The rebirth of Providence College Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The rebirth of Providence College Hockey

Hope you all had a great Christmas and got all you deserved and a little more now for a winning New Year

Comment

I see Brown went up to UNH and won pretty handily. This should be a fun game on Sunday and may I say it's about time we get to see some hockey again.

Comment

Checking Browns record they are not pushovers we will have to play good solid hockey for a win.......should be a close game......go Friars

Comment

Brown has gotten a lot out of their Frosh just like PC. They were the difference in that UNH win for them. Should be interesting with PC having not played in 3 weeks while Brown has played a game. Would be nice to start the New Year with a win in the Mayor's Cup game and prevent a Brown sweep (Brown women having beaten the Friar Women earlier in the season).

Comment

The lineups are out for today's game. Tim Schaller is not in today, anyone know if he is hurt or sick, or disciplinary actions are the reason he is out?

Comment

Where do you find lineups??
              Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Bad start for the new year......hope they get better soon

Comment

FYI. http://articles.boston.com/2011-12-3...k-ethic-friars

Comment

Great job by Brown in bringing it to the Friars. PC was up 2-0 then became the Buffalo Bills. The Friars were a step off from the final minutes of the first period until the end of the game.

It could have been due to the long layoff but PC looked flatfooted for most of the game and were certainly out hustled by the Bears. Hopefully they can turn it around quickly. Back to business Thursday vs. UMass!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
                      Where do you find lineups??
                      The lineups are posted game days on the Friars blog, which is on the PC hockey website.

Comment

Originally posted by F O F room fan View Post
                        The lineups are posted game days on the Friars blog, which is on the PC hockey website.
                        Thanks!
                        Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Schaller was out due to injury. I heard he's been playing injured most of the first half. No need to have him in this game versus the HE games coming up.

So now the Friars are playing on Thursday (UMass) and then the following Wednesday against UNH (edited, a fellow fan gave me the wrong date).

Brown scored their first 3 goals off deflections (the 3rd hitting Harvey as he was right in front of the net). Overall I thought Brown outplayed the Friars in the first two periods. Last period Friars just couldn't get a break on a lot of opportunities.
                          Last edited by 73PCFriar; 01-03-2012, 06:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
                            Schaller was out due to injury. I heard he's been playing injured most of the first half. No need to have him in this game versus the HE games coming up.

So now the Friars are playing on Thursday (UMass) and then the following Tuesday (UNH opposite the bball team playing at home against Louisville).

Brown scored their first 3 goals off deflections (the 3rd coming hitting Harvey as he right in front of the net). Overall I thought Brown outplayed the Friars in the first two periods. Last period Friars just couldn't get a break on a lot of opportunities.
                            PC plays UNH on Wed Jan 11th...both umass and unh games were moved so they could play at Fenway next weekend

Comment

• The story is a nice reflection on the season to date and the work Nate has done so far, yesterday's loss notwithstanding. It is nice to see the positive buzz around the PC program once again.

Of note is the 35,000 square foot addition to Schneider planned for the summer. Any word on how those plans are proceeding?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeLogan View Post
                                PC plays UNH on Wed Jan 11th...both umass and unh games were moved so they could play at Fenway next weekend
                                Thanks Mike, I fixed my post. I was surprised when someone at the game said it was Tuesday but didn't have my schedule to look at.

Comment

Working...
                                X