X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: U Maine 2011-2012 Season (thread created when Maine was at .500) Thread

Originally posted by Slapshot08 View Post
    Amestoy leaving the Black Bears?? Rachel Lenzi retweeted this from Cornell: Really going to miss @camestoy92, but excited for his fresh start up North! Great kid Great Player... #Confidence
    Bah! This is lame! I for one, hope this is not true.

And seeing as though I dedicated a post to Amestoy not to long ago, maybe I have some weird powers in the cosmos as to the immediate future of my case subjects.

Check it: Ode to Nick Pryor.

"Let it be known; I'm a fan of Nick Pryor.
    Never before a topic of my ire.
    Through the ups and downs he does not tire, about this I'll take a flier.
    The first two years, his situation dire.
    Maybe now he'll go wire to wire.
    Yes, I'm a fan of Nick Pryor"

(disclaimer: in no way do I hope for or support the demise of Nick Pryor; neither physical nor mental/emotional))

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshot08 View Post
      Amestoy leaving the Black Bears?? Rachel Lenzi retweeted this from Cornell: Really going to miss @camestoy92, but excited for his fresh start up North! Great kid Great Player... #Confidence
      smart kid.
      I can think of at least one more kid who oughtta leave and who would get infinitely more playing time elsewhere.

Comment

I saw Cornell's tweet last night, wasn't quite sure what to make of it. If he is leaving, I wish him well. He's a good young man with a great work ethic. He's had trouble scoring (11 shots last year as a freshman), and hasn't scored this year. I truly hope he benefits from more playing time.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerzx2002 View Post
          Looks like he's heading back home to Toronto.

0 points in 15 games over this season and last? Who saw that coming?

Hard to put up points when you aren't put in a game! Good luck to him

Comment

well sheesh, what do you expect? Timmay won't do more than spot duty for his freshmen unless he absolutely has to, and then only on checking line duty.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Coaching changes really rejuvenate old,stale and wilting programs. Take PC for example. UNH is another program which would benefit from a thorough cleansing.
              Last edited by all bear; 11-11-2011, 04:57 PM.
              sure why not

Comment

I didn't think he would come back after this season but surprised he left at this point in the year. He came in too early. I know some people are against players spending a bunch of years in juniors but he should have waited another year if not two.

Pretty disappointing tonight. How many fluky goals can you give up and how many dumb penalties can you take? Why was Leen not playing? I thought O' Connor looked good along with the freshmen. The top line is on the ice way too much, especially on the PP.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

They're not flukey goals, they're the result of complete fundamental breakdowns, or just boneheaded plays with the puck. Funny how Maine never seems to score those flukey goals.

And how can Lowell, Lowell!!!, Lowell!!!! ferchrissaakes!!!!!!!, get a Canadian player like Wilson, and Maine can't?

TIMMAY needs to go now, hand this mess over to Corkum, and see what he can salvage of it. I'm sick of seeing TIMMAY's hangdog mug on my tv screen after yet another dismal performance. Yeah TIMMAY, you need to play better defense, and stop the puck. But just how do you propose to go about making that happen? That's your frickin' job, after all!!! You can start by hiring a new goaltending coach.
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Sean Walsh must be rolling in his grave! The place started to clear with 8 minutes left and was nearly empty with 5 minutes left.
                    So now there is no offense and defense that can't defend. Can't be all on Marty...defense was walked around at least a dozen times (conservatively), gave up puck numerous times, caught flat footed and don't play the body.
                    Can't imagine folks will continue to come out in the cold for that show.
                    There is lots of talent on this team, they need the right motivator and coach.
                    Right now they have the wrong captain at the helm.

Comment

Timmay them ready tonight, sharp as a tack they were. Beattie must want to sit after taking 2 penalties to give back a man advantage. I'll bet O'Connor and Cerratani don't play tomorrow but Beattie does, go figure. Marty is athletic but he is a wreck mentally. Lowell looked alot better that last year, good for them. Maine looks like crap, just like last year
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by bkbrkrbr View Post
                        There is lots of talent on this team.....
                        There is???

Comment

My God, how in the world can you say "there is lots of talent on this team"?

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                            My God, how in the world can you say "there is lots of talent on this team"?
                            I agree, there isn't **** for talent on this team. One line, no D and inconsistent goal tending that when good isn't great
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                              They're not flukey goals, they're the result of complete fundamental breakdowns, or just boneheaded plays with the puck. Funny how Maine never seems to score those flukey goals.

And how can Lowell, Lowell!!!, Lowell!!!! ferchrissaakes!!!!!!!, get a Canadian player like Wilson, and Maine can't?

TIMMAY needs to go now, hand this mess over to Corkum, and see what he can salvage of it. I'm sick of seeing TIMMAY's hangdog mug on my tv screen after yet another dismal performance. Yeah TIMMAY, you need to play better defense, and stop the puck. But just how do you propose to go about making that happen? That's your frickin' job, after all!!! You can start by hiring a new goaltending coach.

TIMMAY is just collecting a check. Zombie stands there chewing his gum with no emotion at all. He can start by resigning tonight before we force him out.
                              When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

That was pathetic. Simply put.

Go Football. BEAT UMASS

Comment

Working...
                                X