The rebirth of Providence College Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The rebirth of Providence College Hockey

Miami is fast, disciplined and played nearly flawless today. If both Miami and Denver play like they did today, the Redhawks will pound Denver. I think Miami could have beaten anyone today. Gates played much better than Beaudry. Miami goalie is big and moves side to side very smoothly. There was good turnout for both games. Good alumni turnout for all three of the visiting teams. I don't think you guys will have any problem beating PU. Good luck the rest of the way.
    Go Pioneers!

Comment

On the Flip side of that how much experience has gates had in the last 3 years? Not much.
      Providence College
      National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Comment

Wow! I don't know what to make of this team now. This is eerily similar to the start of the last few season's. Win a few games early, beat a couple of teams to think you are turning the corner and then this. I really hope it won't end in collapse like we have seen recently. Let's turn this thing around now!

Comment

Now they come home to Merimack back to back then BC their next win that means something is Jan 15th at Vermont.....its going to be hard keeping the team and the students up for more than a month

Comment

Rough schedule for sure. Looked like your boys ran out of O2 in the third today. Princeton has to walk away feeling okay about their trip out here this weekend. Good luck the rest of the way.
            Go Pioneers!

Comment

• Breakers Defenseman Ori Abramson

Bay State Breakers defenseman Ori Abramson chooses Providence College for the fall or 2012.

Kingston, MA ~ The Bay State Breakers are proud to announce that 6’4, 215lb, right shot defenseman Ori Abramson has committed to play for the Providence College Friars next season.

“Ori has tremendous potential which has placed him on the 2012 NHL Draft “players to watch list.” Ori is a committed player on the ice and in the weight room, as his work ethic is what will make him succesful,” stated Bay State Breakers Head Coach David McCauley.

“I was fortunate enough to have received offers from a few schools but I had been in contact with Coach Leaman for over a year and have been impressed with the success he brought in his previous head coaching job and I know that he will enjoy the same success with Providence and its great hockey history and tradition. I look forward to the opportunity to learn from him and to play in Hockey East,” stated Ori Abramson.

Abramson went on to say, “I have to give a great thank you to Coach David McCauley of Bay State who has been an invaluable source of knowledge and inspiration to me as I try to achieve my hockey goals.”

“We are excited as an organization for Ori to be able to take the next step in his hockey development. A place like Providence College will assist him in making that jump to the professional level,” added McCauley.

Ori is the son of Anita and Lanny Abramson of Toronto, Ont., Canada.

Comment

I think this is what we Friar fans have to look forward to, after a great start I believe we got too high on the kids and stopped thinking that they really are a team of freshmen with a few leftovers from the old days trying to learn a new system.....with the recruiting Coach Leaman has done already and what will come in the future PC will be fighting all season long, the best part is they do not seem to quit no matter what the score is and because of that I am proud to say I am a PC Hockey fan

Comment

• Both Providence College men's hockey games against No. 1 Merrimack on Friday, December 2 and Saturday, December 3 will be televised.

Friday's game at Providence's Schneider Arena will air live on Cox Sports (Rhode Island and parts of Connecticut) at 7:00 p.m. Saturday's game at Merrimack's Lawler Arena will air live on Universal Sports Network (found primarily on Comcast channel 288 and on Verizon Fios channel 466) at 7:00 p.m.

Comment

• Both the Men’s and Women’s Friars Hockey teams are in action this weekend against nationally ranked teams and both are being televised on Cox Sports.

In addition to the telecast, Friday’s PC-Merrimack will stream LIVE on Go.CoxSportsOnline

Comment

Friday is coming fast and i am worried about this game.Reason being is if they don't win this one, they have to travel to MC and BC before the break. Thats the #1 and #2 teams in the country, and that's a tough task for this team. If by some chance they can win Friday night, maybe it'll give them enough confidence to win one on the road at either MC or BC. Go friars!

Comment

Originally posted by F O F room fan View Post
                        Friday is coming fast and i am worried about this game.Reason being is if they don't win this one, they have to travel to MC and BC before the break. Thats the #1 and #2 teams in the country, and that's a tough task for this team. If by some chance they can win Friday night, maybe it'll give them enough confidence to win one on the road at either MC or BC. Go friars!
                        Anything better than 3 losses but sustained intensity and effort will be a bonus over the next three games. I think that we all knew that the Friars were going to have a challenging season. They've played with hustle and the effort has been there with a few hiccups here and there. The team have been exciting to watch to date and seems to be generating interest again.
                        I'd love a split this weekend or for them to win two of the next three but realistically they are still a ways from that. Maybe they will surprise us? I'll take effort and intensity over the next three games and be happy. Anything after that would be great! Roll Friars!

Comment

Heading down to PC for the Friday game against 'Mack. I know there are tons of excellent places to eat in Providence (esp. Federal Hill). Is there someplace close by the campus to grab a decent bite to eat before the game? Something between the level of Haven Bros (wasn't that the hot dog truck?) and Al Forno.

ps Happy birthday PC91
                          Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
                            Heading down to PC for the Friday game against 'Mack. I know there are tons of excellent places to eat in Providence (esp. Federal Hill). Is there someplace close by the campus to grab a decent bite to eat before the game? Something between the level of Haven Bros (wasn't that the hot dog truck?) and Al Forno.

ps Happy birthday PC91
                            I highly recommend the Icehouse grill on Mineral Spring Ave...good pub food.
                            Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
                              ps Happy birthday PC91
                              Thank you very much! You're kind to mention it. It seems that I'm one year older and about three years dumber.

Good luck to your Warriors this weekend. I think that it will be a good weekend of hockey if the Friars respond like I think they will. The two teams traditionally play each other tough no matter how the other team's season is going so I'm hopeful that PC can bring their "A" game against a very good Merrimack squad.
                              Your program has arrived!!! All the best.

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
                                I think this is what we Friar fans have to look forward to, after a great start I believe we got too high on the kids and stopped thinking that they really are a team of freshmen with a few leftovers from the old days trying to learn a new system.....with the recruiting Coach Leaman has done already and what will come in the future PC will be fighting all season long, the best part is they do not seem to quit no matter what the score is and because of that I am proud to say I am a PC Hockey fan
                                Looking forward to a competitive series between PC and MC. Seems these are always tight battles.

Comment

Working...
                                X