X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union Hockey 2011-2012 Season Thread "We Can See Cleary Now"

Originally posted by rdf8585 View Post
    If it's available where you are, FIOS is great (and likely notably cheaper than 170). With what I have, I do get the MSG networks and NHL Network. Plus the 3 FOX College Sports Networks (you see several college hockey games on those... most often ND, Denver, Minnesota seem to be on). The Big 10 Network had a Michigan State-Michigan college hockey game last week as well. I'll say I'm surprised the MSG thing has gone on this long... I was surprised it got to a point that it was shut off to begin with, but now there's no end in sight.
    Schott's reporting a possible deal: http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...ble-make-deal/

Comment

Here's a catchy little hockey song, one you probably recognize if you go to Messa regularly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z9HgXLaeeM

Comment

If you are really ****ed with TWC switch to DirecTV. I can give you my acct # and we each get $100 just like the commercial.

Most of my friends from Western NY switched this past year due to Sabres issues.

Comment

Union lines - Grosenick in.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzk328A7dr1qcayzi.jpg

Coburn a game time call (Forgaard will warm up).

Comment

Originally posted by uniondutch21 View Post
            If you are really ****ed with TWC switch to DirecTV. I can give you my acct # and we each get $100 just like the commercial.

Most of my friends from Western NY switched this past year due to Sabres issues.
            Some people live in apartments and aren't allowed to go satellite.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              Some people live in apartments and aren't allowed to go satellite.
              Unless you have a patio or balcony which is for your exclusive use, in which case the FCC says you cannot be prohibited from installing one.

http://www.fcc.gov/guides/over-air-r...n-devices-rule

(sorry for the threadjack)
              APBWiki

Comment

Great shutout tonight, and good win against a hot goaltender.... and the Cornell tie puts U up 2 points over second in the standings!
                National Champions 2014!
                Cleary Cup Champions 2011, 2012, 2014, 2017!
                Whitelaw Cup Champions 2012, 2013, 2014!!!
                Let's Go U!!!

Comment

Wow, that was not easy. Condon was magnificent in goal. Union kept at it despite what had to be a frustrating night and got a gritty win.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                    Wow, that was not easy. Condon was magnificent in goal. Union kept at it despite what had to be a frustrating night and got a gritty win.
                    I agree 100%. Condon put on one of the best goaltending performances I've ever seen in a college game.

The cheapshot Goodwin put on Ciampini at the end of the game was atrocious. Hopefully Ciampini is ok and Goodwin gets more punishment than the game DQ he has already been assessed. There's no need for that crap in college hockey.

Comment

An exciting game that should have been even more lopsided on the scoreboard... but give credit to Princeton's goalie. Still, I'll take the 2 points which has given Union a first round bye. That means home games on Fri 3/9, Sat 3/10, and (maybe) Sun 3/11.

Also props to Clarkson for holding Cornell to a tie. Maybe SLU, who beat Colgate and now are winners of 5 in a row, can upset Cornell tomorrow night.

I got an e-mail earlier in the week that said "ticket information for the ECAC Hockey playoffs will be available at this weekend’s games. Check for fliers in the Messa Rink lobby."

I didn't see any in the lobby on the way in tonight... maybe tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        Union might have better luck bringing in NC opponents if they moved the games to the Pepsi Center (or whatever the heck they call it now).
                        When I lived there it was the Knickerbocker Arena. Then it was the Pepsi Arena, Now, It's Times Union Center. When they built it, locals called it the Toaster Oven....

I agree though that even with the curtains in place, the attendance for a big OOC game would be a tough sell, unless they could pull off a double-header with RPI hosting another big OOC team and split the take.....

Also, was the Princeton goalie that good tonight, or were 40 of those 60 shots B and C grade opportunities???
                        Keith Reynolds
                        Union College
                        Class of 1992
                        B.A. in Economics/Mathematics

University of Nevada - Las Vegas
                        Class of 2001
                        M.S. in Sports and Leisure Management

"I went to Union before it sucked...."

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonySaxe View Post
                          I got NHL Center Ice to watch the Sabres. It's costly, but worth it if you want to see your team.
                          I have DirecTV through my phone company here in Oregon and I get the Center Ice package to see Rangers games....

Although, I have found that if you don't live in the NY area like I do, you can get the DirecTV sports channel mix package and watch the Rangers in 60 broadcasts on MSG for a fraction of the price of the NHL Center Ice package....

I get to see all the goals and the action without a lot of the fluff and I fast-forward through the commercials....
                          Keith Reynolds
                          Union College
                          Class of 1992
                          B.A. in Economics/Mathematics

University of Nevada - Las Vegas
                          Class of 2001
                          M.S. in Sports and Leisure Management

"I went to Union before it sucked...."

Comment

Condon had plenty of quality saves, believe me. MSG is back on Time Warner as of last night.

Comment

Good Lord, 60 shots on goal, and a shutout for Grosenick, woww !!
                              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by rdf8585 View Post
                                An exciting game that should have been even more lopsided on the scoreboard... but give credit to Princeton's goalie. Still, I'll take the 2 points which has given Union a first round bye. That means home games on Fri 3/9, Sat 3/10, and (maybe) Sun 3/11.

Also props to Clarkson for holding Cornell to a tie. Maybe SLU, who beat Colgate and now are winners of 5 in a row, can upset Cornell tomorrow night.

I got an e-mail earlier in the week that said "ticket information for the ECAC Hockey playoffs will be available at this weekend’s games. Check for fliers in the Messa Rink lobby."

I didn't see any in the lobby on the way in tonight... maybe tomorrow?
                                They were handing some out on the way out of the rink last night. I imagine they'll be doing the same tonight, but I would also think you can pick up some at the box office.

As for Condon...wow. I don't remember a team (Union) that dominated so much and actually won the game being so frustrated. It's a good thing Union's defense was solid and Grosenick was focused.

I missed the beginning of the altercation, but Jeremy Goodwin should probably expect to miss more that tonight's game against RPI. I saw his second swing at Ciampini's head from behind and that alone should warrant a suspension. It also appeared that Ciampini dissed Goodwin during the post-game handshake...for good reason, IMO.

Tonight's game is even bigger for NCAA tourney purposes. With Quinnipiac being a TUC, a win should solidify Union's standing in the PWR.
                                Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X