hear Iles has been seeing a masseuse all week because of his sore neck from turning around to see the puck behind him :)

LynahFan
11-08-2011, 05:39 PM
an arena where you have no legs to stand on.
Whatever, #18. (http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-engineering-schools/eng-rankings)

Those look like legs to me. :)

jollet
11-09-2011, 07:38 AM
Whatever, #18. (http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-engineering-schools/eng-rankings)

Those look like legs to me. :)


lol, and you definitely didn't get in, computer temp.

LynahFan
11-09-2011, 03:49 PM
lol, and you definitely didn't get in, computer temp.
Well, if you ever have the chance to fly on a 787 on your way to a poetry convention, you can be thankful that I went to a better engineering school than Harvard. :)