• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI @ Ferris State (10/14 & 10/15)

Seth Appert's homecoming.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: RPI @ Ferris State (10/14 & 10/15)

Another big weekend OOC test for the boys. Will be fascinating to see how this team can mature. Obviously there is some work to do but already it appears the strength of this team is the defense and goaltending. If the offense starts to click this could really be exciting. It appears we have to still work out the line combinations that work best. I would imagine that practices will be fierce as guys all want to be in the line up and show they belong. Go Red!!
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Victory would be big against ND. We learned last year that these OOC's count big time at the end of the season. Go Red.
      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
        Victory would be big against ND. We learned last year that these OOC's count big time at the end of the season. Go Red.
        You're one week ahead of us. Don't think about a later bridge until you've crossed the one in front of you.

Comment

It appears that Ferris doesn't have the following on USCHO that Mankato has.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            I != care
            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              There's a few around here. For a very long time I was the only Ferris follower here, but I've followed the team less and less over the past couple years, and now that others have arrived here, it's time for me to step back and let them take it from here. They'll probably be here soon.

Ferris' strength appears to be the defense and the goaltending. They're in good hands with Taylor Nelson between the pipes, and Chad Billins and Brett Wysopal at the blue line. We've had trouble scoring for about two decades.
              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Hammer, you are a staple on the Ferris threads, we don't want you to step away!!!! I have been following the message boards for years and rarely post, the new crops of dawg pound students need you to be their guide!! haha

I am very happy with the bulldogs coming off of a sweep. It was a pleasant way to start the season. RPI will be more of a test but the bulldogs showed poise and confidence. It was also nice to see that motte got some time in the net. It is comforting to know that he will be able to handle some of the duties of Nelson needs some rest during the season.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                  Another big weekend OOC test for the boys. Will be fascinating to see how this team can mature. Obviously there is some work to do but already it appears the strength of this team is the defense and goaltending. If the offense starts to click this could really be exciting. It appears we have to still work out the line combinations that work best. I would imagine that practices will be fierce as guys all want to be in the line up and show they belong. Go Red!!
                  You are correct when you say that Definse and goaltinding are our strengths, but the offense is not far behind. Our breakouts are quick, are passing is excellent, our communication on the ice is the best I have seen/heard.
                  SA has this team poised to be very good. The goals will come, and we will only need a couple each game to win if we keep playing the kind of defense we showed the last two weekends. Having said that, I think that by Christmas, we will be filling the net. The real offense will come from the freshmen, and they will need a little time. Haggerty is there already, he is going to be fun to watch for the next four years.
                  Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                  Benjamin Franklin
                  The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                  Gary Player

Comment

A little scouting information from the Ferris web site.

http://www.ferrisstatebulldogs.com/s...20111008qj6o20

Also, this is homecoming week at Ferris. Maybe that is why they invited SA for the weekend.
                    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                    Benjamin Franklin
                    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                    Gary Player

Comment

It should be an exciting weekend. Let's hope the Bulldogs can keep putting the puck in the net like they have been. I have few worries on the back end. RPI should be a formidable opponent and a couple wins would be very nice.

Go Dawgs!
                      "What I get paid for are the practices, I would play the games for nothing."
                      - Tim Horton

Ferris State University
                      CCHA Champions 2003 & 2012

Comment

I run a game called Pick to Click here on the forum. Some of you may be familiar with it because NMU used to run a similar contest. It's open to all posters. Feel free to join in!

The rules are simple, just pick one person from each team for both games this weekend that you will score lots of goals (or get a shutout).

Here's a link to the first post which contains a more detailed look at the rules and a couple links at the bottom to the list of individuals that cannot be chosen. Good luck!
                        Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Sullivan's ECAC blog notes that Ferris State cashed in on four of twelve power-play opportunities while sweeping St. Lawrence in Canton last weekend.

You never want to take an excessive amount of penalties, but it seems like an even better idea to stay out of the box when the opposition's power play is clicking at 33%.

On the other hand, RPI's penalty kill was 11-for-11 against Minnesota State. Maybe they don't need to get too worried about taking penalties.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                            Sullivan's ECAC blog notes that Ferris State cashed in on four of twelve power-play opportunities while sweeping St. Lawrence in Canton last weekend.

You never want to take an excessive amount of penalties, but it seems like an even better idea to stay out of the box when the opposition's power play is clicking at 33%.

On the other hand, RPI's penalty kill was 11-for-11 against Minnesota State. Maybe they don't need to get too worried about taking penalties.
                            Waite-i always felt taking a lot of penalties was not always just about the other team scoring on you-I think it does a couple of negative things-it certainly tires out some players when they have to continuously spend 2 minutes chasing the puck around and it upsets your offensive and defensive line combinations as you are just playing a man or 2 short. Although i am very pleased that we are 11 for 11 in penalty kills-i agree with you-stay out of the box should just be the mantra.
                            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

RPI Lines tonight:
                              Rogic/Malchuk/Rabbani
                              McGowan/Neal/Smith
                              Cullen/AAG/Haggerty
                              Lee/JL / Schroeder

Leonard/Bergin
                              Leboeuf/Bailen
                              Curadi/Koudys

Merriam
                              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Working...
                              X