Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BSU @ CC - are the Beav's ready to get hunted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSU @ CC - are the Beav's ready to get hunted?

Bemidji is at CC this weekend at the CSWA. BSU has a couple of games against the Hurricanes under their belt (split). CC has seen nothing but exhibition play. It should be fun.

Who want's revenge? The Beavers got left in the land of misfit toys. CC took a 22 hour bus ride home from Paul Bunyan Arena last year. So there is that...

Are the Beavers ready for Tiger blood and Adnois DNA? I'm not sure they can handle it...
    Originally posted by vizoroo
    Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
    Originally posted by duper
    I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
    Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
    Originally posted by dggoddard
    Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Re: BSU @ CC - are the Beav's ready to get hunted?

I think the Beavs are gonna play some good games this weekend. There was a question of whether or not the offense could still perform at a high caliber level without Read. After the Miami series I feel confident the team has made the necessary adjustments to WCHA play and have improved from last year. That being said, CC is returning a great roster. It should be a great series.

Also- Although almost everything in this town is called "Paul Bunyan..." the arena actually is not

Comment

Originally posted by ronmexico View Post
      BSU has a couple of games against the Hurricanes under their belt (split).
      I thought they played the Redhawks.
      Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyenthusiast View Post
        I thought they played the Redhawks.
        whoosh?

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
          whoosh?
          He just doesn't understand what passes for wit around these here parts.

Comment

What I would like:
            Friday, CC 5-1
            Saturday, CC 4-1

What I fear:
            Friday, CC 4-2
            Saturday, BSU 3-2

Go Tigers!!
            World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Comment

I see two close games, so i'll go with split. GO GREEN!

Comment

One of CC's best forwards has been out with a injury, Junior William Rapuzzi. However, on Tuesday he was cleared by team doctors to play. Still I for one don't expect to see William play Friday, and if he does play on Saturday I'm thinking just a couple shifts or so. Next week CC has a bye, so this would give William two additional weeks to heal if he does not play this weekend.

Does BSU have any injuries or players unavailable this weekend?

Go Tigers!!
                World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

Comment

I think BSU is healthy. I was pleasantly surprised with a split in Oxford last weekend. I'll go for another split in the Springs. Friday 4-2 BSU ENG and Saturday 5-2 CC.

Does CC still have the floating Tiger head webcasts for the weekend?
                  Fear the Green

Comment

Originally posted by Upper Deck View Post
                    I think BSU is healthy. I was pleasantly surprised with a split in Oxford last weekend. I'll go for another split in the Springs. Friday 4-2 BSU ENG and Saturday 5-2 CC.

Does CC still have the floating Tiger head webcasts for the weekend?
                    I had heard that Darcy Findley seperated his shoulder on Saturday night. Have not heard or seen a confirmation though.
                    Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                    FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                    NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                    NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                    NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                    NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                    Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                    Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                      I had heard that Darcy Findley seperated his shoulder on Saturday night. Have not heard or seen a confirmation though.
                      Yes he did take a board hit early Saturday night and had some separation. I saw Darcy Monday with his right arm in a sling. He said preliminary tests (x rays?) were negative (on a break) but had one more test (MRI?) yesterday. I don't have the results. But he's probably not a factor this weekend unless he has an extraordinary recovery.

Andrew J Carter

Comment

Wow, that is a big loss for BSU if Darcy can't go. Senior, foward, already has one goal in two games.

Go Tigers!
                        Last edited by CCtig; 10-13-2011, 05:00 PM.

Comment

The guy who covers CC for the local paper made some predictions on the lines based on what he saw at practice. Obviously these could change:
                          http://cchockey.freedomblogging.com/

Findley was listed as having practiced on a line with Fisher and Orban, so I expect him to play. Then again, the reporter does make it clear that he was taking some guesses because there were no numbers on the practice jerseys.

I'm a bit surprised to see Wamsganz in the lineup for CC. I wonder which returning forwards will sit? Hall, Winkler, Collett, and Skalbeck were not listed on the 3 lines in the article - I'd guess that the unlisted line will be Hall, Winkler, and Skalbeck - I don't see how you can keep any of those three out of the lineup. Hall is one of the key PK guys, Skalbeck was second on the team in even strength goals per game last year, and Winkler is solid all-around.

Hopefully CC's returning offensive power will carry the day -
                          If you remove CC's top 4 returning forwards (Jaden Schwartz, Rylan Schwartz, Nick Dineen, and William Rapuzzi), CC still returns more points from their forwards (95 to 88), goals (39 to 38), and assists (56 to 50) than BSU.

I could also see BSU's experience this year giving them an edge - especially early - since they've played 2 games that count against a very good team on the road. That win at Miami is impressive! While McGill kept it close, the Tigers have only played 2 exhibition games against opponents that were not WCHA-caliber, so they may take a little while to adjust to the speed of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                            The guy who covers CC for the local paper made some predictions on the lines based on what he saw at practice. Obviously these could change:
                            http://cchockey.freedomblogging.com/

Findley was listed as having practiced on a line with Fisher and Orban, so I expect him to play. Then again, the reporter does make it clear that he was taking some guesses because there were no numbers on the practice jerseys.

I'm a bit surprised to see Wamsganz in the lineup for CC. I wonder which returning forwards will sit? Hall, Winkler, Collett, and Skalbeck were not listed on the 3 lines in the article - I'd guess that the unlisted line will be Hall, Winkler, and Skalbeck - I don't see how you can keep any of those three out of the lineup. Hall is one of the key PK guys, Skalbeck was second on the team in even strength goals per game last year, and Winkler is solid all-around.

Hopefully CC's returning offensive power will carry the day -
                            If you remove CC's top 4 returning forwards (Jaden Schwartz, Rylan Schwartz, Nick Dineen, and William Rapuzzi), CC still returns more points from their forwards (95 to 88), goals (39 to 38), and assists (56 to 50) than BSU.

I could also see BSU's experience this year giving them an edge - especially early - since they've played 2 games that count against a very good team on the road. That win at Miami is impressive! While McGill kept it close, the Tigers have only played 2 exhibition games against opponents that were not WCHA-caliber, so they may take a little while to adjust to the speed of the game.
                            Rich, I don't think Joe (Gazette writer) is aware Findley hurt his shoulder last weekend. I agree with you that the lines are a bit surprising. If Wamsganz plays tonight that sure leaves some talented forwards in street clothes. But we know that will be the case this season. Go Tigers!

Comment

Working...
                            X