Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gophers at Bulldogs Oct 14 & 15 - No more well wishes

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
    Friends don't let friends cheer for Suzy. They may become this.

So happy Michigan won that game. So happy.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Ha, I do love that picture though...*** in his wife's face and all!! I also remember reading a hilarious article that was mocking some guy from NoDak who evidently punched a hole in a wall at Xcel after that loss. The whole article ripped on both those guys.

As for getting the young players to stay at Minny...I think Mr. Lucia has a lot to do with that. I've heard from friends close to the source saying that he has absolutely no idea how to develop players properly, which is why Minnesota has been losing lots of young talent over the past few years. I saw Lucia's son committed to Notre Dame, which might be saying something about Don's future...
      NCAA Championships: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998

Hail!

Comment

Originally posted by MichiganHockey27 View Post
        Ha, I do love that picture though...*** in his wife's face and all!! I also remember reading a hilarious article that was mocking some guy from NoDak who evidently punched a hole in a wall at Xcel after that loss. The whole article ripped on both those guys.

As for getting the young players to stay at Minny...I think Mr. Lucia has a lot to do with that. I've heard from friends close to the source saying that he has absolutely no idea how to develop players properly, which is why Minnesota has been losing lots of young talent over the past few years. I saw Lucia's son committed to Notre Dame, which might be saying something about Don's future...
        The "Lucia can't develop players" talk is such a load of crap, all started by that stupid situation with that arrogant ***** Garth Snow. Do I really need to list all the players who played under Lucia who are in the NHL right now?

Comment

It sounds like Mario would have played for the Gophers but Coach Lucia sort of 'pushed' him to play for Notre Dame, too many headaches possibly with his other son playing for the Gophers and he wanted to be a dad and not a coach this time around. Gopher Puck Live web site has some good info on this topic.

I also think the whole Lucia can't develop players is a load of crap, look at the former Gopher players under Lucia in the NHL currently.
          Last edited by SanTropez; 10-13-2011, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Mario is a great player, but I really think some people are making too big of a deal out of him choosing Notre Dame. Don has said on more than one occasion that he pushed Mario in that direction, to avoid complications, and that the Gophers have other forward recruits the are looking at.

If they land Mario, they may not have had the room for Cammarata and Fasching, and those two are more important forward recruits to land IMO.

After all, we just brought in several talented forwards and have Kloos, Guertler, and the Reilly brothers in the wings. Land commitments from Fasching and Cammarata and this group of forward prospects is the best in the nation IMO.
            Last edited by JDUBBS1280; 10-13-2011, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Mario is a great player, but I really think some people are making too big of a deal out of him choosing Notre Dame. Don has said on more than one occasion that he pushed Mario in that direction, to avoid complications, and that the Gophers have other forward recruits the are looking at.

If they land Mario, they may not have had the room for Cammarata and Fasching, and those two are more important forward recruits to land IMO.

After all, we just brought in several talented forwards and have Kloos, Guertler, and the Reilly brothers in the wings. Land commitments from Fasching and Cammarata and this group of forward prospects is the best in the nation IMO.
              Agreed

Comment

The "Lucia can't develop players" talk is such a load of crap, all started by that stupid situation with that arrogant ***** Garth Snow. Do I really need to list all the players who played under Lucia who are in the NHL right now?
                What happened with the Garth Snow situation (I'm out of the loop)? And from what I've heard from friends, is that some players felt they could better develop and prepare for the next level elsewhere. I think Ness, and Leddy are some recent players I can think of, both great defensemen, but possibly could have gained more from staying another year (or two). Minnesota has been hit hard with early departures within the last decade, and maybe I'm misinformed, but I wanted to see what everyone thought about it. Besides, I'm not aware of anyone on Minnesota's roster that could potentially leave early...or at least there's not much hype built up around the younger players, which means if they all stick around, they could do some damage within the next few years.
                Last edited by MichiganHockey27; 10-13-2011, 11:21 AM.
                NCAA Championships: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998

Hail!

Comment

What happened with the Garth Snow situation (I'm out of the loop)? And from what I've heard from friends, is that some players felt they could better develop and prepare for the next level elsewhere. I think Ness, and Leddy are some recent players I can think of, both great defensemen, but possibly could have gained more from staying another year (or two). Minnesota has been hit hard with early departures within the last decade, and maybe I'm misinformed, but I wanted to see what everyone thought about it. Besides, I'm not aware of anyone on Minnesota's roster that could potentially leave early...or at least there's not much hype built up around the younger players, which means if they all stick around, they could do some damage within the next few years.
                  The issue wasn't Lucia. Lucia works with the forwards. The issue was Hill who was in charge of the defense. Guentzel is there now so that should be on the right track.

Snow pulled Okposo out of the "U" midyear of his sophmore season and claimed it was because Minnesota couldn't develop his players properly. Funny thing is the Islanders have sucked and still suck, so evidently they can't develop their players either. Montreal claimed the same thing with David Fischer but the rumor there was that they were so embarrassed they used a #1 draft pick on him that they were trying to cover their own ***.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Friends don't let friends cheer for Suzy. They may become this.

Just when you think UND fans and their players cannot continue their history hilarity, something like this comes along . Classic.
                    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

• Originally posted by MichiganHockey27 View Post
                      I think what your friends meant was, "John Hill couldn't develop defensive talent". I agree, but he's gone now. You'll be hard pressed to find anyone who thinks the same about Guentzel.

As far as the Garth Snow situation, this article (and Lucia interview) sums it up pretty well:

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2010/08/02_between.php

Comment

• Re: Gophers at Bulldogs Oct 14 & 15 - No more well wishes

I think Ness, and Leddy are some recent players I can think of, both great defensemen, but possibly could have gained more from staying another year (or two). Minnesota has been hit hard with early departures within the last decade, and maybe I'm misinformed, but I wanted to see what everyone thought about it. Besides, I'm not aware of anyone on Minnesota's roster that could potentially leave early...or at least there's not much hype built up around the younger players, which means if they all stick around, they could do some damage within the next few years.
                        Leddy probably would have left when he did no matter who was coaching at the time, but Ness and a couple of other D were likely motivated to move on because they were disappointed in former coach Hill. I am hoping that with Associate Head Coach Mike Guentzel now back coaching the D that early departures will not be as frequent as we've seen in the last few years. As far as the current players are concerned the one most likely to depart after the current season would be Bjugstad. If so this won't have anything to do with coaching he's getting; it will be because he's ready to take the next step.
                        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Gophers have been practicing at Ridder Arena this week to prepare to play a ladies team this weekend

Comment

Gophers have been practicing at Ridder Arena this week to prepare to play a ladies team this weekend
                            Are they playing the Gopher womens team on Sunday to remind themselves what winning was like after being swept in Duluth?
                            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

• Originally posted by biddco View Post
                              are they playing the gopher womens team on sunday to remind themselves what winning was like after being swept in duluth?
                              lol!

Comment

gopher fans cheering for North Dakota in the Frozen Four.
                                (shudders) Not real Gopher fans then.

Comment

Working...
                                X