Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011-12 Part II: We Like to Post!

Originally posted by hockeymascot View Post
    Not necessarily. Coach Appert has stated that this team "has the most depth" since he has been at RPI! Looking forward to seeing who steps up.
    We now know the injury list-when will we know if any of the boys listed will be making the road trip? That might give us some idea of how serious these upper body injuries are.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      We now know the injury list-when will we know if any of the boys listed will be making the road trip? That might give us some idea of how serious these upper body injuries are.
      Given Appert's vague quote as to the duration of the injuries, I'm worried they might be head injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        I saw Higgs on campus today; he had a splint on one or two of his fingers, so I imagine his injuries aren't too great unless there was something less obvious. As far as O'Grady goes, we'll just have to wait and see.
        RPI Pep Band
        GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
        🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
        2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
        2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

The Poly's preview: http://***********.com/poly_mhcky_20...view=slideshow

Thanks to lugnut92 for tech support.
          Last edited by REDaero91; 10-12-2011, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by REDaero91 View Post
            The Poly's preview: http://***********.com/poly_mhcky_20...view=slideshow

Thanks to lugnut92 for tech support.
            Thanks for posting it. Too bad that the section is shorter than in the past although the articles are good.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Someone may have posted this, but the only club hockey player that I recall being mentioned is Statton. Also on the club team is Dylan Robichaud of Rensselaer, NY. He's playing forward now but he played D in the past in the CJHL http://pointstreak.com/prostats/play...&seasonid=5782. He has a nice writeup on that page. I suspect that he would rather play regularly on the club team that not dress for the varsity, but he has the size (and hokydad would probably say that he is already better than Curadi). He played for Brockville after his 21st birthday, so he would only have three years of eligibility, but that wouldn't matter.

One thing speaking against him is that he was born on my birthday, January 2. It's a jinxed date as far as RPI is concerned being also the birthday of Jason Fortino and Mauro DiPaolo, neither of whom exactly rewrote the record book. (DiPaolo's skates did become famous. )
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

InCH is keeping me in suspence about their recruit rankings. Their front page states "Coming this week: Recruiting Rankings".

In the past, they have started with forwards, then gone to dmen and goalies and lastly the entire class. Last year Koudys was listed. The year before the entire class plus Pirri and D'Amigo. In 2008 it was Bergin and York plus the class. In 2007 it was Brutlag and Helfrich plus the class. IMO, Besides for not having listed Polacek back in 2007, they have been quite accurate. (They did have Polacek as the third person when listing the class entering in 2007. AAG was the third listed in 2008 and O'Grady in 2009.)

I am probably overly optimistic, but I expect to see a couple of players plus the class listed this year.
                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 10-13-2011, 09:02 AM.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Here is a player profile on a new player coming to RPI next season. He's a beauty for sure!

Leading the Vernon Vipers Junior A with 11 points in 7 games with 6 goals to start the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    Someone may have posted this, but the only club hockey player that I recall being mentioned is Statton. Also on the club team is Dylan Robichaud of Rensselaer, NY. He's playing forward now but he played D in the past in the CJHL http://pointstreak.com/prostats/play...&seasonid=5782. He has a nice writeup on that page. I suspect that he would rather play regularly on the club team that not dress for the varsity, but he has the size (and hokydad would probably say that he is already better than Curadi). He played for Brockville after his 21st birthday, so he would only have three years of eligibility, but that wouldn't matter.

One thing speaking against him is that he was born on my birthday, January 2. It's a jinxed date as far as RPI is concerned being also the birthday of Jason Fortino and Mauro DiPaolo, neither of whom exactly rewrote the record book. (DiPaolo's skates did become famous. )
                    Since you asked Ralph, yes it would be nice to add more depth and have a player who can upgrade the 7th d spot.

Comment

(and hokydad would probably say that he is already better than Curadi)
                      *****http://smoothstoneblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/batsignal.png******
                      Last edited by Red Cloud; 10-13-2011, 09:27 AM.
                      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

InCH is keeping me in suspence about their recruit rankings.
                        INCH keeps me in suspense about as much as any other bowel movement ever could.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                          *****http://smoothstoneblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/batsignal.png******
                          It was a predicted reply by Hokydad.

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                          INCH keeps me in suspense about as much as any other bowel movement ever could.
                          It was a predicted reply by you.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Because you know I'm right. INCH sucks (that was for you, Jasma).

Comment

It was a predicted reply by Hokydad.

Exactly like your backhanded slaps at Kennedy Ralph. Amazing how you feel it is correct and right to put downa 4 year varsity member and graduate of RPI to make another player, who is their 7th D look better. If you don't see the hypocracy in that, whatever. Maybe you can tell us again how he got cut immediatly from his pro team and thus is not a good player. Class move

Comment

It was a predicted reply by [He Who Must Be Ignored].
                                can we please stop responding to He Who Must Be Ignored?
                                Last edited by FreshFish; 10-13-2011, 11:44 AM.
                                "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Working...
                                X