The rebirth of Providence College Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The rebirth of Providence College Hockey

That 5 minute major on New in the early part of the 3rd period was a joke.

I did not see the end but did the teams and coaches shake hands after the game?

BU seems to have gotten better team chemistry with the loss of those 2 players.

Friars seem to always struggle against teams like BU on the big sheets. Hopefully they can come back with a better start tonight. I doubt the fan turn out will be huge with the bball team also playing unless students decide it is easier to walk to the rink after the snow storm then to trudge down to the Dunk.

I wonder if Parker will get an earlier start down to Providence tonight versus that first game of the year when they got stuck in traffic.

Generally Beaudry comes back strong after throwing up a stinker....let's hope so.

Friars could use a win at home as the majority of the remaining games are going to be on the road after Tuesday's home game against UML.

Comment

Parker has been late a few times over the past 5 years so I imagine he will leave at the same time he always does......if we can't get a win tonite then at least we can play a solid 3 periods BU is a terrific team all 4 lines skate and shoot well

Comment

It figures ... I get to see the game last night because it was on NESN and the performance was what it was. BU turned the tables from the October game. I did see some nice plays on PC's part and they definitely have improved from last year. I hope tonight's contest is a tad closer.

I agree with 73, I thought New's game misconduct was not deserved.

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
          Parker has been late a few times over the past 5 years so I imagine he will leave at the same time he always does......if we can't get a win tonite then at least we can play a solid 3 periods BU is a terrific team all 4 lines skate and shoot well
          I heard they were planning to leave at 2:30 or so. Hope they made it down there. I'm chickening out. The roads look pretty clear up here but I worry about it getting icy out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            I heard they were planning to leave at 2:30 or so. Hope they made it down there. I'm chickening out. The roads look pretty clear up here but I worry about it getting icy out there.
            Terriers arrived about an hour ago. They'll skate the same lines and d-pairings as last night, with Millan in goal.
            The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

PC is taking another step backward tonight. it appears that it's a worse performance than last night. 5-0 and it's only the 2nd period??? Ouch!

That's called catching a beating. Hopefully they can rebound a bit in the third.

Comment

Make that 6-0 now. At least it's the end of the 2nd period.

Let's go Pats!!!

Comment

PC is better than this.......time to regroup and play the way they have been.....write off the weekend and start anew

Comment

This is horrible. The most entertaining thing about this game is the BU student section.
                    Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

That was arough! Wow i didnt expect this. good news though, word has it Schaller may be back Tuesday night against umass lowell. Lets hope he will bring back some leadership with him. This team needs a shot in the arm right now and he can provide it.

Comment

Why is the Friends of Friars room open to the public? One of my BU friends was wondering when it became open to the public....I thought there was a reason behind it
                        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

So did the Friars get picked on by the refs or were the calls mostly legit? 6 goals given up on 8 power plays is pretty ugly and the penalty kill until this weekend had been pretty good.

Schaller is missed on both the power play and penalty kill

As Janney said on NESN Friday, Leaman needs more talent. It will take time. Meanwhile he has done more than what many expected from this group. Hopefully he can get them over this past weekend over one of the hottest teams in the country and back on the winning track on Tuesday. UML will be another tough game and a team that has been just a surprising as the Friars this year.

Comment

The FOF room is open to all due to a licence requirement so it will be open for a long time
                            Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                            Why is the Friends of Friars room open to the public? One of my BU friends was wondering when it became open to the public....I thought there was a reason behind it

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
                              The FOF room is open to all due to a licence requirement so it will be open for a long time
                              I was just wondering what the reason for it to be open to the public....I remember you had to donate money to get in that room a few years ago.
                              Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

After they rebuilt it they tried that and of course the old "lifetime" members were told their lifetime had expired and somehow the city got involved and this is how it ended
                                Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                                I was just wondering what the reason for it to be open to the public....I remember you had to donate money to get in that room a few years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X