This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: U Maine 2011-2012 Season (thread created when Maine was at .500) Thread

I believe we'll see a more veteran lineup this weekend at BC. Theo and Klas in, Amestoy and Cerratani out. Cornell in, O'Connor out. Or, sat. lineup vs PC against BC, and fri. lineup vs PC against UNH. It will be interesting to see who gets the start in net on fri. I too would like to see Rutt only because he's a Maine kid. Maybe in two weeks vs Lowell.

I agree with the majority regarding Cornell. I don't think he's great or the answer, but he is not the problem. On firday, PC's fourth goal, the angle on the tele makes Cornell look foolish. But if O'Neill hadn't chased his man behind the net, presumably there would have been rotation, O'Neil picks up the man coming down slot and Cornell takes the man coming around the net. Who was the center on that goal?

I like Hegarty in front on the PP. Thats about it though. I don't seem to care much for Pryor, but he did draw two penalties last night. I do like that Nemic has started using his body. I don't think the team has anyone right now that could do better, and that really is the problem. A lack of talent is a lack of talent.

Comment

Originally posted by fiqure8 View Post
      He was still -1 after scoring a goal................Maine definately needs size in front of the net........check out the last 2 minutes of last night's game.......how about trying out Rutt??.........
      May not see Rutt till the USA/U18 game (Nov.23rd) or the games before it (2) vs UML and (1) vs UMass...not much of a chance he get into the Lineup vs BC & UNH this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by chripy View Post
        I believe we'll see a more veteran lineup this weekend at BC. Theo and Klas in, Amestoy and Cerratani out. Cornell in, O'Connor out. Or, sat. lineup vs PC against BC, and fri. lineup vs PC against UNH. It will be interesting to see who gets the start in net on fri. I too would like to see Rutt only because he's a Maine kid. Maybe in two weeks vs Lowell.

I agree with the majority regarding Cornell. I don't think he's great or the answer, but he is not the problem. On firday, PC's fourth goal, the angle on the tele makes Cornell look foolish. But if O'Neill hadn't chased his man behind the net, presumably there would have been rotation, O'Neil picks up the man coming down slot and Cornell takes the man coming around the net. Who was the center on that goal?

I like Hegarty in front on the PP. Thats about it though. I don't seem to care much for Pryor, but he did draw two penalties last night. I do like that Nemic has started using his body. I don't think the team has anyone right now that could do better, and that really is the problem. A lack of talent is a lack of talent.
        Whatever the choice we have to give credit to Coach Whitehead. He is doing a fantastic job as usual.
        Go Black Bears!

Comment

This is probably a minor issue and not much to it, but it caught my eye. After the game last night, Leaman and his staff shake hands with the Maine coaching staff and leave the ice. Most other coaches get in line and shake hands with both teams. Perhaps that's not done in the ECAC?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Papa View Post
            Whatever the choice we have to give credit to Coach Whitehead. He is doing a fantastic job as usual.
            Go Black Bears!
            You rock Big Papa...and so do the Black Bears. Go Blue !!
            sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by Big Papa View Post
              Go Black Bears!
              "As usual"???..........LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                This is probably a minor issue and not much to it, but it caught my eye. After the game last night, Leaman and his staff shake hands with the Maine coaching staff and leave the ice. Most other coaches get in line and shake hands with both teams. Perhaps that's not done in the ECAC?
                I noticed that as well, I also noticed that they didn't shake hands friday night.
                Curse of the Timmy

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                  TW's extension began this season (3 yr deal).....
                  Thanks, and pass me a bushel of Prozac, if you got it...

I don't know where I got the misinformation, but I was under the impression that Tim's extension started two years ago, and that we had only one more hopeless season to endure.

Being north of 40, I'm putting "seeing Maine playing meaningful hockey in March" on the bucket-list now, right alongside climbing Mt. Everest.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

I don't know where I got the misinformation, but I was under the impression that Tim's extension started two years ago, and that we had only one more hopeless season to endure.

Being north of 40, I'm putting "seeing Maine playing meaningful hockey in March" on the bucket-list now, right alongside climbing Mt. Everest.
                    That was the other extension (6 years?).........the one before the current one (3 years?).

Thanks Blake James and Robert Kennedy!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

Will be interesting to see if Maine has a .500 or less season if A.D. Abbott steps in come April or a little after. I would assume he has been hearing quite alot from everyone since he took the job (Fans/Donors/Alumni,etc.) I can tell you,go around the rink/outside the area and pretty much anywhere's you can talk Maine and College Hockey in general and all you hear is the dissatisfaction in TW...and the direction the program has and is heading...not alot of positive talk (there is some but over shadowed by Maine's drop-off in the last 4-5 yrs). As far as the Prozac....uh....NO Thanks..!!

Comment

Just noticed that Maine hasn't won at the Whittemore Center since 2/4/05 or at Conte since 10/28/05.

Where's Big Papa to tell us everything will be okay?

Edit: Wow, we've won a single game at Agganis too??? Guess I didn't realize we sucked that much...
                        Last edited by tylerzx2002; 10-31-2011, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Press Herald getting rid of UMaine beat writer: http://www.pressherald.com/blogs/lenzi/132865528.html

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
                            Don't forget he also scored a goal. Nemec and O'Neill both made huge mistakes on Friday but both played on Saturday, com'n Timmy cut the guy some slack.
                            I kinda wonder why everybody jumps on Diamond for penalties (good or stupid) when there is someone else who has just about as many really stupid penalties this season... AND who has not drawn all the penalties that Joey has.

if you think about it, youw ill know who I am referring to, I hope.

and when was the last time that Timmy sewed a letter on the front of a bench warmer's jersey?
                            who does that?

(Duffy sat and wore an A, and Mush got canned and wore a C)

Comment

On a happy note, the number one star of the game between the ECHL's SC stingrays and the Elmira Jackals, in his first game as a stingray and scoring 2 goals, including the game winner:
                              Billy Ryan... and the third star with a goal and an assist:
                              DeKastrozza

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
                                Press Herald getting rid of UMaine beat writer: http://www.pressherald.com/blogs/lenzi/132865528.html
                                Thats too bad. She's good. Very good in fact
                                sure why not

Comment

Working...
                                X