Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The rebirth of Providence College Hockey

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
    Their board has been filling up with insufferable crybaby posts since Saturday night.
    Quotes on MC's board since FRIDAY night:

MCGrad07 "Tough game tonight."
    Ice Warrior "It was a tough game and the team that deserved to win did"
    RENCEB "Agree, they had their chances but couldn't finish"

There were 2 or 3 posts on officiating in HEA in general, but not blaming the loss directly on it.

So I don't know what "insufferable crybaby posts" you're looking at but I think, as a whole, MC fans are taking it quite well. It was an utter beat down of a weekend. Team leadership let the team down, they needed to prove they were the "better men" and not get caught up in frustration and they didn't do that.

I think the VAST majority of posts about the losses this past weekend gave a tremendous amount of credit to PC where it was due and also were highly critical of the way MC played. Not much crybabying about that.
    Before there was a band there was "the drum guy"

@SalvucciM

Comment

Originally posted by Salvo1017 View Post
      Quotes on MC's board since FRIDAY night:

MCGrad07 "Tough game tonight."
      Ice Warrior "It was a tough game and the team that deserved to win did"
      RENCEB "Agree, they had their chances but couldn't finish"

There were 2 or 3 posts on officiating in HEA in general, but not blaming the loss directly on it.

So I don't know what "insufferable crybaby posts" you're looking at but I think, as a whole, MC fans are taking it quite well. It was an utter beat down of a weekend. Team leadership let the team down, they needed to prove they were the "better men" and not get caught up in frustration and they didn't do that.

I think the VAST majority of posts about the losses this past weekend gave a tremendous amount of credit to PC where it was due and also were highly critical of the way MC played. Not much crybabying about that.
      I agree with you...the Merrimack coach is the one that is acting like the crybaby IMO. I don't know what he is talking about with Providence running the goalie all weekend. Cannata was touched once by a PC player on Friday night on a cross check that forced the PC player into him.
      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

All I can say is the Friars played well this weekend and certainly exceeded my expectations! Great job by the entire team! I'd love to see them play as well against a tough BC team to close out the first half of the season.

It's nice to hear from Salvo. I'm sure there has been some ribbing from the Friar his family.

The Friars have done a great job to date and made this season VERY interesting. I had them finishing in 8th in my crazy head before the season started but may have to rethink that. 6th place doesn't seem too far fetched at this point the way the team has performed for Coach Leaman.

Comment

...and we're ranked!
          Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Congrats Coach Leaman and team for getting the Friars Ranked.

Comment

Congrats to Friar nation for an outstanding weekend. You guys earned both those victories. And now you guys are top 20 in the country. Congrats on your new ranking Hopefully MC will bounce back vs UVM on Wednesday and vs #12 Colgate on Saturday. GO PC...BEAT BC!!!
              As everyone knows... there was a crisis, as Justin (MCHOCKEY) went AWOL 4 minutes into the first game... and thankfully he wandered his way to the meet and greet in one piece... listening to Mike (Warrior51) tell this story was *** hilarious...

-Redman after the first night of the HE Tournament(2004).

Comment

• Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
                ...and we're ranked!
                I just saw the polls, it feels good to see them in the top 20. I hope they can get 1 or 2 points tomorrow night to solidify a top 20 ranking for the next few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                  It's nice to hear from Salvo. I'm sure there has been some ribbing from the Friar his family.
                  Oh...you know it. Luckily (or not I suppose haha) it's finals season and I've just been cooped up in the library 24/7..but the texts from my sister sting nonetheless haha.

Enjoy the ranking and good luck against BC this week!
                  Before there was a band there was "the drum guy"

@SalvucciM

Comment

Congrats to the Friars on the weekend sweep and finding themselves in the USCHO top 20 and the INCH Power Rankings top 20. While polls at this point in the season really do not matter, it is rather fun to see our Friars listed among the elite.

I was quite surprised, however, at the lack of attention the sweep was given on the front pages of USCHO, College Hockey News and INCH. PC, Northeastern and Lowell all had remarkable weekends but we mostly heard about the usual programs. It would have been nice to get a little more national attention for knocking of the top team twice. I wonder if that says something about a lack of respect for a remarkable Merrimack team.

Here's hoping the Friars ride the momentum into Chestnut Hill where they have had there share of difficulties over the recent past.

Comment

Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
                      buzz killington
                      Can I steal this????

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        Can I steal this????
                        hahaha go ahead.
                        Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Great to be in the top 20 but with Deluth at Nr 1 its hard to believe Miami is not ranked at all.....surely they belong in the upper echelon of college hockey

Comment

What's everyone's feelings on tonight's game?

Comment

Originally posted by F O F room fan View Post
                              What's everyone's feelings on tonight's game?
                              PC shocks BC 3-2 and I'm there to actually see the Friars play a good game at Conte in recent memory.

Comment

This will be a tester as we are not going to sneak up on anyone anymore......if we stay out of the box 4-2 PC, if we take alot of penalties 5-1 BC

Comment

Working...
                                X