Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DU Battles Boston (BC 10/14 and BU 10/15)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DU Battles Boston (BC 10/14 and BU 10/15)

DU has played 2 exhibition games while BC won the Ice Breaker and BU handled UNH last weekend.
    The Pioneers are in for an early season test.
    GO DU !!!

Re: DU Battles Boston (BC 10/14 and BU 10/15)

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
    DU has played 2 exhibition games while BC won the Ice Breaker and BU handled UNH last weekend.
    The Pioneers are in for an early season test.
    I wish BU got them first then! Going to be an interesting weekend and a good comparison to see where BU and BC are to each other.

Comment

I'm very interested to see how this team does in real competition. We know they can score...the question is...than they keep BU or BC from scoring. I'm very worried about these games.
      Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
      www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Coach Gwozdecky and Co-Captains Dustin Jackson and Drew Shore will be on DU's 1st press conference of the season, scheduled for 1:00 PM (MT)
        The press conference will be streamed live FREE on Pioneer Vision at www.DenverPioneers.com

Does BC and BU also stream pregame pressers?

Did you know these 3 teams account for the majority of National Championships in the last decade?
        Last edited by vizoroo; 10-10-2011, 01:16 PM.
        GO DU !!!

Comment

Coach Gwozdecky and Co-Captains Dustin Jackson and Drew Shore will be on DU's 1st press conference of the season, scheduled for 1:00 PM (MT)
          The press conference will be streamed live FREE on Pioneer Vision at www.DenverPioneers.com

Does BC and BU also stream pregame pressers?

Did you know these 3 teams account for the majority of National Championships in the last decade?
          and about a quarter of all of 'em........... I'm really looking forward to finally seeing a top team from out of the conference come to Conte Forum, finally! i am hoping the weather cooperates

Comment

Did I read that DU is having goaltending issues with injuries and other things keeping some guys out of uniform early on this season?
            Originally posted by reBlur
            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
              Did I read that DU is having goaltending issues with injuries and other things keeping some guys out of uniform early on this season?
              Goalie Sam Brittain is out until December, recovering from knee surgery I believe.
              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

DU's Press Conference is on Tuesday.

DU's 1st Goalie Sam Brittain [Sophomore] is out until Jan. or Feb.

DU's 2nd goaltender Adam Murray [Junior] will start this weekend

DU's 3rd goalie Juho Olkinuora [Freshman] is serving a three game NCAA suspension for playing in a league with professional players in Finland before he playing his Junior hockey in USA.

DU's 4th goalie Zach Hope [Junior] will be the backup this weekend. He played at the Hill School in Pottstown, PA.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                  DU's Press Conference is on Tuesday.

DU's 1st Goalie Sam Brittain [Sophomore] is out until Jan. or Feb.

DU's 2nd goaltender Adam Murray [Junior] will start this weekend

DU's 3rd goalie Juho Olkinuora [Freshman] is serving a three game NCAA suspension for playing in a league with professional players in Finland before he playing his Junior hockey in USA.

DU's 4th goalie Zach Hope [Junior] will be the backup this weekend. He played at the Hill School in Pottstown, PA.
                  That's what I thought I read.

Anyway, I find it interesting the NCAA would give this kid a 3 game suspension and let that Yale kid go completely free with no suspension or eligibility issues after playing in a similarly professional league prior to his arrival at Yale. Par for the course for the NCAA I'm afraid.

I really hope DU can avoid injury to Murray until they get some more help.
                  the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Go BC and BU!
                    Colorado College Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by PenaltyBoxBeast View Post
                      Go BC and BU!
                      Maybe next year?

Comment

Watched BC play UND over the weekend. Gaudreau-Mullane-Whitney, which I think was the 3rd line, really played well and seemed to cause havoc in front of the net.
                        The 1st period was pretty quite (same thing against Michigan State), but BC came to life in the 2nd and took over the game.

For DU: Drew Shore, Jason Zucker, Beau Bennett, Nick Shore and Luke "Goal Czar" Salazar are proven offensive threats. Freshmen Danny Doremus and Zac Larraza have played well in exhibitions. Need more than 3 goals from them.
                        DU's defense will probably include 3 freshmen Scott Mayfield-Joey LaLeggia-Josiah Didier. Seniors John Lee and John Ryder along with sophomore, offensive threat, David Makowski, will have to be on top of their game. Need a strong game from Adam Murray in goal.

BC AND BU fans who should we be watching this weekend?
                        GO DU !!!

Comment

Any Pios fans coming out to the games? Where happened to Swami?

viz, for BC, there are obviously plenty of guys to watch. Lots of depth and guys that could explode or score on any given night. Obviously everyone knows Kreider. Gaudreau was a show-stopper on Saturday night. Mullane, Whitney, Arnold are also guys to watch. On defense, Cross and Dumoulin are great in both ends, very smooth with good offensive instincts as well. The other defensemen are all capable.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                            Any Pios fans coming out to the games? Where happened to Swami?

viz, for BC, there are obviously plenty of guys to watch. Lots of depth and guys that could explode or score on any given night. Obviously everyone knows Kreider. Gaudreau was a show-stopper on Saturday night. Mullane, Whitney, Arnold are also guys to watch. On defense, Cross and Dumoulin are great in both ends, very smooth with good offensive instincts as well. The other defensemen are all capable.
                            I wish I could travel for the games. Wedding planning and money is keeping me here.

As far as Swami, he is away due to extenuating circumstances. That's all I can really say for him.
                            Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
                            www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

BC AND BU fans who should we be watching this weekend?
                              For BU check out our "C's".... Connolly, Coyle and Chiasson. Connolly's hustle and on ice effort so far makes him seem very worthy of wearing the "C". Colye was last years Hockey East rookie of the year and seems as if he should be able to lift his play to be among the upper tier of forwards in the league. Chiasson has an NHL size body, led the team in points last year, and should be able to play with that "power forward" type of edge that will lead to some goals.

In what little we have seen of the team so far this year, Wade Megan seems as if he could be poised for a breakout year.... definatley someone on the 3rd or 4th line to keep an eye on.

Clandening seems to be our top D-Man. Carries the puck well, but IMO sometimes seems to be almost too confident with the puck which leads to the bad turnover here and there. He also plays with an edge and is probably the type that is not a favorite of the fans from most visiting temas.

Millan in net, when he is on, is as good as anyone in the NCAA's..... when he is on.

Should be a good weekend of hockey.

Comment

Working...
                              X