#13 is posted

Here is the direct link...

http://www.collegehockeyweekly.com/Greatest-Teams.html
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Re: The Top 25 College Hockey Teams of the NCAA Era

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
      I thought this DU team was much better than the previous year's team. They won every game they should have won, and always found a way to win the close ones in the last minutes or OT.
      Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
        I thought this DU team was much better than the previous year's team. They won every game they should have won, and always found a way to win the close ones in the last minutes or OT.
        They were definitely a more complete team than the '04 squad. What I always found interesting was how the '04 Pios mirrored the '05 Sioux, and the '04 Sioux mirrored the '05 Pios. The (extremely big) difference though was the '05 Pios were able to stop a very hot team, while the '04 Sioux were unable to.
        North Dakota

Comment

They were definitely a more complete team than the '04 squad. What I always found interesting was how the '04 Pios mirrored the '05 Sioux, and the '04 Sioux mirrored the '05 Pios. The (extremely big) difference though was the '05 Pios were able to stop a very hot team, while the '04 Sioux were unable to.
          Yes, kind of like last April.
          Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

The '04 Pios shocked everyone. Key player breaks his leg then didn't make the Final Five. But when NCAA time came around, broken leg heals, got past the sioux, came back on Duluth, and somehow withstood Maine's 6 on 3 in the Frozen Four Final!
            What a ride!
            GO DU !!!

Comment

#12 Has been released...

Here is the link...

http://www.collegehockeyweekly.com/Greatest-Teams.html
              North Dakota

Comment

Hmmm. The Cornell 1967 champion team was not quite as good as the 1969 team. You could have fooled me considering the games vs. RPI.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  Hmmm. The Cornell 1967 champion team was not quite as good as the 1969 team. You could have fooled me considering the games vs. RPI.
                  It's just how the formula played out. The 1969 team was more dominant than the 1967 team according to the numbers. Had the '69 Cornell squad defeated Denver in the final they would have been in the top 10, and likely the top 5. They won a lot of games by lopsided scores.
                  North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                    The '04 Pios shocked everyone. Key player breaks his leg then didn't make the Final Five. But when NCAA time came around, broken leg heals, got past the sioux, came back on Duluth, and somehow withstood Maine's 6 on 3 in the Frozen Four Final!
                    What a ride!
                    And don't forget the most ticky-tack foot in the crease call in the history of sports!

Comment

It's just how the formula played out. The 1969 team was more dominant than the 1967 team according to the numbers. Had the '69 Cornell squad defeated Denver in the final they would have been in the top 10, and likely the top 5. They won a lot of games by lopsided scores.
                      I understand. Also the RPI 1969 team was a lot better than the RPI 1967 team which was essentially a one-line team dominated by first-year players.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
                        And don't forget the most ticky-tack foot in the crease call in the history of sports!
                        If only they actually called that at a certain other game...

Comment

Alright, a few updates here...

#11 will be released later today. Also, College Hockey Weekly is going to have a contest for predicting the Top 10. There will be a link to a form that people will fill out with their guesses on the Greatest Teams page (I will post the link here as well). There will be prizes of some sort, but not sure at the present time what they will be. I suggested a jersey of the person's favorite team for the winner, but not sure if that will happen or not. Also, I'm not sure if there will be prizes awarded for other top spots. The top 10 will start being released January 1st, and a new team will be released each Sunday until we get to the top 2, which will be released on the same day. That gives a target date of February 26th for the unveiling of #1 (and #2).

Anyway, thought I would update everyone, and hope everyone is able to enter the contest!
                          North Dakota

Comment

#11 Has been posted.

Here is the direct link...

http://collegehockeyweekly.com/Greatest-Teams.html

Also, The Top 10 Prediction Contest is up and running.

Here is the direct link for that...

http://collegehockeyweekly.com/Predict_the_top_10.html
                            North Dakota

Comment

Alright, a few updates here...

#11 will be released later today. Also, College Hockey Weekly is going to have a contest for predicting the Top 10. There will be a link to a form that people will fill out with their guesses on the Greatest Teams page (I will post the link here as well). There will be prizes of some sort, but not sure at the present time what they will be. I suggested a jersey of the person's favorite team for the winner, but not sure if that will happen or not. Also, I'm not sure if there will be prizes awarded for other top spots. The top 10 will start being released January 1st, and a new team will be released each Sunday until we get to the top 2, which will be released on the same day. That gives a target date of February 26th for the unveiling of #1 (and #2).

Anyway, thought I would update everyone, and hope everyone is able to enter the contest!
                              I know I know the top 2, but after that...
                              GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                                I know I know the top 2, but after that...
                                Denver had had seven championship teams and only two have been named. I guess that you must be having trouble ordering the other five.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X