Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011-12 Part II: We Like to Post!

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Well, I guess that kills that topic.
    I wonder when the last time was that we played every other D-III school playing D-I hockey in such a close proximity (if ever).

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      I wonder when the last time was that we played every other D-III school playing D-I hockey in such a close proximity (if ever).
      Have you been secretly talking to Ralph? I am beginning to worry about some of you guys.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Joe Colborne and Jerry D'Amigo playing on the same line for the Marlies.Former cc player Joey Crabb on the other wing.
        http://www.marlies.ca/news/news.asp?story_id=1878
        GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          Have you been secretly talking to Ralph? I am beginning to worry about some of you guys.
          Given the escalation of my post count, as well as the worries of another poster that some try to emulate, I am becoming the new RFalph.

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12
            It would have had to have been pre-1999 because RIT became D-I in 05 and the closest that RPI played RIT and CC was 05-06 / 08-09 RPI had not played CC
            Obviously we didn't play RIT then, but what about the proximity in 2007-08? We did play CC that year in Tampa.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              It would have had to have been pre-1999 because RIT became D-I in 05 and the closest that RPI played RIT and CC was 05-06 / 07-08. RPI did not play CC between 99-00 and 07-08.
              Last edited by burgie12; 10-27-2011, 11:48 AM.
              Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Sorry. I was trying to type on my phone. Let's see if I can clarify what I was trying to say.

RPI did not play CC between Jan 30, 1954 (when there was no distinction between divisions) and Dec 29, 2007 (Tampa Classic).

So, RPI did not technically play "every other D-III school playing D-I hockey" after divisions were established until Dec 29, 2007. And, at that time, the proximity between the team that they had played least recently (RIT - Dec 10, 2005) and most recently (obviously CC) was more than two years. RPI did not play RIT again until Oct 22, 2010. At that point, the D-III college that RPI had played least recently was Union (Jan 16, 2010), for a difference of just over nine months and 21 games inclusive. When RPI played at Lake Placid last Halloween, that narrowed the gap to Feb 5, 2010 (St. Lawrence) to Oct 30, 2010 for just under nine months and 18 games inclusive. After the games against the North Country pair this January, the gap narrowed to less than three months (Oct 9, 2010 to Jan 8, 2011), but RPI had played 19 games between those dates, inclusive.

That's a really long-winded way of saying that it has only been really recently that RPI has played all of the D-III colleges and playing all five teams in the span of 7 games in less than a month has not happened before (nor have they been even close).
                Last edited by burgie12; 10-27-2011, 12:34 PM.
                Go Red!!

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                  Sorry. I was trying to type on my phone.
                  When you're posting from your phone... yeah.
                  Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                    When you're posting from your phone... yeah.
                    It's not my fault that the dentist took forever to get me from the waiting room to the chair.
                    Go Red!!

Comment

And to answer the question that nobody's asking...

If I had to make a guess, I'd say that Cornell is the team that has played all six D-III schools in the least amount of time / least number of games (at least in the past 10 seasons).
                      Feb 11, 2006 - Oct 28, 2006 (13 games)
                      Go Red!!

Comment

Just want to confirm what the plans are as I think they are. (It's hard to find things from a few days back.) There will be tail gating (or gate tailing) at about 5 PM both days at a lot behind the HFH next to the ECAV. Is that correct. As I said, I don't know my exact plans but I will try my best to be there at least once. BTW, knowing me, if I am there, I will be there early unless I first watch the women's game which won't end until a bit after 5 PM. I am rarely late for anything. I do intend to watch at least one of the women's game.

It looks like the snow forecast has been toned down. Is that what they are also saying locally?
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

BTW, knowing me, if I am there, I will be there early unless I first watch the women's game which won't end until a bit after 5 PM. I am rarely late for anything.
                          Stop giving me more reason to believe that I am going to end up RFalph Jr. on here.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            Stop giving me more reason to believe that I am going to end up RFalph Jr. on here.
                            Rest assured that I would never have run around the HFH carrying the flag, or at least I would never have done so a second time after impaling myself the first time.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Rest assured that I would never have run around the HFH carrying the flag, or at least I would never have done so a second time after impaling myself the first time.
                              I have never run around the HFH carrying the flag.

Comment

Just want to confirm what the plans are as I think they are. (It's hard to find things from a few days back.) There will be tail gating (or gate tailing) at about 5 PM both days at a lot behind the HFH next to the ECAV. Is that correct. As I said, I don't know my exact plans but I will try my best to be there at least once. BTW, knowing me, if I am there, I will be there early unless I first watch the women's game which won't end until a bit after 5 PM. I am rarely late for anything. I do intend to watch at least one of the women's game.

It looks like the snow forecast has been toned down. Is that what they are also saying locally?
                                This sounds roughly like the plan although I think some may start the tailgating a little earlier. I will be at both women's games tweeting for WaP so the prime tailgating opportunity for me would be that roughly 5-6:15pm window. Not too much has been planned regarding food or drink, but I could bring either depending on who's planning on bringing what (but do not have a grill to do any cooking with).

The forecast as of right now is calling for 1-3 or 2-4 inches of snow in the hill towns (they think, but are not sure) with mostly rain/snow mix and maybe some slush in the lower elevations. This is mostly this evening/tonight, tomorrow and Saturday are supposed to be nice (but cold).
                                APBWiki

Comment

Working...
                                X