Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Or SCSU.
    ??? I don't even own a snowmobile Most of the Gopher fans were totally missing the word that got UMD fans' undies in a bunch with the Hanson quote. It was that he said Minnesota is 'supposed' to be the premier program in the state. It true that they usually are, are expected to be, and almost certainly will be most of the time in the future, however, no program is 'supposed' be anything. Its still not worth being offended about. Fun game last night, go Dogs!
    SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
    UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
    Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
    Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
    UMD Football: 2008, 2010
    UMD Men: 2011

Comment

• Re: Gophers at Bulldogs Oct 14 & 15 - No more well wishes

Nice to see the Gophers put little sister in their place for a night.
      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by HumRsky View Post
        ??? I don't even own a snowmobile Most of the Gopher fans were totally missing the word that got UMD fans' undies in a bunch with the Hanson quote. It was that he said Minnesota is 'supposed' to be the premier program in the state. It true that they usually are, are expected to be, and almost certainly will be most of the time in the future, however, no program is 'supposed' be anything. Its still not worth being offended about. Fun game last night, go Dogs!
        He said they are "supposed" to be because that is the expectation on the program by the fan base, media, etc... More pressure on that program than any other. You're right though, dumb thing to get upset about or argue about
        Last edited by JDUBBS1280; 10-15-2011, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          I agree, although I saw WAY too much of the hopefully old Gophers in the 2nd and 3rd period.

Nice of the National Champs to let the "P" run down their leg.

EDIT: And Hoven, you don't get "clean wins" on the road against the National Champs. Doesn't happen.
          I think some of the 2nd and 3rd period issues we had was because tDogs stepped it up a notch or two as well, but yeah the Gophers need to handle the pressure better. The youth started to show during the penalty fest that was the 2nd period and the running around in the 3rd. But the effort was there all game and they were rewarded with the win which was nice to see.

How's the glass Scoob?
          Originally posted by CavalryNate
          Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
          sigpic

Comment

Justin Holl looked scared out there after taking a few hits early in the game. He curled up in the corner rather than going after the puck, and it led to UMD's 4th goal. Not his best game, and I know a few others didn't play up to par, but he stood out to me as a guy who shouldn't suit up tonight for the rematch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diggs13 View Post
              Justin Holl looked scared out there after taking a few hits early in the game. He curled up in the corner rather than going after the puck, and it led to UMD's 4th goal. Not his best game, and I know a few others didn't play up to par, but he stood out to me as a guy who shouldn't suit up tonight for the rematch.
              Agree on Holl. Not his best game. Marshall didn't play well either. Needed to play the body on that Herbert goal. I have no idea why Nate Schmidt didn't get more playing time last year. The kid is hands-down our best defender. He's going to be a great one

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                How's the glass Scoob?
                We're at about 80% right now. I see lots of room for improvement that I'm expecting to see as the year goes on, yet the team is not backing down from adversity during a tough road game. Win or lose tonight I want to see them play a better game overall.

The two things I learned from the tUMD faithful this week have turned out to be interesting.

1. I heard we don't have any snipers. Well, I saw a lot of "sniping" last night. Especially Haula's goal to start the game off.
                2. I heard we had NO SHOT at a sweep. Well, that may be true but only one team has a shot at it now.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  We're at about 80% right now. I see lots of room for improvement that I'm expecting to see as the year goes on, yet the team is not backing down from adversity during a tough road game. Win or lose tonight I want to see them play a better game overall.

The two things I learned from the tUMD faithful this week have turned out to be interesting.

1. I heard we don't have any snipers. Well, I saw a lot of "sniping" last night. Especially Haula's goal to start the game off.
                  2. I heard we had NO SHOT at a sweep. Well, that may be true but only one team has a shot at it now.
                  Didn't you hear Scooby, the refs gave us the game.

Comment

Nice victory over both opponents, UMD and the refs.
                    Better dead than Red

Comment

Originally posted by ski View Post
                      Nice victory over both opponents, UMD and the refs.
                      Are you really going to complain about the officiating after going 3-6 on the powerplay, and having an extra man advantage than Duluth? Were all the calls against you poor, yet all the calls against Duluth legit? I did not watch the game, so I am asking an honest question.
                      North Dakota
                      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                        Are you really going to complain about the officiating after going 3-6 on the powerplay, and having an extra man advantage than Duluth? Were all the calls against you poor, yet all the calls against Duluth legit? I did not watch the game, so I am asking an honest question.
                        There's was only one horribly awful call that wasn't legit in the game. The 5er to Zach Budish. One of the worst calls I have ever seen.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                          Are you really going to complain about the officiating after going 3-6 on the powerplay, and having an extra man advantage than Duluth?
                          No, but if you were to believe UMD fans the refs were paid off.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            There's was only one horribly awful call that wasn't legit in the game. The 5er to Zach Budish. One of the worst calls I have ever seen.
                            Interesting. I wish officials could watch a replay when determining if a 5 should be called or not. I've seen way too many get called that should not have, and some that should have been called but were not.
                            North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              No, but if you were to believe UMD fans the refs were paid off.
                              They usually are. I don't think they do this on a volunteer basis.
                              North Dakota

Comment

The refs Were AWFUL last night. However, they were awful both ways.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X