X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: U Maine 2011-2012 Season (thread created when Maine was at .500) Thread

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
    the fact remains that Maine is no longer the major player they once were when it comes to recruiting elite Canadian talent.
    Half the problem is Maine doesn't recruit Canadians at all anymore unless they are 15 and using Maine as a pawn so they can get drafted by the CHL team they prefer. Maine has a grand total of 4 Canadians on the team apparently Whitehead figures he'd rather just recruit in the EJHL and get a few left overs in the USHL.

Comment

Originally posted by BearNecessity View Post
      There are no simple answers for this. o'Neil is a talented player, who coaches seeing incapable of mistakes.d
      dim men was the defensive stalwart on thar pair, Mangene has been told to jump in, soOnsie is now the Defensive guy, and is I'll suited to the role. Get a better d pairing move Mangene back up front, or a new pairing and you would get the better return, still like the Beattie, Mangene, Anthoine idea, and this would get O'Connor and Cornell back in, and build confidence, instead oh having them yo yo in and out . put Hegs with either of these guys and you will see a different , same with O'neil. Marty better last night
      This makes perfect sense...Onsie has been invisible this year trying to adjust to a new partner; a F turned Dman after how many years? Onsie needs a good season being a Sr. and he's having to play a new role as the defensive partner in this pairing. He's getting penalties 'cus he's stuck covering for a D partner that can't play the position at this level. Hegs is good...he needs the right coach to motivate him. I think O'Connor and Cornell played together winning the Nat'l. Jr's. so yeah, that makes sense too. Marty will be fine, needs confidence and strong D.

Comment

Originally posted by bkbrkrbr View Post
        Onsie needs a good season being a Sr. and he's having to play a new role as the defensive partner in this pairing. He's getting penalties 'cus he's stuck covering for a D partner that can't play the position at this level.
        He's getting penalties because he's one of the slowest skaters in D1 and can't keep up with the play. I've noticed Mangene doing most of the covering for mistakes because he actually has the wheels to get back. O'Neill is useful on the powerplay that's why he's in the lineup it has certainly never been for his defense.

Comment

Hockeypuck...you should be more grateful for the opportunities instead of throwing Onsie under the bus. Wow, that's very low.

Comment

Hockeypuck...you should be more grateful for the opportunities instead of throwing Onsie under the bus. Wow, that's very low.
            Ever watch him skate? If he's behind the play he has no chance to catch up
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Oro-zero! come on fafan, what do u got?

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                FWIW, Maine wasn't very good on Friday night. Grasping at straws and a ray of hope with those shot stats, IMO.

Last Saturday Lowell outshot their opponent 40-24 and lost 6-3 (and outshot them 39-20 the night before and lost 4-2). Don't hang your hat on stats. Believe what you see on the ice.
                A-freakin-men!

Comment

Timothy Whitehead is LAZY......and so is his team!

Comment

Walrus...are you from Louisiana too?

Comment

Kreider....Atkinson....Jimmy Hayes....Gerbe...Whitney...Ferrerio...Gibbons....S chneider and Muse...Voce and Shannon....Gionta....I mean honestly besides the Eaves brothers, who play for US national teams...who has BC ever had that was Canadian?

Maine's problems are NOT because BC is stealing Canadians. I've read some absurd stuff on this board but that one might take the cake.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                      43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                      104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                      3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                        Kreider....Atkinson....Jimmy Hayes....Gerbe...Whitney...Ferrerio...Gibbons....S chneider and Muse...Voce and Shannon....Gionta....I mean honestly besides the Eaves brothers, who play for US national teams...who has BC ever had that was Canadian?

Maine's problems are NOT because BC is stealing Canadians. I've read some absurd stuff on this board but that one might take the cake.
                        I don't care who's stealing Canadian recruits from Maine. The clear issue is Maine has gone away from what worked. Let's take the 99 NC team:
                        Kariya, Larose, Cullen, Kerluke, Gustafsson, Heisten, Guite, Michaud...

That's the top seven scorers and the starting goaltender...what do they have in common? 6 of the 8 are Canadian. 7 of the 8 are not from the United States of America. 8 of 8 did not play in the EJHL. Maine's bread and butter was picking good Canadians with some talented Americans who wanted to win. Not "Let's go to the Jr Monarchs and Boston Advantage game and see what we can pull out of our arse."

Look at the 02 or 04 teams, too. A few Americans, but mostly Canadians who wanted to win and had what it takes.

I'm so sick of losing. Fire Timmay!

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                          Timothy Whitehead is LAZY......and so is his team!
                          I do not agree that he is lazy. He does absolutely everything for that team... that is one of his major problems... he does not delegate because he does not recruit people that he trusts.... and I think that he does not trust anyone.

a lot more would get done if he doled out assignments and they were carried out by his lieutenants.... but that is never gonna happen.
                          the canaries were dead long ago, now the miners are dieing.

How's bangor basketball, Brewer football and John Bapts swimming look? go have some fun rooting for other kids giving it their all and save $75 doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
                            I don't care who's stealing Canadian recruits from Maine. The clear issue is Maine has gone away from what worked. Let's take the 99 NC team:
                            Kariya, Larose, Cullen, Kerluke, Gustafsson, Heisten, Guite, Michaud...

That's the top seven scorers and the starting goaltender...what do they have in common? 6 of the 8 are Canadian. 7 of the 8 are not from the United States of America. 8 of 8 did not play in the EJHL. Maine's bread and butter was picking good Canadians with some talented Americans who wanted to win. Not "Let's go to the Jr Monarchs and Boston Advantage game and see what we can pull out of our arse."

Look at the 02 or 04 teams, too. A few Americans, but mostly Canadians who wanted to win and had what it takes.

I'm so sick of losing. Fire Timmay!
                            honestly, I think it is a little more simple than that.
                            it was a case where good players were told to go work with Grant Standbrook, because if anyone can hone your skills, it is Grant.
                            for YEARS Kariya would call grant before NHL games and ask for tips... I bet ya a nickel DeKastrozza does not call Kerluke

Comment

Hegs is good...
                              ...For what? Passing through his own crease on the breakout..?

No offense intended, but he's just plain scary half the time, IMO. He has shown lousy judgment time and time again.
                              Last edited by Fishman'81; 11-07-2011, 01:13 AM.

Comment

Walrus...are you from Louisiana too?
                                Yeah
                                I've commuted back and forth for the last 20 something years to most every hockey game at Alfond Arena and quite a few on the road.
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X