Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011-12 Vermont Season Thread (Vezina & Conn Smyth trophy edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011-12 Vermont Season Thread (Vezina & Conn Smyth trophy edition)

Green and Gold on Saturday and the good news is so far no one has been suppended or left school. (KNOCK ON WOOD)

Notre Dame is coming soon to HE which will make home ice even harder to get in the future.

Lets here it for the biggest (HEARTED) captain the Cats have had since Marty left..HEAR HEAR!!!!
    New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Re: 2011-12 Vermont Season Thread (Vezina & Conn Smyth trophy edition)

Bump

Since I'm here.......

Anyone get their tickets yet??? Girls have already played games you would think they would come soon.

Comment

When was the last time we even played Notre Dame?
      Plattsburgh '11 Go Cards.
      National Champions 1992, 2001
      21 SUNYAC Championships

Norwich University
      National Champions 2000, 2003, 2010

University of Vermont
      Future National Champions 201?

Comment

Not sure if we ever played them, but I remember watching them in Dartmouth during their tourney.
        They were really good that year!

Charter Member of the Catamount Hockey Bandwagon! GO CATS GO!

Comment

Season is starting for pretty much everyone tonight but the Cats. Not sure which is better : not playing the 1st meaningful game for 2 weeks when most other teams already have 3 or 4 games experience or doing what they did last year when it seemed like it was 1 game per weekend in the early going. Guess we will soon see.
          Remember the 5 "S's" of hockey - Speed, Size, Strength, Skill and Smarts - The more you have of these, the higher level you get to go to....

Comment

the late start sucks....

Comment

Maybe it will help the Cats get a good start. Last year we had alot of close games early and maybe if the Cats
              had a few more practices together they might have had some better results and maybe the season would not have
              gone downhill.

Comment

Green and Gold Report

I miss the old set up when the G&G used to be longer and I really could care less about a shootout...thou Leonard's goal was sweet.

Alot more hitting than usual and Brickley seemed to have a chip on his shoulder as he was much more physical than last year.

I was pleasently impressed by all of the freshman D, Paliotta looks like a senior out there and shows a great ability to hit forwards on
                the fly with passes from the D-zone. I also liked how Doerring looked on the Off-blueline handling the puck and turning passes into
                quick hard low shots on net. Too much last year our D was missing the net. Luukko I didnt see as much with the puck so far.

The freshman forwards I liked the most were Reynolds and Markison who hit anything that moved. And Brett Bruneteau looks like
                a steal and might be the best of the new players at the start of the season.

Goalies all played OK but we all know whos going to be in net

Anyone else go?

Comment

On another subject, I thought I read here USCHO an article saying Notre Dame would only have to travel 5 times when the come to Hockey East?
                  I must be missunderstanding this. I'd love to join a league out West and tell everyone they have to come to my rink to play!

Comment

Originally posted by vtcats View Post
                    On another subject, I thought I read here USCHO an article saying Notre Dame would only have to travel 5 times when the come to Hockey East?
                    I must be missunderstanding this. I'd love to join a league out West and tell everyone they have to come to my rink to play!
                    With a 20 game in league schedule, they would travel 5 weekends and play 10 games on the road, and have 10 games at home. Same as everyone else. They will play west teams for their OOC.
                    Originally posted by Hokydad
                    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

attended the green/gold scrimmage on saturday and i was also impressed with all the freshmen.the defensemen all seemed to be able to move the puck out of the zone quickly. team speed and puck movement was good also.hopefully ,the cats can utilize their speed to apply more pressure and create more scoring opportunities in the offensive zone.should be fun to watch this team develope.

Comment

Nice to see the reports on the Green & Gold game. but playing against your teammates is not really a great measure. Can't beleive the first meaningful home game is still 2.5 weeks away..... Mack sounds like they got a confidence builder up at Maine. Hopefully they come in a bit overconfident after manhandling the Cats the last two years.....

Comment

Being picked 35th just does not seem right to me in the new Hockey East era..... I hope the team reads this and gets some serious motivation out of it.

http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/5...eat58_1002.htm

Being picked 20 spots back of Dartmouth makes we want to puke. Lets go Cats. Back to the land of some level of respect we must go.

Comment

Originally posted by snwbrdr View Post
                            Being picked 35th just does not seem right to me in the new Hockey East era..... I hope the team reads this and gets some serious motivation out of it.

Being picked 20 spots back of Dartmouth makes we want to puke. Lets go Cats. Back to the land of some level of respect we must go.
                            Wow that is a wake up call!!!! I know last year was a disaster but still 35th? They do have something to prove. Sneddon should post that poll in the locker room.

Comment

UVM won 8 games last year I think right? We should not be complaining about any player or team rankings until we earn a little respect.
                              No complaining, remember?

Comment

Working...
                              X