Well, Well, We Meet Again... SCSU @ NMU, 10/14-15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, Well, We Meet Again... SCSU @ NMU, 10/14-15

Both teams are coming off a split of opening weekend--NMU on the road at Wisconsin, SCSU at the Kendall Hockey Classic in Anchorage.
    The last time these teams met, SCSU earned their first ever tournament win in 2OT at the West Regional in St Paul, MN.
    This should be interesting. Discuss.
    Always a Wildcat...
    Originally posted by Kepler
    If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Re: Well, Well, We Meet Again... SCSU @ NMU, 10/14-15

NMU looked fairly good this weekend, I feel as if they'll sweep if they stay out of the box. Go Cats!
    NMU

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
      Both teams are coming off a split of opening weekend--NMU on the road at Wisconsin, SCSU at the Kendall Hockey Classic in Anchorage.
      The last time these teams met, SCSU earned their first ever tournament win in 2OT at the West Regional in St Paul, MN.
      This should be interesting. Discuss.
      The Huskies defense is the weak link. Jensen and Gravel are very good and everybody else is either below average or freshman that are very raw. Lee was incredible this weekend at Alaska until the last 8 minutes saturday and then all hell broke loose. Hopefully the Huskies can bounce back after a crushing loss last night.
      I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

I smell a split... ooh, and my burritos!
        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

The Huskies suck and will continue to suck as long as they have fans like scsutommyboy who continue to make excuses every time they lose.

NMU sweeps!
          President of the Jason Stewart Fan Club

Comment

I say NMU gets revenge with a "3 point" weekend
            "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

This is a tough series for SCSU. Long trip to Alaska followed by a long bus trip to Northern...I'll be happy with a split.
              "Today I do what you won't, so tomorrow I can do what you can't." - Unknown

Between autocorrect, touch typing and a lack of desire or time to proofread on the internet, there are likely errors in any text I post. If pointing these out will add to your sense of self worth and validate your life, knock yourself out.

Comment

Not so fast. Prockno and Rabbe were quite suprising for their first college games. There is some hope. Jensen was actually not on his game. But you are right, he and Gravel should lead whatever group hits the ice. And Johnson was very solid and has at least for now, gotten rid of the "massive" ooooopppppssss moments from last year. Where there is major concern is with very talented forwards that just don't seem to have that grizzled, tanatious, killer, leave it all on the ice, ........well I could go on for days. Title game: Eddy (0 shots) LaBlanc (0 shots). Lots of carrying the puck into traffic. Lots of losing battles on the wall and in the corners. Plenty of time for this group to become very good. I hope they can buy in or learn that most goals will be lunch bucket, dirty ice, hard workin' goals. Pretty and fancy are neat once in a while but they won't lead you to very many wins. For now I am a half full guy. I think things will work themselves out for SCSU.

Comment

By the way. Where are the best pasties in Marquette (or Ishpiming or Negaunee or Toivo's Camp Moiika Deer Camp)? For anyone south of Hurley, Wisconsin and Duluth, this is food not something swinging off a chicks umm, errrr, well you know, right?

Comment

I'm thinking a split myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Bottles View Post
                      This is a tough series for SCSU. Long trip to Alaska followed by a long bus trip to Northern...I'll be happy with a split.
                      Yeah, probably. They are doing a lot of work just to get in some early non-conference games.

Huskeys had the Seal Blubber trophy clubbed out of their hands! A tough split. And who the heck is Mickey Spencer?

FYI: Mitch McMillan is a -3. The fourth line and defense is a work in progress or possibly may be all season long.

Comment

Mickey Spencer --> 1) a fishing guide on Lake of the Woods. 2) a character from the 20 minute film, in and out and in and out and in and out of Africa. 3) a rare disorder. 4) a member of the 80's band (and a bad one at that) a flock of seagulls. 5) obviously....mrs. spencers favorite son. 6) a man before saturday whose best scoring had been with a gal named Bambi.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Bottles View Post
                          Nothing tough about long travel trips, I mean they just have to sit until they get there. it's not like they're riding bikes or walking. That would get tiring.
                          Bob is making me concerned
                          I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
                            Nothing tough about long travel trips, I mean they just have to sit until they get there. it's not like they're riding bikes or walking. That would get tiring.
                            I'm not so sure about that. I guess there was an issue with the heating or cooling or something like that for a CC / DU game last year and it made for a really painful 45 minute bus ride to Colorado Springs. Needless to say, this left the DU players in a pretty fragile state and there was no way they could be expected to win.
                            Originally posted by vizoroo
                            Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
                            Originally posted by duper
                            I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
                            Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
                            Originally posted by dggoddard
                            Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Reverse Sanity View Post
                              By the way. Where are the best pasties in Marquette (or Ishpiming or Negaunee or Toivo's Camp Moiika Deer Camp)? For anyone south of Hurley, Wisconsin and Duluth, this is food not something swinging off a chicks umm, errrr, well you know, right?
                              IMHO, Jean Kay's in Marquette has the best. However, I am not a native Yooper, so take that as you will.

NMU's biggest weaknesses right now: being the Oakland Raiders of college hockey taking too many penalties, and youth. However, the young guys we have this year are the same young guys we had last year who got upperclassmen level playing minutes, so they're experienced sophomores/juniors.
                              Always a Wildcat...
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Working...
                              X