X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: U Maine 2011-2012 Season (thread created when Maine was at .500) Thread

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
    Not to pile on guys but it just doesn't look good for Maine.
    A sure sign Maine is done, a pinhead isn't piling on, This means Maine is irrelevant and Timmay has finally ruined the program. Can anyone tell me why Timmay changed the goalie rotation? He handles players like crap.
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
      Very disappointing outcome.
      But not a surprising outcome. No one including Timmay thought they could win down there
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Good luck tonight fellas. Its always a fun atmosphere when Maine comes to town, I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

R.I.P. Maine Hockey and there Fans....ONLY HOPE: It comes to the and end this Spring,a NEW man behind the bench and rebuilding on the way...HOPEFULLY.

Comment

I gotta admit, it was sad to see a Maine team not being able to even compete.
            That was a pretty poor showing last night. Your boys look completely out of shape.
            This BC team is very good, but has nowhere near the speed of some previous teams, and Maine couldn't keep up.
            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
              That was a pretty poor showing last night. Your boys look completely out of shape.
              This BC team is very good, but has nowhere near the speed of some previous teams, and Maine couldn't keep up.
              pretty fair assessment - your guys just skated circles around us. Kreider going in for the shortie didn't have any of our guys in the same zip code with him. That was just a good old-fashioned butt-kicking.
              Oh well, see ya in Orono in January!

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                Another freakin shorthanded goal allowed. Makes my head explode just thinking about it.
                they missed 2 other easy ones too - could have been a LOT uglier than it was!

Comment

Biggest game of the year in Orono today! Should be a great crowd. GO BLUE! BEAT TOWSON!

Support winners on campus. I can't believe some people can still stand paying to watch this hockey team. It's ridiculous.

Screw hockey, we'll get UNH in two weeks for the CAA title.

Comment

Really discouraging to see the direction the program is headed. I agree that everything starts at the top. From recruiting to development, to utilizing the players properly. We've always been able to discover overlooked talent and develop it, but for some reason Tim is sticking with players in roles that isn't working. Confusing and sad to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                      R.I.P. Maine Hockey and there Fans
                      It's a long season, and that was just one game against a very good team. This is something you say once the Black Bears are out of contention for the tournament (crazy to think its been 4 years, big change from when I was a kid!) Keep calm, and beat UNH!!
                      NMU '10

Comment

I went to UNH/UMass last night. The score showed a lopsided win for UNH. It seemed to me that it was more of a result of poor goal tending for UMass. I was not that impressed with UNH.

Interesting to note, the Whitt was no where near full. The student section was but there were plenty of seats through out the building. I realize the game was against UMass and they are probably not the biggest draw. At the same time, this was the most empty I have seen a game since Maine played there in a blizzard 3 or 4 years ago.

Maybe UNH can hire the same firm Maine used to contract their facility?

Comment

Originally posted by sisu458 View Post
                          It's a long season, and that was just one game against a very good team. This is something you say once the Black Bears are out of contention for the tournament (crazy to think its been 4 years, big change from when I was a kid!) Keep calm, and beat UNH!!
                          The program and the fans started to die 10 years ago. Now were all officially 6 feet under....GO MAINE FOOTBALL! Perfect football weather today
                          Curse of the Timmy

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                            Thats its right there. Maine no longer knows how to compete. Especially on the road. Thats the essence of being able to win on the road. You must compete and MAINE DOES NOT.
                            sure why not

Comment

It comes down to one VERY simple thing - a complete and utter lack of talent. Unlike in years gone by, the players that Maine has been recruiting lately weren't even on the radar screen of top schools like BU, BC, Michigan, NoDak, DU, MN, etc. Your current first line would have been the 4th line at best on most of those 90's teams.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                                A sure sign Maine is done, a pinhead isn't piling on, This means Maine is irrelevant and Timmay has finally ruined the program. Can anyone tell me why Timmay changed the goalie rotation? He handles players like crap.
                                Matt Lundin's godfather is asking THIS question?

my best guess is that Sullivan's stars are in closest convergence and Mars is Transiting Jupiter.. how else can it be explained?

Comment

Working...
                                X