Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarkson Golden Knights 2011-2012 Season

We do need a thread for God's sake....

Don't know what to make of the opener at the Kendall Classic in Alaska. Defense is young, young, young and there are going to be some growing pains. Once they settle down, I think we will like this team. It looks like we have a very good amount of speed up front, Oakley, Tamblyn, Tremblay can fly. One thing to note, it is nice to see Cayer get off to a nice start with 2 goals in the opener.

Let's Go Tech!

Re: Clarkson Golden Knights 2011-2012 Season

I had a blast watching Clarkson in their first trip to Alaska. I was quite surprised that the All-Tournament team lacked anyone from Clarkson as I thought that your goalie was perhaps the star of both Clarkson games. Friday night they sure gave UAA a run for their money. I don't think UAA was expecting Clarkson to play like they did and they big players certainly made a difference. The big defenders stopped a lot of shots getting through to the net, but the goalie (Karpowich) made some game stealing saves several times. Saturday's game could have gone either way, until the third period. Clarkson and UAF played right with each other up to the point but then it seemed like Clarkson came out flat and UAF stepped it up a bit. I was still hoping they could pull it off up to the very end against UAF though.

Nonetheless, young team or not, it was a lot of fun watching Clarkson play last weekend. Best of luck for the rest of the season!

Comment

Good weekend against Sacred Heart, 3-0 and 5-2, we are winning the games we should be winning. I was afraid we would come out flat after the long trip to Alaska, we didn't look that sharp but we did what we needed to win. Thrilled that Oakley is off to a tremendous start he always reminded me of D'alvise's game, kid works hard and deserves it.

Comment

I have ranked Clarkson 5th in my non-Ivy power rankings based on the first two weeks of action. Read about it here:
        http://insidehockey.com/ecac-the-first-two-weeks.

Sorry for the interruption. Just trying to build up the following.

Comment

Looking forward to your visit to John A. Ryan rink next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
            Looking forward to your visit to John A. Ryan rink next weekend.
            Well, you will see a very young defensive corp learning new systems, often relying on a very good goalie, Karpowich.
            That being said, we have some guys that can really fly on offense and the power play has been clicking at 30% rate and the penalty kill has been solid at around 89%.
            What can we expect from the Falcons?

Comment

Thursday, October 27, 2011 11PM

The Golden Knights have arrived in Waltham, MA. I believe the trip takes between 6 ~ 7 hours one way via the bus. After having enjoyed two consecutive weekend sweeps of Sacred Heart University and American International College, there is confidence among the team members; this confidence is enhanced by the play of senior goaltender, Paul Karpowich, who has won ECAC recognition the past three weeks. Under first-year Clarkson Coach Casey Jones, the Golden Knights are scoring goals in a timely manner and getting them from a diverse group of players.

There are a decent number of Clarkson alumns in the Boston area, so I expect there will be a good supportive fan base at the games.

KNOW NO LIMITS, CLARKSON GOLDEN KNIGHTS.

Comment

Well, the video and audio were pretty brutal last night to match our play. Undisciplned play to say the least.... spent so much time in penalties we were gassed by the 3rd period. We were lucky to get two goals in the first after killing off a 5 min major to start the game.
                Bentley led in shots, however, most were perimeter shots, I think we actually had better scoring opportunites. Bentley carried most of the play in the 2nd and all of in the 3rd as they have pretty good team speed. I would expect to see a much better effort for us tonight.

LET'S GO TECH!

Comment

Recruiting update: Brooks Bandits of the AJHL report Anthony Paskaruk has commited Clarkson for 2013-2014

Comment

Mini-gallery from Friday night - http://www.uscho.com/photos/2011/10/...on-at-bentley/

Re: audio feed Friday - the Watertown rink is a bit limited and I believe your guy wound up doing his call via cell phone.

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                    HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                    HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by mwade View Post
                      Mini-gallery from Friday night - http://www.uscho.com/photos/2011/10/...on-at-bentley/

Re: audio feed Friday - the Watertown rink is a bit limited and I believe your guy wound up doing his call via cell phone.
                      Great pics, thanks!

Regarding the poor audio, his cell service must be AT&T

Comment

Clarkson with a huge win over RPI by a 4-1 margin. It's early, but things are looking up on the green side of the North Country. I know we've played an easy schedule so far, but this is a nice win.
                        Twitter: DanMountSports
                        2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                          Clarkson with a huge win over RPI by a 4-1 margin. It's early, but things are looking up on the green side of the North Country. I know we've played an easy schedule so far, but this is a nice win.
                          As everyone has already stated, we still have not played any quality opponents, so it is too early to tell, lets keep plugging away until we play a quality opponent. We are moving in the right direction. LGT
                          Last edited by drewcu; 11-04-2011, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Hello fans of Clarkson Hockey-

I just wanted to quickly touch base with you in regards to the Goals For Good project. In short, it's a competitive goal-a-thon between every team in the ECAC, and every team has partnered with a charity in close relation to their team, school, and or community. We're currently looking for more prizes, but as of now, there is $1,000 on the line going to the local food cupboard of the team that raises the most money. Please check out www.goalsforgood.org to learn more and support your team and their charity by way of their goals and wins.

Thank you,
                            Kevin McNamara

Comment

Post-game videos from 1-1 Tie at Quinnipiac. Jones and Karpowich. http://www.youtube.com/user/jmklump33?feature=mhee#p/u

Comment

Working...
                              X