This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston College Eagles 2011-2012 season thread

I thought since i received my tickets yesterday (a full 10 days before the first game) that it was a good time for us to start a thread................ I never thought an old goat like me would be the one to have to do it though.......... strange that we had no exhibition this year ,was it because of the Ice Breaker?

Re: Boston College Eagles 2011-2012 season thread

I'm guessing that the exemption caused by the Icebreaker eliminated an exhibition game. After seeing the results of the Huskies and the ratdogs, I have to be a bit happy!
    Originally posted by mookie1995
    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
      I'm guessing that the exemption caused by the Icebreaker eliminated an exhibition game. After seeing the results of the Huskies and the ratdogs, I have to be a bit happy!
      Nah... a good butt whoopin' by the Canadiens woulda been good for 'em.
      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
        Nah... a good butt whoopin' by the Canadiens woulda been good for 'em.
        i know it but with Mich State , NoDak most likely, home with Denver then at UNH as the first four games we may get a few of those early learning lessons anyway

Comment

Most likely BC had no exhibition because they had no ice.

Comment

on EagleAction, Cam Atkinson not only made the Columbus roster but is on the first line...........a bit surprised he made roster so fast and he's first line to boot, good for Cam.............also put me down as against HE expansion as i guess its official and it's ND to HE and they got their own TV deal too?? . call me old fashioned but i'd much rather have an extra game with BU, UNH and Maine than 2 with ND, one of which i wont get to see in person if i want. yeah, i know we get more OOC games too but still......

Comment

our first game is tomorrow and no one wants to even discuss it or the team and it's chances, just Notre Dame.............given it's a huge story but the season starts tomorrow. Did Jerry decide on the goalie for tomorrow or will Milner get one game and Billet the other in the Ice Breaker? and wither Barrone?? with Venti, we are carrying 4 goalies............

Comment

Gotta believe Milner will be in net. On D, Begert a healthy scratch is my expectation. Early in the season, I'd like to see Dumoulin/Cross/Wey all on separate d pairings as an anchor.

Up front:

Almeida
                Mullane
                Hayes
                Gaudreau
                Kreider
                Whitney
                Carey
                Brown
                Arnold
                Atkinson
                Straight
                Linell

That would be my guess.

Comment

Hopefully Jerry employed the buddy system on the trip to ND, otherwise Gaudreau might have gotten lost in the airport.

In all seriousness though, good luck to the Eagles this weekend. Do Hockey East proud.
                  2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                  2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    Gotta believe Milner will be in net. On D, Begert a healthy scratch is my expectation. Early in the season, I'd like to see Dumoulin/Cross/Wey all on separate d pairings as an anchor.

Up front:

Almeida
                    Mullane
                    Hayes
                    Gaudreau
                    Kreider
                    Whitney
                    Carey
                    Brown
                    Arnold
                    Atkinson
                    Straight
                    Linell

That would be my guess.
                    makes sense to have the three top D men seperate to me, at least to start....... i think it will be interesting to see who Jerry ends up putting with Kreider........

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                    Hopefully Jerry employed the buddy system on the trip to ND, otherwise Gaudreau might have gotten lost in the airport.

In all seriousness though, good luck to the Eagles this weekend. Do Hockey East proud.
                    we'll do our best, see you in a few weeks

Comment

How is Michigan State suppose to be this year? For that matter, how about North Dakota and Air Force?

Comment

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
                        How is Michigan State suppose to be this year? For that matter, how about North Dakota and Air Force?
                        we already know about North Dakota, they're always good.....Mich state is picked 6th-8th in the CCHA . They won they exhibition game 6-1 http://www.msuspartans.com/sports/m-...092811aac.html

Comment

I can't wait to see you guys play in the championship game, hopefully against us. I'm picking you guys to win it. Our defense and goaltending should be ok, but I worry about our goal production.
                          "My greatest achievement."
                          Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                            our first game is tomorrow and no one wants to even discuss it or the team and it's chances, just Notre Dame.............given it's a huge story but the season starts tomorrow. Did Jerry decide on the goalie for tomorrow or will Milner get one game and Billet the other in the Ice Breaker? and wither Barrone?? with Venti, we are carrying 4 goalies............
                            I have to assume Milner gets tomorrow night. Weird start time but have it set on my DVR and will catch up once I get back from work.

It'll be nice to move beyond the idea of that thrashing in St. Louis.

Comment

Not that weird when you consider it's the first of two games. Where is everybody??? We need some type of insider (no, not you hokydad) who can tell us possible line combos/who's looked good in practice/what the coaches have been saying.

Comment

Working...
                              X