Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Top 25 College Hockey Teams of the NCAA Era

Originally posted by Badger Abroad View Post
    Don't figure I have much of any chance to win, but submitted an entry anyways because I enjoy your work and hope that enough people participate so that someone has the chance to win the jersey.
    Thanks for playing!

We're now up to 8 entries, so hopefully the momentum continues through Saturday.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

There is another entry - vizzy and sg don't stand a chance!
      Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Can someone post a list of all the placings so far? Please feed my laziness!
        Still anticipating the all-CCHA Frozen Four

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
          There is another entry - vizzy and sg don't stand a chance!

We're now at 9 entries. 11 more are required for the contest to run, so hopefully we get a few more by Sunday morning at 8 (eastern).
          North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine View Post
            Can someone post a list of all the placings so far? Please feed my laziness!
            http://collegehockeyweekly.com/Greatest-Teams.html

All the teams ranked so far are listed there. Also, the link to the contest form is on that page as well for anyone still considering trying to win a jersey.
            North Dakota

Comment

Pretty safe to slot in three or four spots in the top 10 for the Miami of Ohio dynasty.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                http://collegehockeyweekly.com/Greatest-Teams.html

All the teams ranked so far are listed there. Also, the link to the contest form is on that page as well for anyone still considering trying to win a jersey.
                Thanks!
                Still anticipating the all-CCHA Frozen Four

Comment

I've submitted my entry. Thanks FS23.
                  Originally posted by vizoroo
                  Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
                  Originally posted by duper
                  I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
                  Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
                  Originally posted by dggoddard
                  Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Trying to stir up a little more interest. BTW i prefer the away jersey.

hope you don't mind
                    Dang! You really went after it!
                    Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
                    I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
                    Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
                    Originally posted by dggoddard
                    Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

I'd like to participate in the "guess the top ten" contest except I'm not sure where to look for data other than p 17 of the NCAA record book (best winning percentages) and Wikipedia. My searches so far have not provided much more information than what i've found there.

I have found five teams that seem very likely to be in the list, which means I still need to find five more (and then rank them somehow)....
                      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                        I'd like to participate in the "guess the top ten" contest except I'm not sure where to look for data other than p 17 of the NCAA record book (best winning percentages) and Wikipedia. My searches so far have not provided much more information than what i've found there.

I have found five teams that seem very likely to be in the list, which means I still need to find five more (and then rank them somehow)....
                        Try http://www.augenblick.org/chha/
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          This would have been incredibly useful when I did my entry a day ago. Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            Thanks! I also found a site that listed the NCAA Tournament winners with their season records, and between that site and this link I was able to see which of the teams with the highest winning percentage also won their regular-season conference championship and their conference tournament. I was not motivated enough to further cross-reference that list against hobey baker winners, etc.

I feel that I have a halfway decent shot at picking 4 of the top 5 but in what order, who knows?

Maybe after Jan 1 2012 FS23 can at least tell us how many different schools are on his top ten list? I think having 9 different schools may be too many, we'll see.....
                            "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Well, we now have 12 entries. There is approximately 58 hours left to fill out a form and try to win a jersey.

For those interested (we need 20 or more to actually have a contest), here is the link...

http://collegehockeyweekly.com/Predict_the_top_10.html
                              North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                                Well, we now have 12 entries. There is approximately 58 hours left to fill out a form and try to win a jersey.

For those interested (we need 20 or more to actually have a contest), here is the link...

http://collegehockeyweekly.com/Predict_the_top_10.html
                                Is there any way we can review our picks? I don't want to change anything, I just forgot to note down the final order I put my 10 teams in.

Comment

Working...
                                X