B.U. at Providence 10/14/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B.U. at Providence 10/14/11

BU visiting Providence for their season / home opener.

BU looked strong on Sat night vs UNH and I have not heard much yet about Providence.

Hopefully BU does not look past this game with Denver visiting Agganis the following night.

Discuss.

Re: B.U. at Providence 10/14/11

Friday is the first game for PC so nothing to report on how they look.

Best I am hoping for is that the boys play hard. After last year I would not expect much more.
    Last edited by BostonFriar; 10-11-2011, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Hopefully being that it is opening night for the Friars we will get a real solid effort. BU is a talented club so PC wants to keep it close going into the 3rd and see what happens.

Comment

BU Students:

If you want to get a ride to this game email DogPound@bu.edu, we should be able to get a seat in one of our cars for this game, which features possibly the cheapest tickets in all of Hockey East.

Comment

Jon?
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
            Jon?
            Zzzzz...

What? Is is Christmas?

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
            -Blackadder
            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
            -Casablanca
            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

BU is going to lose! There is my flame.

I do hope Scarlet and company will be making the trip! Good luck to both teams. I hope that the players stay safe, knock the stuffing out of one another, scores lots of goals and that PC scores one more goal than BU.

Comment

According to Comcast's NESN listing, this game is going to be in HD.
                I'll believe it when I see it.

Also, this game is part of a BU package, different than the Hockey East package. Also on NESN this semester, a game @UMass and home vs. Vermont.

Comment

PC is trying to sell out the building so there should be a decent crowd plus the students get a wristband for early entry into Midnight Madness tonight.
                  Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Sorry PC91. I'm flying home from Chicago tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                      PC is trying to sell out the building so there should be a decent crowd plus the students get a wristband for early entry into Midnight Madness tonight.
                      I just tested this by attempting to buy tickets. I can get a dozen in one row still...

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                        I just tested this by attempting to buy tickets. I can get a dozen in one row still...
                        That makes me sad...maybe they are in the upper sections!
                        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

[QUOTE=Scarlet;5227807]Sorry PC91. I'm flying home from Chicago tonight. [/QUOTE

I hope that you had a good flight but you were missed.
                          There were a number of Terriers fans as expected and the group of BU fans to my right were very creative and as loud as the whole PC student section.

I hope to see you at one these meetings. All the best to BU going forward!

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                            I hope that you had a good flight but you were missed.
                            There were a number of Terriers fans as expected and the group of BU fans to my right were very creative and as loud as the whole PC student section.

I hope to see you at one these meetings. All the best to BU going forward!
                            Two hour delay there due to storminess and a backed up airport here. Then we pull away and wind up sitting on the tarmac for another 45 minutes. Didn't get home till after midnight. I had TiVo'd the game with the hopes of watching it when I got home. Then the delays and updates from the game started coming in and, well, I walked in the door and deleted it without watching. *sigh* Congrats on the victory!! Good to see my faux little brother (I would say son, but that's just creepy) got his first goal as a freshman. Opa! I hope to actually meet his folks at some point to see if we actually are related somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                              Also, this game is part of a BU package, different than the Hockey East package. Also on NESN this semester, a game @UMass and home vs. Vermont.
                              My thanks to BU for arranging to have the game televised. I wish however, that NESN would label it as the BU hockey broadcast and not a Hockey East telecast. It was certainly broadcast with a BU orientation.

Scarlet, your kid played a solid game for PC.

Comment

Working...
                              X