Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011-12 Part II: We Like to Post!

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    My memory is not that good any more-the article states SA won 29 games for the Bulldogs in 1992-1996. I just do not think that number is correct. I did not think he played much until his junior or senior season and the team was not all that effective for those 4 years. I could be wrong but 29 games won seems like a bit high.
    All-time letterwinners (pdf)

Appert 28GP - 1097min - 85GA - 4.65GAA - 482S - 0.850Sv%
    Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
      All-time letterwinners (pdf)

Appert 28GP - 1097min - 85GA - 4.65GAA - 482S - 0.850Sv%
      Thanks B-12: That fits more with what my old brain recalls. I just did not think SA won 29 games in goal for Ferris in the 90's.The only time I did see Ferris State play was during the 1985-86 Holiday Tornament in Troy and they certainly played well then.

edit-just found this-Appert was a four-year letterwinner (1992-96) at Ferris State as a goaltender. He compiled a 5-11-2 mark in net with a 4.65 goals-against average and an .850 saves percentage (482 total saves) in 28 career appearancs.
      Last edited by DrDemento; 10-14-2011, 07:55 AM.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DavidSec17 View Post
        Better watch the tailgating, it is a "smoke free"campus you know.
        If you can believe it, I never once in my life indulged in the 'high test' version of that concoction. Can't say I won't, though, if it's ever legalized (I'm too much of a Law and Order type of gal). I have, continue to and will, however, consume my share (and the leftovers) of homemade and store bought spirits.

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
          If you can believe it, I never once in my life indulged in the 'high test' version of that concoction. Can't say I won't, though, if it's ever legalized (I'm too much of a Law and Order type of gal). I have, continue to and will, however, consume my share (and the leftovers) of homemade and store bought spirits.
          As long as Van Gogh makes flavored Vodka, Jenny is onboard with you. For me, Chopin, Belvedere, and especially Ultimat (Cherry or plain) and I'm a very happy boy.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DavidSec17 View Post
            Better watch the tailgating, it is a "smoke free"campus you know.
            Some people use brownies to go smoke free, I prefer chocolate chip cookies myself however. Easier to keep track to make sure the wrong ones don't go to the wrong people by accident.
            "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

It looks like InCH has delayed their recruit rankings http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/INCH.htm. I am sure that RC doesn't care.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I see that FS23 has started his "25 Greatest Teams of All-Time" again. Any guesses as to where the 1985 NCAA champions will land on his list?

I'd say top 15 and not top 5; we'll see....I have a sense that a team coached by a former RPI coach may land the top spot...at least that team did not play clutch and grab.
                "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  It looks like InCH has delayed their recruit rankings http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/INCH.htm. I am sure that RC doesn't care.
                  Where do you see the recruiting rankings?

Comment

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
                    Where do you see the recruiting rankings?
                    Earilier this week there was a one-line note on that page stating that they were coming out this week. That note has disappeared.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      Who was bring funny and added a tag called "clarkson still stucks" instead of "clarkson still sucks!"?
                      Oops :embarrassed:

This weekend's going to be a good test. It's always difficult to play on the road. Even more so when the ceiling's so low and the fans are packed in nice and tight to the boards. Come out strong, put a couple in the net early, and it'll be a different story. Let's Go Red!
                      Go Red!!

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                        Oops :embarrassed:

This weekend's going to be a good test. It's always difficult to play on the road. Even more so when the ceiling's so low and the fans are packed in nice and tight to the boards. Come out strong, put a couple in the net early, and it'll be a different story. Let's Go Red!
                        At least it's NHL ice.

BTW, it's colon+o for the embarrassed emoticon.

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                          I see that FS23 has started his "25 Greatest Teams of All-Time" again. Any guesses as to where the 1985 NCAA champions will land on his list?

I'd say top 15 and not top 5; we'll see....I have a sense that a team coached by a former RPI coach may land the top spot...at least that team did not play clutch and grab.
                          Seeing that that RPI team still holds over 90% of all NCAA records, it better be top 5

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            Earilier this week there was a one-line note on that page stating that they were coming out this week. That note has disappeared.
                            Whoops - I misread "delayed" as "released". My bad.

Comment

A new USCHO ECAC blog writer, another guy who picks against us. He predicts a sweep by FS. Oh well, let him sleep on us for now...

On the plus side, he seems to be a bit more up on the posting thing - his picks were up sufficiently *before* this weekend's games start.
                              Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                BTW, it's colon+o for the embarrassed emoticon.
                                Meh. I kinda meant it as an /me, but thanks.

Has anyone else noticed that the old layout for the quick reply (with the smily icons / code / url / img tags and the ability to stretch the reply box [which was really nice for long posts such as the bye / home-ice and PtC threads]) has disappeared? Also, I used to be able to tab between the textbox with the reply, the signature checkbox, and the reply button. That also seems to have gone by the wayside. That and when word wrap gets applied to a line, it doesn't keep words together, it just cuts it off at the character limit to the line.

Is anyone else having these "difficulties" (*insert first-world problems joke here*) or is it just me? Chrome 14.0.835.202, btw.
                                Go Red!!

Comment

Working...
                                X