X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2011-2012 season thread

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
    I saw the quote from the BU coach. He's clearly trying to make up for the pointless show of disrespect from Friday night.
    i only listened to the game, but the BU announcers had a fit that York sent his top PP out at the end of the game. not sure what Parker is referring to. and even if York did play the fourth line more often than not in the third period, it was probably to protect his star players since angry jack sent out the goon squad again because they were losing.

totally classless - before, during and after the games. i'm embarrassed for him.

look at the difference between how the losing teams behaved in the third period on friday and saturday. BC plays hard to the final buzzer making it a close game and forcing bu to go for the empty net. saturday, BU devolves into a street fight and spends the whole period in the box because of punching, cross checking and elbowing calls. pathetic. a direct reflection of the respective coaches.
    “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
    Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
    Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
    National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

It is pretty pathetic the difference between how BC plays when they're losing big vs BU, which has never been more evident than how things played out this weekend. BU fans will laugh it off, look the other way or be in complete denial, but the bottom line is that their coach allows it to happen (more like promotes it) and that my friends is why York has 1000 times the respect that Parker has or ever will have.

Comment

Someone over on EA mentioned that Hayes is playing hurt, anyone know the scoop? Am also wondering what the status is on Wey? While we got by without him, we were like 5-1 before the injury and 6-4 after, so there's no doubt that he has been missed. It will likely take a few more games to make a decision, but gotta think that Billett is the main guy from here on out. No disrespect to Milner, but wasn't he a last second recruit brought in in case Muse's hip wasn't ok? Those typically aren't the type of goalies you win championships with, whereas Billett had been a top goalie recruit and on their radar screen for a long time. Again, nothing against Milner, but he is what he is, an average to good D-1 Goalie.

Comment

Hope to see Billett in net at home on Tuesday. I think he's earned the spot for the next two games.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamBC View Post
            Hope to see Billett in net at home on Tuesday. I think he's earned the spot for the next two games.
            Jerry said that they will play the hottest goalie and there's no question who that is. Read Wey will be back for GLI

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
              It is pretty pathetic the difference between how BC plays when they're losing big vs BU, which has never been more evident than how things played out this weekend. BU fans will laugh it off, look the other way or be in complete denial, but the bottom line is that their coach allows it to happen (more like promotes it) and that my friends is why York has 1000 times the respect that Parker has or ever will have.
              When they are losing big, BU has gotten overly physical and BC takes dives. Don't think either is anything to be proud of.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                Jerry said that they will play the hottest goalie and there's no question who that is.

BC may have found their goalie. If Milner doesn't know who Wally Pipp is, he might need some filling in.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
                  BC may have found their goalie. If Milner doesn't know who Wally Pipp is, he might need some filling in.
                  dont hex him. it will play out on its own

lucky to have depth

If BC had scored 6 the night before, they would have won as well. Goalies dont score...

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
                    i'm certainly now wishing bad luck on any kid (even if he is an igle), but you shouldn't assume a goalie comes in and plays great his first two games and doesn't have a stinker hiding in his back pocket to pull out next game... or the game after.

it's a long season, let it play out.

-and i'm always in favor of a rotation or partnership in goal. you never know when someone might go down and it's good to have both kids sharp. also it never hurts to have someone pushing you to play your best at all times.
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
                      When they are losing big, BU has gotten overly physical and BC takes dives. Don't think either is anything to be proud of.
                      the only ones who thinks bc dives are your angry drunk coach and the incessant hockey illiterates that rah rah whatever he does. have a nice day.
                      “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                      Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                      Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                      National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                        the only ones who thinks bc dives are your angry drunk coach and the incessant hockey illiterates that rah rah whatever he does. have a nice day.
                        The video replay thinks it too!

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                          dont hex him. it will play out on its own

lucky to have depth

If BC had scored 6 the night before, they would have won as well. Goalies dont score...
                          Why would the BU fan be doing anything BUT trying to hex BC's goalie?

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                          -Blackadder
                          "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                          -Casablanca
                          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by collegefan06 View Post
                            When BC was taking it to BU these last few years we accepted the better product on the ice. After 5-0 and 5-3 all I hear are excuses and griping.
                            So you think BU puts a better product on the ice this year?
                            Originally posted by reBlur
                            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Nice job by BC to respond to a strange Friday night at Conte. They seemed a lot more physical right from the get-go. When Shea hammered some BU puke into the glass 40 seconds into the game I knew they were going to be fine.

I was somewhat relieved to see they even gave Cross and Dumoulin a breather by putting Dyroff in the game on D at least twice in the first 2 periods.

These two teams may meet again as it looks like Hockey East is BC, BU and Merrimack (although it appears their arthritis is flaring up now at their old age and is causing them problems).

Big trap game coming up vs. PC. The great news is that PC is coming off a terrific high of sweeping the old farts from Merrimack. That will minimize the effect of BC having just played 2 heated games with rival BU.
                              Originally posted by reBlur
                              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Too much lasagna for fat boy Billet? hahaha Fire up the skillet, here comes big ole Billet

Is it any wonder he can stop the puck with that jelly belly ?
                                sure why not

Comment

Working...
                                X