This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: U Maine 2011-2012 Season (thread created when Maine was at .500) Thread

Maine football scored 23 fourth quarter points to beat Richmond 23-22! Maine is now 6-1 and 4-0 in the CAA.
    Curse of the Timmy

Comment

Great comeback on the road.Maybe I'll spend some of the money I've saved these past few years on hockey Regionals traveling to see the football Bears in the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
        Great comeback on the road.Maybe I'll spend some of the money I've saved these past few years on hockey Regionals traveling to see the football Bears in the playoffs.
        That's if they do go on the road, UM could get a top five seed and get home field advantage (they could also bid enough to get home games). UMaine football at Alfond Stadium in December. That thought really excites me (and terrifies any possible opponent). Let's get by Villanova first before what could be the CAA game of the year against Towson on the 5th.

Comment

It appears that North Dakota isn't as good as usual , 2 losses at Wisconsin this weekend. I was thinking Maine played decent against a good team but maybe the good team is stretching it?

I heard the score in the 3rd and didn't bother listening after that, shocked by the final, good job by Cozzy and the team

Wasn't MAine picked 9th in the CAA, TF
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
            It appears that North Dakota isn't as good as usual , 2 losses at Wisconsin this weekend. I was thinking Maine played decent against a good team but maybe the good team is stretching it?

I heard the score in the 3rd and didn't bother listening after that, shocked by the final, good job by Cozzy and the team

Wasn't MAine picked 9th in the CAA, TF
            North Dakota is still a good team. It's not unusual for this team to start slow and develop as the season goes along. For example, Maine swept them one year ago and the Fighting Sioux were in the NCAA tournament at the end of the season.

Where are all of the " fire" Jack Cosgrove fans now?
            Last edited by Runsub5; 10-23-2011, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dunbar View Post
              UMaine football at Alfond Stadium in December. That thought really excites me (and terrifies any possible opponent).
              That's nuts. And great. I'd love to see it. Happy for you guys. Nice to see some football teams in New England having some success.

Wasn't there a west coast Maine fan that wanted Cosgrove fired?
              Originally posted by reBlur
              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                North Dakota is still a good team. It's not unusual for this team to start slow and develop as the season goes along. For example, Maine swept them one year ago and the Fighting Sioux were in the NCAA tournament at the end of the season.
                Yes
                But my thoughts are based on the UND team when we play them so what I said still stands we played a UND team that isn't so good, if you want we can add,at least right now That tempers my thoughts about how Maine did there last weekend

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  Yes
                  But my thoughts are based on the UND team when we play them so what I said still stands we played a UND team that isn't so good, if you want we can add,at least right now That tempers my thoughts about how Maine did there last weekend
                  North Dakota outshot Wisconsin by a ton though. Everything Wisconsin put on net went in. The Sioux outplayed them by a wide margin. That's not what happened last weekend in Grand Forks.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    Yes
                    I get what your saying. While UND starts slow, Maine seems to start 'strong'. So, while traditionally UND finishes strong and able to hold they're heads up, Maine finishes with hands in pockets, head down, toeing the sand, to embarrassed to look ya in the eye cause they know they e******* up.

Comment

Originally posted by lkenney View Post
                      North Dakota outshot Wisconsin by a ton though. Everything Wisconsin put on net went in. The Sioux outplayed them by a wide margin. That's not what happened last weekend in Grand Forks.
                      I didn't see the games but I know Wisconsin lost to Tech twice and then beat UND twice.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        I didn't see the games but I know Wisconsin lost to Tech twice and then beat UND twice.
                        So far in this early part of the College Hockey season there has been plenty of Upsets of top teams either in rankings or in expectations for the season. Alot that happens in October has complete changes come late Febuary and early March...a long season still to go.

Comment

We will do great and rise to the occassion. I have faith in our players and our coaching staff. Go Black Bears!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Papa View Post
                            We will do great and rise to the occassion. I have faith in our players and our coaching staff. Go Black Bears!
                            *yawn*

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                              That's nuts. And great. I'd love to see it. Happy for you guys. Nice to see some football teams in New England having some success.

Wasn't there a west coast Maine fan that wanted Cosgrove fired?
                              Yeah......me. And I give him credit for this season. In fact, he may finally have a .500 record at Maine after 19 SEASONS. One year does not make a career.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post

Where are all of the " fire" Jack Cosgrove fans now?
                                I'm here........but a couple of years ago, I resigned myself to the fact that Cosgrove is here to stay much like Whitehead is. I'm glad that Cosgrove and the football program is having a great season.......he's had 4 of them in 19 years at the helm.

Comment

Working...
                                X