Gophers at Bulldogs Oct 14 & 15 - No more well wishes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gophers at Bulldogs Oct 14 & 15 - No more well wishes

FYI... They just said on tonight's broadcast that Sandelin even said the Buddish CFB penalty was the worst call of the night.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      I have no doubt Ciskie is a good guy. I just don't like his game-calling. I dislike blatant homers during broadcasts. Doesn't give a true description of the texture of the game.
      Given his over the top whining on refs via Twitter tonight, I may have to take back what I said earlier.
      University of Minnesota

Twitter: Hammy Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Duder11 View Post
        I didn't make the calls on the ice, neither did all of you armchair refs. Plenty of crying over the Buddish call tho.

Last night was last night, so I'll leave it be. Missed interference call as JT Brown pushed the puck in the zone around the D and then was called himself on a "phantom" elbow. But why should I? You're high on your wine & cheese.

But I'll make a correction on a call against Grun in the first period tonight, FSN even gave us a good replay and the LOVEFEST crew ignored the fact that a charging call was made on a play where Grun's feet were on the ice, gliding/coasting as he entered the frame and layed a shoulder to shoulder check... Gophers come back with a power play goal.

Oh, and not to forget the Bowling Green bounces they continue to get.

Remember, Duluth is Titletown, USA... MPLS/ST. PAUL... LOSERVILLE... some of your very own bring it up on a weekly basis.

Scooby... before you think you know what I know... go ahead and rewind... you seem to be an expert at that and maybe you should read my first two posts. A penalty was called on the ice, it was obvious (to all those actually at the game) they were going to call a 5 min major on Buddish.

Oh, and to be fair, I haven't seen the replay (didn't have the lovefest of chubby 1 and chubby 2 to replay it for me).
        But thanks for getting me to log into your lovefest and point out a few things.

I figured I'd enlighten you all this afternoon, since the gopher arrogance and coke-bottle sydrome is still in full force.

Let's talk some gopher football shall we? When did they last win anything?
        Keep chatting up last year, cause your team just got swept by a better team.

Comment

Good job Gophers. Celebrate tonight, then do defensive drills all week.
          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
            This.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord...

and now I'd run the hell outta town if I were MN. Highway robbery, those 4 points. I love it.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Duder11 View Post
                I didn't make the calls on the ice, neither did all of you armchair refs. Plenty of crying over the Buddish call tho.

Last night was last night, so I'll leave it be. Missed interference call as JT Brown pushed the puck in the zone around the D and then was called himself on a "phantom" elbow. But why should I? You're high on your wine & cheese.

But I'll make a correction on a call against Grun in the first period tonight, FSN even gave us a good replay and the LOVEFEST crew ignored the fact that a charging call was made on a play where Grun's feet were on the ice, gliding/coasting as he entered the frame and layed a shoulder to shoulder check... Gophers come back with a power play goal.

Oh, and not to forget the Bowling Green bounces they continue to get.

Remember, Duluth is Titletown, USA... MPLS/ST. PAUL... LOSERVILLE... some of your very own bring it up on a weekly basis.

Scooby... before you think you know what I know... go ahead and rewind... you seem to be an expert at that and maybe you should read my first two posts. A penalty was called on the ice, it was obvious (to all those actually at the game) they were going to call a 5 min major on Buddish.

Oh, and to be fair, I haven't seen the replay (didn't have the lovefest of chubby 1 and chubby 2 to replay it for me).
                But thanks for getting me to log into your lovefest and point out a few things.

I figured I'd enlighten you all this afternoon, since the gopher arrogance and coke-bottle sydrome is still in full force.

Let's talk some gopher football shall we? When did they last win anything?
                huh?
                Originally posted by CavalryNate
                Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                sigpic

Comment

Great job Gophers. But completely going in a shell is going to cost some games. How many times have teams lost leads when they become content to flip it down the ice rather than continue with good, short breakout passes when they are there. Maybe with a little more maturity, they will get better at that. Dogs played great 5 on 5, but Patterson and Gopher special teams were clearly the difference. I am becoming a believer that Rau could make a big difference this year. Hope he can keep it up. and Schmidt does look good, but he coughed up the puck on the first goal.

Comment

Agreed, too close for comfort and never should have been after we went up 5-2 in the 3rd.
                    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                    sigpic

Comment

Highway robbery, those 4 points. I love it.
                      I disagree. Last I checked, the goaltender is a big part of how a team plays and who deserves to win. And with special teams being a major part in how most games come out, I'd say it is pretty clear who had better special teams all weekend. And despite the number of shots UMD had both nights (or what the scorekeeper claimed), it wasn't like Patterson had to stand on his head for point blank shots very often. I thought when you consider all factors, these teams are pretty even. Given how young MN is, I hope that they are the ones that will see the most improvement through the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                        I disagree. Last I checked, the goaltender is a big part of how a team plays and who deserves to win. And with special teams being a major part in how most games come out, I'd say it is pretty clear who had better special teams all weekend. And despite the number of shots UMD had both nights (or what the scorekeeper claimed), it wasn't like Patterson had to stand on his head for point blank shots very often. I thought when you consider all factors, these teams are pretty even. Given how young MN is, I hope that they are the ones that will see the most improvement through the year.
                        Given how the 2nd and 3rd periods played out last night, and the 1st and 3rd played out tonight.....

Just sayin'. Either way, 4 points. I'm swimming in Scooby's glass right now.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by hammy View Post
                          given his over the top whining on refs via twitter tonight, i may have to take back what i said earlier. :d
                          Saw that too.

Comment

Given how the 2nd and 3rd periods played out last night, and the 1st and 3rd played out tonight.....

Just sayin'. Either way, 4 points. I'm swimming in Scooby's glass right now.
                            4pts does sound nice

Scooby's glass may shatter
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                              4pts does sound nice

Scooby's glass may shatter
                              The young D will keep it from reaching 100% anytime soon.

Comment

MN executed well when they had to, but generally speaking, I thought they got outplayed for the bulk of this weekend 4 on 4 / 5 on 5.

Going 6-9 on the powerplay and winning each game by a goal tells me they need to clean up their even strength play. The D needs to get a lot better at moving the puck out of the zone and making smart decisions at the blue line. There were a lot of needless turnovers back there that cost goals this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X