Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011-12 Part II: We Like to Post!

Please stop referring to and engaging in meaningful conversation with this buffoon. Unlike MAV, who does what he does because he thinks he can get a rise out of people (and, honestly, how sad is it that he has to stoop to ripping on RPI fans to get his jollies... such a fall from grace), this half-wit actually believes his own words.

As evidenced by his obsession with A) certain posters here, B) a player on our team, C) "proving" an obvious falsehood, and D) all of his supposed praise that he gets on his unseen rep (and yet, somehow, remains very much in the red), this poor, pathetic excuse for a human being clearly not only craves attention, but also has to be "right" in every discussion, even when he's the only one spouting his bull****.

While he probably should have been suffocated for real a long time ago, please do your part to suffocate him on the board by depriving him of the oxygen he needs: attention and rebuttal. Then all he'll be left with is the squalor of his pitiful, meaningless existence.

Thank you. This has been a Red Cloud public service announcement.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
      Please stop referring to and engaging in meaningful conversation with this buffoon. Unlike MAV, who does what he does because he thinks he can get a rise out of people (and, honestly, how sad is it that he has to stoop to ripping on RPI fans to get his jollies... such a fall from grace), this half-wit actually believes his own words.

As evidenced by his obsession with A) certain posters here, B) a player on our team, C) "proving" an obvious falsehood, and D) all of his supposed praise that he gets on his unseen rep (and yet, somehow, remains very much in the red), this poor, pathetic excuse for a human being clearly not only craves attention, but also has to be "right" in every discussion, even when he's the only one spouting his bull****.

While he probably should have been suffocated for real a long time ago, please do your part to suffocate him on the board by depriving him of the oxygen he needs: attention and rebuttal. Then all he'll be left with is the squalor of his pitiful, meaningless existence.

Thank you. This has been a Red Cloud public service announcement.
      Yup, I was wrong about, "more points to be added", "will be in an NHL development camp", "will be drafted this year"

Yup, I was wrong

Comment

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
        Given Appert's vague quote as to the duration of the injuries, I'm worried they might be head injuries.
        I had a similar thought. Coach SA is very reticent about giving out any information about injuries. Let's hope these are minor and both boys make the trip west.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by abro2007 View Post
          Here is a player profile on a new player coming to RPI next season. He's a beauty for sure!

Leading the Vernon Vipers Junior A with 11 points in 7 games with 6 goals to start the season.

Really nice clip. This kid is going to be another good one in Troy. SA is building quite a little collection for the next few years.

Comment

Pathetic that you would take on Ralph Baer HD. He is an insitituiton to us. No one loves RPI hockey more than Ralph and you should pay him homage. I am officially starting a boycott of Hokydad.

I AspyDad will never respond to another asine comment made by a poster who refers to himself as Hokydad (or any other name he uses such as FriarsFan,etc). I will not take the bait to call him what he is a hurtful and mean person. This boycott is in response to his unfortunate comments directed at Ralph Baer (our spiritual and hockey thread leader). Please feel free to use my format or any of your chossing. I expect FDude to participate.
            "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
              I had a similar thought. Coach SA is very reticent about giving out any information about injuries. Let's hope these are minor and both boys make the trip west.
              Doc: They have, sadly, been officially reported as "out" for this weekend. Can't imagine they'll be travelling.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                *****http://smoothstoneblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/batsignal.png******
                Thanks for bringing up memories of the 2006 Student Government elections. -_- For those who weren't on campus at the time, one of the candidates put a huge bat-signal representation made out of elections flyers on one of the large windows of the CII on the way to the JEC.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                  Coach SA is very reticent about giving out any information about injuries.
                  Sadly, it seems, in this day and age it is necessary to withhold information about injuries, otherwise some of your opponents will use that information to target a player at the point of injury.

While I would hope that this practice would be limited to professional sports (actually I find it despicable period...but what can you do?), there is now so much at stake in college sports as well that I fear it is spreading here as well.
                  "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                    Sadly, it seems, in this day and age it is necessary to withhold information about injuries, otherwise some of your opponents will use that information to target a player at the point of injury.

While I would hope that this practice would be limited to professional sports (actually I find it despicable period...but what can you do?), there is now so much at stake in college sports as well that I fear it is spreading here as well.
                    I don't believe it's limited to pro sports. There are plenty of programs that will use what has been reported to their advantage. I know of one to the south and slightly west of me that does this, and is likely a reason why we have difficulty when playing them: They are prepared to expose any weaknesses they see in us.

Not only should the staff withhold information, but perhaps us, as well. Some political cartoons from the WWII era showed Hitler on a train behind some yapping Americans, with the caption saying, "You never know who's listening." I realize that it's very big-brother-esque, but the same applies here.

Comment

Doc: They have, sadly, been officially reported as "out" for this weekend. Can't imagine they'll be travelling.
                      Agreed. It was reported earlier by lugnut that Higgs had a couple of fingers in a splint. That doesn't sound like a concussion.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        RPI 2011-12 Part III: The Battle of the Dads: Aspy vs. Hoky
                        Please don't! It's bad enough now.
                        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          Agreed. It was reported earlier by lugnut that Higgs had a couple of fingers in a splint. That doesn't sound like a concussion.
                          Ed Weaver has slightly more info and a quote from SA:
                          http://recordhockey.blogspot.com/201...ist-grows.html
                          RPI Class of 2012
                          Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

Originally posted by RHamilton View Post
                            Ed Weaver has slightly more info and a quote from SA:
                            http://recordhockey.blogspot.com/201...ist-grows.html
                            O'Grady's injury, being undisclosed, could be fairly serious.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Will the team be coming back after the 2 games at Ferris or do they stay away to remain for ND 6 days later? I had figured they were out for the first weekend but wasn't sure whether they would be able to join the team for the game at ND. These are going to be 3 tough road games for sure and to be short handed makes it that much more difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                O'Grady's injury, being undisclosed, could be fairly serious.
                                Never like to have to think that but let's hope undisclosed simply means 'we are not talking' and not that it is of any severity. Higgs sounds like he could play which would be nice. I get concerned when I hear back injury or head injury-those just seem to be the ones that the severity level is just not known for some time. The next 2 weeks will certainly test the depth we have up front. Carrying only 7 defensemen I would think if we have to have a few guys sit out, it is better that they are forwards.

Comment

Working...
                                X