This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: U Maine 2011-2012 Season (thread created when Maine was at .500) Thread

...and I like the tags for this thread too...

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
      The Question should be: Can he be bought out..? Or is the only way out of his Contract is that A.D. Abbott has to FIRE him....does he have a Buy Out Clause or did his Buddy Blake James make it hard for Maine to Buy him out..?
      The rich get richer is this economy, and some of the rich UMO alums actually want results, so yes, they can buy out his contract, and yes Abbott has the stones. Who do I make the check out too?

Comment

Originally posted by Nostrajimus View Post
        The rich get richer is this economy, and some of the rich UMO alums actually want results, so yes, they can buy out his contract, and yes Abbott has the stones. Who do I make the check out too?
        I'll believe it when I see it, if I even believe it then...

If a buyout is gonna happen, yes, it had d@mn-well be done with private money, because there is no way in the Great State of Maine that taxpayers are going to think that $250K is money well-spent to get rid of a mere hockey coach. We Mainers are just born too smart and too *frugal* to spend that kind of dough on something so frivolous, right?

If I'm Tim I suppose I'd continue to collect on someone else's mistake as long as possible, but the honorable thing to do would be to negotiate some kind of early-exit severance $ that wouldn't strap the athletic department any more than it already is. Don't see that happening, either, though.

Whitehead will likely never land another D-1 job in his life, so I'm thinking he's going to take the Blake James gift and keep running with it, and I can't say that I blame him. He's never been a Maine guy, really. He'd probably bleed Hamilton blue if you cut him, but Maine's blue is a different shade... And his wallet grows fatter every day, whether Maine wins or not.

Unfortunately, it's a no-brainer for him to play out the string in Orono, though, and God help us.
        Last edited by Fishman'81; 11-09-2011, 02:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fiqure8 View Post
          Grant is still working the rinks....................but not for Maine..........
          Yes I know...he's helping out Jim Montgomery at times with Dubuque of the USHL.

Comment

Originally posted by Nostrajimus View Post
            Would that be a 2 yr Buyout..? What does he make with perks/etc..? $190,000 per season.?..x 2 yrs would be around $380,000,roughly...hope there are Donors willing to fork over for 2 yrs...

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
              I'll believe it when I see it, if I even believe it then...

If a buyout is gonna happen, yes, it had d@mn-well be done with private money, because there is no way in the Great State of Maine that taxpayers are going to think that $250K is money well-spent to get rid of a mere hockey coach. We Mainers are just born too smart and too *frugal* to spend that kind of dough on something so frivolous, right?

If I'm Tim I suppose I'd continue to collect on someone else's mistake as long as possible, but the honorable thing to do would be to negotiate some kind of early-exit severance $ that wouldn't strap the athletic department any more than it already is. Don't see that happening, either, though.

Whitehead will likely never land another D-1 job in his life, so I'm thinking he's going to take the Blake James gift and keep running with it, and I can't say that I blame him. He's never been a Maine guy, really. He'd probably bleed Hamilton blue if you cut him, but Maine's blue is a different shade... And his wallet grows fatter every day, whether Maine wins or not.

Unfortunately, it's a no-brainer for him to play out the string in Orono, though, and God help us.
              Yeah he'll run with this job as long as he possibly can until he's physically ousted from it. He doesnt have the cajones to pack it up and admit that he's incapable of running this program the way the fans want it run. Best get used to it, 2 more years at a minimum with Tim.
              Last edited by all bear; 11-09-2011, 08:46 AM.
              sure why not

Comment

Despite what some will try to have us believe there are many fans that like Coach Whitehead. He knows his hockey and despite all the smack talk on this thread he does develop players!
                Everyone should just take a deep breath and enjoy the ride.
                Maine hockey is in good hands.
                It would be nice to read something positive instead of the same verbal attacks on our coaching staff.

Comment

Who has he developed? Who left Maine a better player their last year than they were their first? Let's see some examples.
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                    Would that be a 2 yr Buyout..? What does he make with perks/etc..? $190,000 per season.?..x 2 yrs would be around $380,000,roughly...hope there are Donors willing to fork over for 2 yrs...
                    Cindy had two years left on her contract, but her buyout clause only required the U to pay her one year salary. Maybe we can get out of this mess for "just" 190K

Unfortunately it is now going to take a good coach several years to bring Maine back from mediocrity

Comment

I'm talking about guys who actually contribute, Colton, IMPACT players, not 4th line depth guys. Top six forwards and top pair D......for BU and BC, theyre from New England. Look at the list.

The guys you mention, that aren top 6 at those schools....theyre not gonna be top 6 at Maine either. They don't help.

Point is if Maine is losing Canadian kids they used to get ts because 1) Rules change in the NHL and less 25 year old freshman are slipping through the cracks and 2) Grant isn't scouring the local golf handicaps to rescue a kid from pumping gas in Manitoba.

It is not because of Jack and Jerry recruiting up there
                      Last edited by BoSox3066; 11-09-2011, 11:08 AM.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                      43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                      104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                      3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                        Who has he developed? Who left Maine a better player their last year than they were their first? Let's see some examples.
                        Since Grant left? Its a short list. Tanner House and that's about it.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                        43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                        104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                        3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          Upper right corner of screen, Settings, click on it. Middle of screen on left after clicking, edit ignore list, I don't ignore folks as a general rule but this is beyond obnoxious.
                          Thank you!
                          Curse of the Timmy

Comment

Originally posted by Big Papa View Post
                            Come on guys. Things are not so bad.
                            We will start winning just chillax!

Go Black Bears!

I believe in you guys. Don't let the fairweather fans get you down.
                            Keep working hard in the class room and on the ice.

Your TRUE FANS are always supporting you WIN OR LOSE!
                            TRUE FANS support a coach who develops players and gives a S*** during a game. I am so sick and tired of seeing an awful call by a referee and TIM just stands there munching on his fruity trident layer gum! I see ZERO emotion from him, how does that motivate a team in a game?..it doesn't. His go to phrase to his players in a very monotone voice is"come on boys while clapping his hands. I miss the days when Shawn would be standing on the boards giving a referee an ear full, he would also get the crowd in it. Those were the days..

Comment

Originally posted by Big Papa View Post
                              he does develop players!
                              It would be nice to read something positive instead of the same verbal attacks on our coaching staff.
                              writing that Tim develops players does not make it so.
                              again, you force somene to point out in vivid detail what you do not have the balls to say, yourself.... Junior coaches and family advisors tell decent players to avoid Whitehead at all costs... BECAUSE he does not develop players. I am going to take their word for it, over a former South Dakota pro-abortion activist

It would be nice to have some positive things to say.
                              Maybe if Timmy would lower the expectations of the fans and come clean, then we would not point out that his grandiose claims are hollow.

as for House being developed under Timmy... maybe... or he and Flynn benefitted from being left wide open while Gus was double and triple teamed for a couple years.... we shall see how Tanner does in OK City... right now he is 19th on the team in scoring and behind all 6 regular defensemen... not sure that is where a former Maine captiain would have been had he been developed by Grant.
                              Last edited by KnowItAll; 11-10-2011, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                                Psssh... "Examples" from Big Papa? Don't be so foolish. His job is to pump Whitehead's tires.

Comment

Working...
                                X