X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2011-2012 season thread

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
    1. The squigglies are there. You can only see them up close. They're in a smaller window than the replica jerseys and the numbers are in that sleeve pocket so it's tough to see.

2. The whites are already turning pink from the maroon parts of the jersey (and probably some equipment as well) bleeding onto the white areas. 2 games in the whites and they are already a problem. At least they lasted 1 more game than our football jerseys from last season before Gene sent them back to UA!
    I think it is from the pants (and it happened at UND in latter half of game too). If you look at Venti & Milner's gloves (didn't pay attention to the other one) they both have pink on their glove where it rests against their pants in their normal stance when puck is elsewhere.

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
    HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
    HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
      Breaking news: BC's puck carrier on our final breakaway finally shot the puck at 10:08am this morning.
      lol,i think i said "shoot the ******* puck" about 1000 times................we are going to have a lot of fun watching Gaudreau.................and i HATE that uniform. not only are the numbers and names too small but what about "BOSTON COLLEGE" on the front? way too small and it's placed up under their chins and the jerseys are about 4 sizes too small on each player. seriously, who designed them and thought they looked good, a 12 yr old? just my 2 cents
      Last edited by sterlippo1; 10-15-2011, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
        the jerseys are about 4 sizes too small on each player.
        They are designed to be like this. The hockey jersey has evolved with the advent of the Swift (Nike) and Edge (Reebok) jerseys. New, lighter materials, less fabric, tighter and more form fitting.
        Originally posted by reBlur
        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
          Yeah, Kevin Hayes is a disappointment. Surprised he's on the first line but I guess when you lose Jimmy Hayes and Cam Atkinson, this happens.
          I think it's too early to call him a disappointment, especially when he factored in both goals last night. What I'd like to see is him on a line with Kreider. That's when Kevin looked the best last year.

re: Uniforms

Didn't notice any pink, but hopefully York speaks his mind if he doesn't like them. Also, I don't think putting four stars on the back is arrogant at all. It is what it is. Most people probably have no idea what they're for anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
            They are designed to be like this. The hockey jersey has evolved with the advent of the Swift (Nike) and Edge (Reebok) jerseys. New, lighter materials, less fabric, tighter and more form fitting.
            i know that and get it and if that's the way the jersey has evolved , fine, i'm on board but everything on it is horrible except for the 4 stars.............great, great job by the students last night, i just wish they would lose the sucks chants...........Kreider i thought looked great but he's one of those athletes where it looks like he's not giving 100% because it's so effortless for him......
            Last edited by sterlippo1; 10-15-2011, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
              Also, the 4 stars for the 4 national titles is arrogant or just plain funny depending on how you look at it. It won't happen, but it would be hilarious if BU put 5 stars on the back of their jerseys when they play BC.
              i dont think you would feel it was arrogant if BU did that before BC did it and honestly, i wouldn't think it was arrogant at all even if BU did it first. It's part of the history of your program,and i think it's pretty cool actually

Comment

Will tonight's game have internet coverage?

Women's team is currently taking care of business at home vs. UNH 2-0 btw.
                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                  Will tonight's game have internet coverage?

Women's team is currently taking care of business at home vs. UNH 2-0 btw.
                  good..........my niece a UNH student did not do her job and get my tickets so i am just going to pony up the $8 or what ever it is to pay on the UNH web site.........not sure about any other feeds

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                    good..........my niece a UNH student did not do her job and get my tickets so i am just going to pony up the $8 or what ever it is to pay on the UNH web site.........not sure about any other feeds
                    Blech... it's $10 to watch online. That's outrageous.

And the women's team wrecked UNH 5-0. Nice.
                    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Gaudreau is now 1 point behind Cody

Fair trade

Comment

Would you mind possibly steering KJ Tiefenwerth to NU as part of that "swap'?

Comment

best thing out of that game was the performance of Milner.........UNH did manage 40 shots including 20 in the second period. all in all, i'm very satisfied with the 3-1 start. lots to work on but a lot of talent to do that work. I'm really feeling positive about this team

Comment

BC is looking good so far...'They Are Who We Thought They'd Be.'...but two early-season HE surprises: UP--->Providence; DOWN--->UNH. What's going on with these two?
                            Chris V
                            Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
                              BC is looking good so far...'They Are Who We Thought They'd Be.'...but two early-season HE surprises: UP--->Providence; DOWN--->UNH. What's going on with these two?
                              for sure, is this finally UNH's down year? there are good recruits on the way but you have to feel Umile will right the ship and Providence? who isn't happy for them with their start?

Comment

All told I can't complain about BC's weekend. Losing essentially a 1 goal game to Denver is nothing to be ashamed about. I was very impressed with Denver's positioning and team defense. They are obviously well coached. And Zucker was dynamite. Very encouraging to see BC bounce back the very next night by going to the Whitt and dropping a five spot. 3-1 against the schedule they've played so far? I'll gladly take it.
                                The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                                BC - 12
                                BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X