Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SLU @ UMich: In college hockey, Thurs night games aren't on TV.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLU @ UMich: In college hockey, Thurs night games aren't on TV.

Well, SLU travels to Ann Arbor to play an unusual Thurs night game. SLU comes off a weekend of disappointment against Ferris St, while Michigan comes off 3 wins, although some were closer than I'm sure many maize and blue fans would have preferred from the sounds of it.

I'm predicting 6-1 Michigan in my head, but my heart is saying it will be a 3-2 Michigan win. Either way, I don't see us coming back east with a win.

Re: SLU @ UMich: In college hockey, Thurs night games aren't on TV.

Tommy Thompson with his first career NCAA goal pretty early in the first and it is 1-0 SLU!

Comment

Michigan with 2 quick goals in 45 seconds, first by Glendening and second by Moffatt to go up 2-1.

Comment

Goalie change on SLU maybe?
        Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

Treais makes it 3-1 with 1:11 to go in the 1st.

I knew it was too good to be true.

Comment

And then a hooking penalty on Child 20 seconds after the 3rd goal.

I don't know about a goalie change. It sounded like Moffatt's goal was a beauty, but I'm only following on twitter because I don't have internet (cell phone). It wouldn't surprise me, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Weninger stay in for the 2nd either.

Comment

And that's it for the 1st. 3-1 Michigan, shots were even at 11 for the period.

SLU went 0-1 on the PP early on, and has another 1:19 to kill on Child's penalty, their only penalty of the 1st.

I guess with not much for me to go on, I'm happy we only took the 1 penalty in the period, as that was a major issue last weekend. Also, shots being equal is a good sign, but I don't know how many of those were quality shots. Also good to have Thompson get his first of his career. However, giving up 3 goals in the last 5 minutes of the period is NEVER good, let alone against #4 in the nation, in their barn. Hopefully SLU can chip away at the lead in the 2nd.

Comment

Glendening with his second of the night, followed by a Flanagan PP goal. 4-2 Michigan. SLU then takes a roughing penalty.

Comment

Pateryn makes it 5-2 just after the penalty expires. Ugh.

Comment

Robby Moss replaces Weninger after the 5th goal. Sinelli takes a penalty as well just after it, SLU PP. Get one back here boys.

SLU is the first team this year to score 2 on UM. I guess we can take that moral victory...?

Comment

Moffie scores a goal and then Glendening completes the hat trick with a quick goal after that (17 seconds) and it is now 7-2. Pack up the gear, get on the bus boys, you clearly didn't show up to Michigan.

SLU plays at RIT in Blue Cross Arena Saturday, which is supposedly sold out (11k or so). Maybe they'll show up there.
                      Last edited by hockeyplayer1015; 10-13-2011, 07:51 PM.

Comment

SLU gets a 5x3 PP with a minute left in the second. Powerless Play assemble! /sarcasm. 45 seconds or so of 5x3.

Comment

Flanagan from Hughes with :15 left in the 2nd on the PP, and we'll go into the 3rd 7-3. SLU will remain on the PP, as Flanny's goal came with just a second or 2 to spare on the 5x3.

SLU outshot UM 16-13 in the 2nd, and is outshooting them 27-24 for the game. Mostly because UM has been taking more penalties I imagine. SLU is now 2-6 on the PP, while UM is 0-2.

If SLU scores on the PP to start the 3rd, maybe I'll get some hope back, but I don't think SLU stands a chance in this one. We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                            Moffie scores a goal and then Glendening completes the hat trick with a quick goal after that (17 seconds) and it is now 7-2. Pack up the gear, get on the bus boys, you clearly didn't show up to Michigan.
                            I'm sure they showed up... it's just that they STINK! And they're playing Michigan.
                            Originally posted by reBlur
                            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                              I'm sure they showed up... it's just that they STINK! And they're playing Michigan.
                              Go back under your bridge, troll. Your kind isn't welcome here.

Comment

Working...
                              X