X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: U Maine 2011-2012 Season (thread created when Maine was at .500) Thread

Originally posted by tylerzx2002 View Post
    Neither one has had a dominant performance yet but it looks like Ouellette has taken a bigger step forward from last season than Sullivan. The consistent rotation probably has more to do with it since Sirman is gone.

With PC playing better Maine will have to be on top of it's game this weekend. Can't miss out on what usually is a "gimme" 4-pt weekend.
    Makes sense to go with a rotation...and as for Providence,Maine better be ready as the Friars will try to get the crowd out of the game and look for them to fore-check hard and play a high energy in your face hockey which will give Maine no room to move the puck...with a New Coach and Attitude this bunch will be on Maine's tail from start to finish. May not finish in the top 4 or 5 of Hockey East,but they will be in every game and make it hard for any team game in and game out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
      Makes sense to go with a rotation...and as for Providence,Maine better be ready as the Friars will try to get the crowd out of the game and look for them to fore-check hard and play a high energy in your face hockey which will give Maine no room to move the puck...with a New Coach and Attitude this bunch will be on Maine's tail from start to finish. May not finish in the top 4 or 5 of Hockey East,but they will be in every game and make it hard for any team game in and game out.
      haha we'll be lucky to break 4,000. I think your right though, this wont be an easy weekend and maine could use 4 points in league play.
      Curse of the Timmy

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
        and as for Providence,Maine players better be ready as the Friars will try to help Timmy get the crowd out of the game .
        fyp

Comment

IF Maine is forced to leave the CAA due to travel costs they won't join some New England league and they certainly won't join the Patriot League. They would wind up charter members of a new league with UNH, something that looks like America East football and raids the presennt NEC.

Thank God UNH wants nothing to do with this, and I believe Abbott has shown the business savvy to be able to get some of the CAAs TV $$ to defray some costs. If Maine can continue to win, they'll be an asset to the CAA that it doesnt want to let go

I see UNH and Maine being married in a football sense and again thank god UJH seems hell bent on stayng

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
          43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
          104-47-14 (.669) in that time
          3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
            I realize that polls mean little at this point in the season, but some genius is showing exactly why when he or she continues to vote for Yale at number 1 right after Yale lost to the little sister's of the holy JV team.
            Holy Cross remains out of the rankings after beating #10 Yale and #13 Boston U.

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
              Holy Cross remains out of the rankings after beating #10 Yale and #13 Boston U.
              When did Holy Cross beat #10 Yale? According to College Hockey Stats, HC is 2-1-0 with wins over AIC and BU and a loss to Quinnipiac.

Comment

• Go black bears !!!
                Last edited by all bear; 10-26-2011, 06:34 PM.
                sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
                  Go black bears !!!
                  Welcome aboard.

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
                    When did Holy Cross beat #10 Yale? According to College Hockey Stats, HC is 2-1-0 with wins over AIC and BU and a loss to Quinnipiac.
                    year after year yale is ranked in the top 20 poll and it seems like they dont play until january

Comment

Originally posted by TopShelf999 View Post
                      year after year yale is ranked in the top 20 poll and it seems like they dont play until january
                      Thats the case for a good portion of ECAC teams,they begin play sometimes two weeks after the polls begin...they should go with if your not playing yet you get no points/votes in the Polls till you have legit games under their belts. Either way Polls are over rated to some point at the beginning...more or less you need a good 10 games per team before you see any sense of what a team has or will have,and that goes right to the end of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                        Welcome aboard.
                        Thanks! Looking forward to another great season!!
                        sure why not

Comment

The rest of Hockey East is getting recruit commitments left and right recently.......how's that recruiting going, TIMMAY?!?!?

Comment

So the North Dakota series taught the team how much harder they have to work according to a tv news spot. Anyone else sick of hearing this, seems to be a theme of every team for years. Wonder if that hard work will show up this weekend or once again its all talk
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                              And now they are talking about spending $15 million on a basketball venue that will max out at 2-3K.......LOL.
                              Maine is always going to be a small time school in basketball. Is 2-3K that unrealistic? UVM has a BBall capacity of around 3K I think, but aren't they talking about a new combined hockey/bball arena that would seat of 6K for hockey and around 7K for BB? IF capacity ever became a problem they could always move games back to the Alfond.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                                So the North Dakota series taught the team how much harder they have to work according to a tv news spot. Anyone else sick of hearing this, seems to be a theme of every team for years. Wonder if that hard work will show up this weekend or once again its all talk
                                That's why I hardly ever post anymore. This team/coach is the definition of insanity. Doing/saying the same things over and over and expecting a different result. Yes Wally I am VERY sick of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X