X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: U Maine 2011-2012 Season (thread created when Maine was at .500) Thread

Originally posted by umainesuperfan View Post
    MaineHockey I really really disagree with you. I said as soon as the goal was "scored" that it would be called off. It was pretty clear to me that Diamond lost his edge way before he was contacted and that he was going to be in the crease regardless of the contact. .
    why do you say that the "goal" should have been called off?
    I have JUST read the recent NCAA rule, and diamond was pushed in, and diamond fought not to be pushed.... it silly idea that he did not fight hard enough is not part of the rules

"If a player of the attacking team has been physically interfered with by the action of any defending player so as to cause the player to be in the goal crease, and the puck enters the net while the player so interfered with is still within the goal crease, the goal shall be allowed."

does this mean that "if, in the opinion of Scott Hansen, a Maine players was interfered with, but no so much as to warrant a minor penalty"???

or does it mean "if a player is interfered with... but, because Jeff Bunyon is given such wide latitude that he can disragard any of these silly suggestions, we make everyone else consider NCAA RULES..."???

diamond had two skates on the ice, he was putting on the breaks, and snow was flying... when contact was made, he lost his balance and instead of 2 skates on the ice, he had only one.... nobody can tell me that a player with only one skate on the ice, going from full speed to stopping while being pushed is trying to run a goalie.

as someone else said it, Buyon blew this call, just like he blew the Lowell goal at the garden against BU.

if any of you remember the Lucas Lawson goal against UNH, this was sort of the same scenario... Lawson was being pushed, had only one skate on the ice and Nault's centering pass deflected off lawson's skate... it is impossible to control one's skates and momentum when off balance, on one skate and being pushed by a D man.

(incdentally, Maine's D ought to take note... IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO control one's self when being pushed by a D man)
    Last edited by KnowItAll; 10-29-2011, 01:33 PM.

Comment

I wish I knew where to look up shorthanded goals allowed by team....Maine's got to be bottom in the country the last five years or so.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
      43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
      104-47-14 (.669) in that time
      3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
        I wish I knew where to look up shorthanded goals allowed by team....Maine's got to be bottom in the country the last five years or so.
        The last 4-5 years they have allowed anywhere's from 8 to 14 in a season and they are one of the worst teams in that department...and it happens over and over.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
          The last 4-5 years they have allowed anywhere's from 8 to 14 in a season and they are one of the worst teams in that department...and it happens over and over.
          Already have allowed 3 shorties. 3 times more than any other HE team

Special Teams Net PPF SHA PP PPA SHF SH NET
          1 Merrimack 8 0 +8 2 1 -1 +7
          2 Boston College 6 1 +5 3 0 -3 +2
          UMass Lowell 4 0 +4 2 0 -2 +2
          4 Boston University 3 0 +3 5 3 -2 +1
          5 Providence 3 0 +3 5 2 -3 0
          6 New Hampshire 4 0 +4 6 1 -5 -1
          Northeastern 2 0 +2 4 1 -3 -1
          8 Maine 5 3 +2 4 0 -4 -2
          Massachusetts 5 1 +4 6 0 -6 -2
          Vermont 3 0 +3 5 0 -5 -2

Comment

Alright maine. Way to sieze a win from the jaws of failure. Maybe this team has nads. What do you think?
            Last edited by all bear; 10-29-2011, 02:16 PM.
            sure why not

Comment

Sure, they squeaked it out in the end, but I didn't see to much from the defensemen in their own zone to the goaltending to be too optimistic about this team over the long haul. And people on this board were saying Ouellette handled the puck well? Must have been someone else wearing his number last night.

I thought Higgins looked good. Good enough that I'd almost like to see him on the top line, with Flynn and Diamond. And Mangene's work on Joey's first goal is why I think he shouild be playing forward, and not D. He's just a scrapper, and never gives up on the puck. Have him center a second line with Abbott and Beattie, maybe get the scoring spread around a bit. Freshman line looked good.
              Last edited by rufus; 10-29-2011, 03:05 PM.
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshot08 View Post
                Already have allowed 3 shorties. 3 times more than any other HE team

Special Teams Net PPF SHA PP PPA SHF SH NET
                1 Merrimack 8 0 +8 2 1 -1 +7
                2 Boston College 6 1 +5 3 0 -3 +2
                UMass Lowell 4 0 +4 2 0 -2 +2
                4 Boston University 3 0 +3 5 3 -2 +1
                5 Providence 3 0 +3 5 2 -3 0
                6 New Hampshire 4 0 +4 6 1 -5 -1
                Northeastern 2 0 +2 4 1 -3 -1
                8 Maine 5 3 +2 4 0 -4 -2
                Massachusetts 5 1 +4 6 0 -6 -2
                Vermont 3 0 +3 5 0 -5 -2
                yeah but come on... do the math... they are EVEN with Merrimack, the number 1 team... IF you add up Maine's PP goals AND SHA, you get 8... JUST like Merrimack.

AND if NYquist didn't leave early...

as for the D... it is pretty amazing how PC scored most of their goals last night, even the TV commentators were saying that Maine was just standing around and PC players were doing what they wanted, unchecked.

Good thing Timmy is having O'Connor sit, ---wouldn't want a D man hitting anyone out there

Comment

MORE AMESTOY! Attaboy, Amestoy.

My mom used to buy me sneakers from Ames. Which used to be Zayers, or was it Zellars, and Rich's. The soles would fall apart after a few weeks and we'd use duct or electrical tape to hold 'em together. I always think about those shoes when I hear 'Amestoy' Probably not fair to the guy. Oh well.

MORE AMESTOY! You're better than a pair of Ames sneakers. But I'd bet that you'd still play hard even if you're all taped up.

Comment

Apparently Cornell hit too many people or maybe he scored too much friday night, welcome to Timmays doghouse.

For whatever reason I want Marty to be #1 goalie but clearly he isn't, Sully was the man tonight, hung out to dry on a consistent basis, he kept Maine in the game. Good thing PC's PP sucks. Shemansky played a good game but I still don't like how easy he gets blown off the puck.
                    Hansen called nearly every penalty on Maine, I think Bunyon finally got one in the 3rd
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      Apparently Cornell hit too many people or maybe he scored too much friday night, welcome to Timmays doghouse.

For whatever reason I want Marty to be #1 goalie but clearly he isn't, Sully was the man tonight, hung out to dry on a consistent basis, he kept Maine in the game. Good thing PC's PP sucks. Shemansky played a good game but I still don't like how easy he gets blown off the puck.
                      Hansen called nearly every penalty on Maine, I think Bunyon finally got one in the 3rd
                      Late in the game, Leaman calls a timeout in order to draw up a plan for scoring on the PP. Didn't work out well for the Friars. Probably their worst PP for the game. Nick Pryor left the ice with a shoulder injury and did not return. This guy has had more than his share of bad luck. He played very well tonight. Maine also needs to work on their PP as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                        Nick Pryor left the ice with a shoulder injury and did not return. This guy has had more than his share of bad luck. He played very well tonight.
                        yeah, no luck at all... caught an edge and went into the boards hard... i'm guessing he either broke his collarbone or separated his shoulder...

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                          yeah, no luck at all... caught an edge and went into the boards hard... i'm guessing he either broke his collarbone or separated his shoulder...
                          Pretty sure Pryor did return after that actually...

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                            yeah, no luck at all... ught an edge and went into the boards hard... i'm guessing he either broke his collarbone or separated his shoulder...
                            Pryor was back on the ice in the 3rd period

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post

You just got to wonder,WHY...on sitting Cornell...it seems each and every time he makes a few good hits or takes a penalty you can bet he's in the stands...another irking by TW,he's got to go. Hansen/Bunyon should be suspended for a few weekends after this weekends series,awful...I mean AGAIN come on by calling a penalty on Diamond for diving/embellishment...that was the worst...tapes of that call should be sent to Hockey East Office....that was B.S. all the way.

Comment

Yeah, thats what I'm talking about Another 4 point weekend !!
                                sure why not

Comment

Working...
                                X