The rebirth of Providence College Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The rebirth of Providence College Hockey

If Tim has mono I really hope nobody else has it...
    Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by squidjigger View Post
      I found this pretty funny. Is there another Providence College with a Shneider Arena and amazing fans that I don't know about?

http://www.nesn.com/2012/01/vote-whi...tmosphere.html

"Schneider Arena is home to Providence College. Ever since the Friars downed the University of Pennsylvania in the arena's first game in 1973, the fan base has continued to grow, with students and alumni consistently supporting the team."
      I have to believe the author has never attended a college hockey game - anywhere.

Comment

Friars get the win at Vermont today 5-2 to finally win a HE game after the first of the year.

2 by Army and 2 by Mauerman and Beaudry big in net at the end.

Weekend series with the Terriers up next. Friday's game is on NESN from J. Parker Arena. Saturday's game at Schneider up against the Bball team playing at the Dunk.

Comment

• Just back from chilly Burlington...a solid road win for the Friars. Derek Army and Ross Mauermann each scored twice while Andy Balysky scored the other goal. The Friars killed 8 of 9 Vermont power plays and collected their 8th short-handed goal of the year, which ties Bu for the most in the nation. Mauermann scored the short-handed goal, which was his 3rd of the year, tying him for second most in the nation. Alex Beaudry was sharp in net coming up with 29 saves including several big ones down the stretch.

The win was the Friars first @ Vermont since 12-1-2007 and gives PC their first season sweep of the Catamounts since they joined Hockey East in 2005-06

The Friars are now in 5th place in Hockey East just one point behind Maine. The play a home and home series against red hot BU this weekend.

Comment

Great win and they needed it, now on to BU and at least a split....nice feeling talking about wins in January and Maine has back to backs at BC this weekend so things could change

Comment

BU seems to have not missed the two players that left the program during the break. I would imagine they will be up for the Friars after PC beat them to open the season.

Comment

Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
                BU seems to have not missed the two players that left the program during the break. I would imagine they will be up for the Friars after PC beat them to open the season.
                Will Schaller be back for the series this weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by Bumbles View Post
                  Will Schaller be back for the series this weekend?
                  Schaller is out for around 6 weeks with mono

Comment

These two games should be good, PC could use another signature road win to boost their confidence and give them the feeling they can win anywhere. Glad NESN is carrying friday nights game so we can see them both.

Comment

Are we really playing tomorrow? We need some smack talk.

Friars are a bunch of goons!

The Coffin is a poor excuse for a rink!

HIRE POOLEY!!!
                      Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Originally posted by BU2K View Post
                        Are we really playing tomorrow? We need some smack talk.

Friars are a bunch of goons!

The Coffin is a poor excuse for a rink!

HIRE POOLEY!!!
                        Hey BU2K, all your PC friends have gone away from these boards it seems. Say hi to Shy Terrier.

Comment

Little late for this, but I guess the alumni association is having something before the game tonight.

http://alumni.providence.edu/s/1226/...3021&post_id=0

I love how NESN has been pushing this game alot in the past couple of days, with the "revenge" theme. I'm torn whether to go or just catch the game at a bar.

Comment

Sad start.....hope we don't get too embarrassed, they are the NR 2 team in the country for a reason

Comment

That one hurt! I can only hope tomorrow night will be better. maybe a split for the weekend?

Comment

Congrats to Shane Luke on his first career goal last night.

Comment

Working...
                                X