This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    What you would see for sure is a TEAM play as a TEAM and with purpose...changes in game plans during the game to fit the situations...and a TIME-OUT when they are playing like BLANK and light a fire in them and in front of the Crowd...talent is as only good as the force behind it. Don't fool yourself a Change has been needed for a long time...and bet you have NOT seen the BOTTOM of it yet...9 games in: 3-5-1;5 shorthanded goals...5 shorthanded goals in a TOTAL season is not acceptable,let ALONE in just 9 games.
    Let's face it Maine hockey has become the "Dunder Mifflin" of HE and Tim is our Michael Scott , with Dwight Kerluke by his side. Ask the players, practices are a joke, with much time spent hanging around...goalies coached via the internet, ..he has lost the team.....respect has to be earned and this team has lost it for Michael Whitehead, or Tim Scott, as you prefer,,,,,

Comment

• Re: U Maine 2011-2012 Season (thread created when Maine was at .500) Thread

I have FREE hockey tickets to the rest of the season to anyone stupid enough to go to a game! I can't believe I bought the **** things this year! You know the old saying UMAINE Athletic Department.....Fool Me Once Shame on you....fool me twice... I'm all done with MAINE HOCKEY!

Comment

Tonight's game is the biggest in the Whitehead era. If they lose tonight then he has lost the players. And we all know what that means

If after 2 periods UMO is sucking, the fans should all get up at the same time leave. That's only way you can send a message to the powers that be.

Comment

• Originally posted by DownEastblkbearfan View Post
          I have FREE hockey tickets to the rest of the season to anyone stupid enough to go to a game! I can't believe I bought the **** things this year! You know the old saying UMAINE Athletic Department.....Fool Me Once Shame on you....fool me twice... I'm all done with MAINE HOCKEY!
          I'll take them. I could use some more humor in my life.

Comment

Originally posted by dunbar View Post
            I'll take them. I could use some more humor in my life.
            I'm next in line if you decide not to take them. I have friends who could use them. As poorly as Maine has performed so far, it's still college hockey. Nothing like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nostrajimus View Post
              Tonight's game is the biggest in the Whitehead era. If they lose tonight then he has lost the players. And we all know what that means

If after 2 periods UMO is sucking, the fans should all get up at the same time leave. That's only way you can send a message to the powers that be.
              Maine wins tonight unless the goaltending is like the first period of last nights game.
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

What is it, exactly, that we're waiting to see from Ouellette? How is there any uncertainty left about what he can contribute to the team?
                1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  Maine wins tonight unless the goaltending is like the first period of last nights game.
                  I agree, Maine wins. However, there is this goal tending..........

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
                    What is it, exactly, that we're waiting to see from Ouellette? How is there any uncertainty left about what he can contribute to the team?
                    After last season I figured #51 would have come back this fall with zest/focus and to show that he can do the job in net for UMaine,but I guess and hope not,but there's no focus and he show's little to no emotion...I always said he had upside talent,but maybe I missed the boat. 2bad. And you can trace that bad to Coaching...not getting it right hurts.

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
                      Unless he gets the zen master to help(Grant ), there may be nothing he can contribute. I still say if Grant wasn't run out of town, Marty would be another in the long string of good Maine goalies. Guess we'll never know

Comment

The mental aspect is as important as the physical aspect when it comes to successful goal tending. Look where the entire team is mentally.......it's a dreadful situation. TIMMAY must feel lost without his golfing buddy Blake James to back him up. I think that TIMMAY knows that the writing is on the wall.......and the players know it too. Just a bad situation, but for the long term good of the program.......we all knew that we would have to trudge through a season like this.

Comment

Looks like Maine isn't a football school either

Comment

Originally posted by Nostrajimus View Post

I would say if you look at the effort they put in last night, he's already lost the players. Getting beat is one thing, but these guys didn't even work hard last night, didn't fight, didn't show the least bit of heart.

I've said it before about other teams, but it's still true. They come in every season with a jump in their step, some hustle and passion in their play, and it lasts for about the month of October, until Timid Tim has had the chance to coach it all out of them. "don't take any chances, make sure you stay back, don't take any penalties, don't do this, don't do that etc. etc."
                            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                              Unless he gets the zen master to help(Grant ), there may be nothing he can contribute. I still say if Grant wasn't run out of town, Marty would be another in the long string of good Maine goalies. Guess we'll never know
                              Well so would have Bishop, and whatshisname, the drunk.
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                                it lasts for about the month of October, until Timid Tim has had the chance to coach it all out of them. "
                                This is what I don't get.......can't Whitehead see that his style just isn't working? Is he that stubborn that he can't adjust his line of thinking? Maybe is contract extension and guaranteed $400K makes him a bit cocky, but still........he's gotta know that the end is coming one way or another.

Comment

Working...
                                X