Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Harvard 2011-12 Thread: Celebrating our 375th

Some thoughts about last night's game:

Colin Blackwell is going to be fun to watch. What a dynamo! This kid creates offense where none exists. He is the fastest player we have had since Stevie Martins. His goal in the third period was a thing of beauty and he could have had another several minutes later with a toe drag move. He also isn't afraid to go into the corners.

Harvard still has problems creating offense. They don't move their feet all that well and their skill level is obviously not great. That said, they took advantage of the PPs and it was the difference in the game. That plus some questionable goaltending by the Colgate goalie. Defensively, we did a decent job of keeping Colgate away from Michalek. He made a great save in the third period but otherwise, he didn't have many difficult chances to handle.

Gotta love the way the Crimson came out in the third period. Without Biega, Fallstrom and Killorn, they skated the Raiders out of the building putting constant pressure in the offensive zone. Hopefully they can keep that up.

And finally, Colgate is a bunch of gutless pukes. They way they went after Killorn trying to put him out of the game was embarrassing. Their coach Don Vaughn is a *******. Complaining to the refs after one of his guys sent Killorn flying headfirst into the boards. Yeah, right. Simply pathetic. I hope they finish dead last. I've lost total respect for them.

Comment

A question for any Harvard fan. Thinking of coming down Tuesday night for the UNH game. Any thoughts on parking near the Bright Center and also if there's a dedicated visitor's seating section in your building. If we come down via public trans and get off the red line at Harvard Square, would it be about a 15 minute walk across the river to the arena? Any info would be appreciated.

Comment

Skyraider0609: If you drive you can park in the Business School which is just across N. Harvard Street from the Harvard Stadium and Bright Center. If you use public trans it is just about a 15 minute walk to the rink. Should not be a hassle either way. There is really not much in the way of "dedicated" seating but you probably want to sit behind the UNH bench which is on the west side of the ice.

YOu will have no trouble getting a seat since the student body is indifferent to the hockey program. Gotta win to get their butts in the seats.

Have a blast!

Comment

Originally posted by H60Hockey View Post
          Skyraider0609: If you drive you can park in the Business School which is just across N. Harvard Street from the Harvard Stadium and Bright Center. If you use public trans it is just about a 15 minute walk to the rink. Should not be a hassle either way. There is really not much in the way of "dedicated" seating but you probably want to sit behind the UNH bench which is on the west side of the ice.

YOu will have no trouble getting a seat since the student body is indifferent to the hockey program. Gotta win to get their butts in the seats.

Have a blast!
          Thanks for the info. I'm looking forward to the game.

Comment

Have a blast!
            Been great student crowds at the last four home games (Princeton and Cornell the most, obviously). If there's poor attendance for UNH, will probably have something to do with the Thanksgiving holiday and the fact that most students are leaving over the next two days more than anything.
            Former Harvard Hockey broadcaster on 95.3 FM and WHRB.org.
            Go Crimson!

Comment

New recruit for Harvard for the Class of '13. Frederick Gauthier out of Collège Esther-Blondin outside of Montreal. He will play in the USHL and then matriculate at Harvard.

He's described as 6'4'' 210lbs and a center that can fly and shoot. He has the chance of being selected in the top 3 rounds of the 2013 NHl Draft.

Harvard beat out Cornell for his services. Sounds like a great recruit, but something tells me the Q may still have a shot at him.

Comment

Post-game videos from 7-6 win over UNH: http://www.youtube.com/user/jmklump33?feature=mhee#p/u

Comment

Down 4-0...only to beah UNH 7-6! What a game. Wish I could have been there....

Comment

WOW! Followed this one from a far, stopped paying attention after 4-0...my mistake

Comment

Post-game videos from 3-3 tie at Dartmouth: http://www.youtube.com/user/jmklump33?feature=mhee#p/u

Comment

Harvard Men's Hockey will play at Fenway Park on 1/13 against Union College.

Athletic Department release.
                        Former Harvard Hockey broadcaster on 95.3 FM and WHRB.org.
                        Go Crimson!

Comment

This forum is dead. Does anyone know where the new Harvard Hockey 2011-2012 lives? Could you please post the link on this page?

Comment

This forum is dead. Does anyone know where the new Harvard Hockey 2011-2012 lives? Could you please post the link on this page?
                            Well, not quite. I think it has been tough because the team hasn't been winning for several years. But there are positives to take away from the first half of the season. We are #1 in the nation on the power play and the frosh have really injected some life into the program. Colin Blackwell is the fastest player we have had since Stevie Martins and if Michalek continues to improve, we might prove a difficult out in the playoffs. I think we are going to get better as the season progresses and who knows what might happen come March? The team is much more fun to watch these days with more offensive skill and better playmakers. I think the new assistants are having an effect on the overall play and that can only improve in the second half.

So, all in all, not bad and getting better. I'm pleasantly surprised and looking forward to January.

Happy Holidays everyone!

Comment

I regret to inform you that this is it. I will say that Skate79's comments mirror my thoughts and the hockey is a lot more fun to watch this year.

Comment

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2011/...gainst-flyers/

“I’m learning so much from the guys here, Erik Cole, .......” (Former Clarkson Player)
                                Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                                And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                                WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                                If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Working...
                                X