X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2011-2012 season thread

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    All week INCH was advertising that their recruiting rankings would be out this week..up until today. No more advertisement and no recruiting rankings to be found.
    Who cares? INCH are just fan boys who started a website. They don't know anymore than you or I do about the game of hockey. Their rankings, much like USCHO's are garbage. Mostly stat driven, no real inside knowledge. I think Adam Wodon over at CHN is about as knowledgeable of the game as anyone who writes on college hockey on a national stage.

If Johnny Gaudreau isn't ranked as one of the top 5 recruits nationally by any publication, they are just disgraceful. Watched the kid last weekend on FCS-C. Wow!

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
      INCH tends to work on their own pace.
      Inch by inch, if you will
      “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
      Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
      Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
      National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

• Except wodon is a Cornell fanboy so you can only trust what he says to the extent it doesn't impact them.

Case in point, a few years back he tried to say that riley nash was a freshman all American because he had a few more assists than kids like mark olver who had a lot more goals...12-20-32 compared to 21-17-38 All the while he completely omitted Joe whitney from that same list despite his 40 assists and 51 points

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
        Who cares? INCH are just fan boys who started a website. They don't know anymore than you or I do about the game of hockey. Their rankings, much like USCHO's are garbage. Mostly stat driven, no real inside knowledge. I think Adam Wodon over at CHN is about as knowledgeable of the game as anyone who writes on college hockey on a national stage.

If Johnny Gaudreau isn't ranked as one of the top 5 recruits nationally by any publication, they are just disgraceful. Watched the kid last weekend on FCS-C. Wow!
        “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
        Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
        Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
        National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
          Except wodon is a Cornell fanboy so you can only trust what he says to the extent it doesn't impact them.

Case in point, a few years back he tried to say that riley nash was a freshman all American because he had a few more assists than kids like mark olver who had a lot more goals...12-20-32 compared to 21-17-38 All the while he completely omitted Joe whitney from that same list despite his 40 assists and 51 points
          Maybe so. Can't argue as I don't remember that, but I'll take your word for it. Overall, he's pretty decent. I also think HE fans are lucky to have Hendrickson and Connolly over Paula Weston and some of the other conference writers. I know BC fans might think DH is a BU fan boy, but he's pretty objective and they're both better than PCW.

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
            Who cares? INCH are just fan boys who started a website. They don't know anymore than you or I do about the game of hockey. Their rankings, much like USCHO's are garbage. Mostly stat driven, no real inside knowledge.

Settle down now. They do in fact know more about incoming recruits than I do--that's what I was referring to. I just enjoyed the fact they did recruiting rankings. You can then compare to what you thought you know of incoming players and then see if their rankings prove to be right.

Comment

FWIW, I like the look of your new jerseys.

Comment

Have to face and overcome adversity all season, so we'll see how they bounce back.

Thought Milner was average and should've saved the short side shot in the second period. I'd like to see Billett get a game soon.

Also thought DU did a nice job getting their 1st line out there whenever BC put their 4th on the ice. That 1st line for Denver over powered BC's 4th line when they were able to get out there with them. That's a real good line.

Kreider needs to stop trying to be the mayor out there and play hockey. He's constantly talking to the refs, apologizing to the other team in between periods and too concerned about things other than putting the puck in the net. He does look much stronger out there, but the buddy buddy act with everyone is annoying.

Kevin Hayes continues to struggle. He scored a nice wrist shot, but that was after failing the little dipsy doo move in front of the net during an odd man rush (for the second time in consecutive shifts). He is certainly not the impact player I thought he would be, at least not yet. Although at least he made his presence felt tonight, unlike last week's no show.

Overall, great game. Chances on both sides, good pace and great crowd. Still a good sign that they are competing with the best teams in the country this early.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
                  Kevin Hayes continues to struggle. He scored a nice wrist shot, but that was after failing the little dipsy doo move in front of the net during an odd man rush (for the second time in consecutive shifts). He is certainly not the impact player I thought he would be, at least not yet. Although at least he made his presence felt tonight, unlike last week's no show.
                  100% agreed. 1G, 1A tonight. And I still thought he had a rough game. He's going to be a 4 year guy - his game needs a lot of work and he needs to get stronger and use the size like Jimmy did and Kreider does.
                  Originally posted by reBlur
                  the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post

Overall, great game. Chances on both sides, good pace and great crowd. Still a good sign that they are competing with the best teams in the country this early.
                    Yeah, Kevin Hayes is a disappointment. Surprised he's on the first line but I guess when you lose Jimmy Hayes and Cam Atkinson, this happens.
                    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                      FWIW, I like the look of your new jerseys.
                      Overall, I kind of like them too. A clean, crisp, modern look. They don't seem to have that squiggly armband that we saw in the original picture.

Just 2 cons: The names on the back are too small. Also, the 4 stars for the 4 national titles is arrogant or just plain funny depending on how you look at it. It won't happen, but it would be hilarious if BU put 5 stars on the back of their jerseys when they play BC.

Comment

Breaking news: BC's puck carrier on our final breakaway finally shot the puck at 10:08am this morning.
                        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                          Overall, I kind of like them too. A clean, crisp, modern look. They don't seem to have that squiggly armband that we saw in the original picture.
                          1. The squigglies are there. You can only see them up close. They're in a smaller window than the replica jerseys and the numbers are in that sleeve pocket so it's tough to see.

2. The whites are already turning pink from the maroon parts of the jersey (and probably some equipment as well) bleeding onto the white areas. 2 games in the whites and they are already a problem. At least they lasted 1 more game than our football jerseys from last season before Gene sent them back to UA!
                          Originally posted by reBlur
                          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                            1. The squigglies are there. You can only see them up close. They're in a smaller window than the replica jerseys and the numbers are in that sleeve pocket so it's tough to see.

2. The whites are already turning pink from the maroon parts of the jersey (and probably some equipment as well) bleeding onto the white areas. 2 games in the whites and they are already a problem. At least they lasted 1 more game than our football jerseys from last season before Gene sent them back to UA!
                            So, is UA the new provider due to the ACC relationship? I had read on another board, right after the debut of those creepy Maryland football jerseys, that UA's owner/CEO/whatever is a Maryland grad and was trying to compete with Phil Knight and his crazy Oregon football uniforms.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                              So, is UA the new provider due to the ACC relationship? I had read on another board, right after the debut of those creepy Maryland football jerseys, that UA's owner/CEO/whatever is a Maryland grad and was trying to compete with Phil Knight and his crazy Oregon football uniforms.
                              The contracts are school by school. We were reebok and changed to UA early 2010, I think there are only a couple of D1 programs still using reebok

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                                The contracts are school by school.
                                And even then, sport by sport...at least at North Dakota. Our football and basketball teams wear Nike, while the Men's Hockey Team wears Reebok, and the Women's team wears Gemini.
                                North Dakota
                                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X