Niagra at Michigan, 10/4- got hours to debate this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Niagra at Michigan, 10/4- got hours to debate this

Michigan opens the regular season to night by hosting Niagra, a team that has given the Wolverenes fits over the years.

Not sure what to expect from the Maize and Blue tonight, since we lost on Saturday to a team that we should bet, and last night played better to win against the U18 from across town.

I have yet to see them this year, so. But I do know John Merrill will NOT be on the ice for about another month. And that this is our 3rd game in 4 nights at Yost.

Face off is 7:35, so we have all day to talk about the game...

Re: Niagra at Michigan, 10/4- got hours to debate this

hope Zach Hyman plays- interested to see if the hype is real.

Comment

Zach Hyman played a better game on Monday than on Saturday. Once this team gets more gametime with each other I think we will see Zach make some big plays.

Comment

Michigan had better come prepared as Niagara(the correct spelling) looks to be a very decent team this year.While it will be hard to judge how well the youth will play it does appear that the Purple Eagles have a lot of team speed and depth. Defensively where they had problems the past few years maintaining leads they should be very solid. I know it was only an exhibition but Niagara outshot Queens 62-10. This is the same Queens team that beat Ontario IT easily. Michigan fans while knowing that they should have been able to beat Ontario IT should see some warning in those results.

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
          Michigan had better come prepared as Niagara(the correct spelling) looks to be a very decent team this year.While it will be hard to judge how well the youth will play it does appear that the Purple Eagles have a lot of team speed and depth. Defensively where they had problems the past few years maintaining leads they should be very solid. I know it was only an exhibition but Niagara outshot Queens 62-10. This is the same Queens team that beat Ontario IT easily. Michigan fans while knowing that they should have been able to beat Ontario IT should see some warning in those results.
          Blah, blah blah. 5-0 and it could have been twice that. Niagara had about five to six good chances that Hunwick stoned them on. Otherwise, I have seen better efforts from said Canadian Universities. They got hammered tonight in all facets. So much for reading too much into exhibition games.

Comment

Wow what a game!
            I had the pleasure of taking it in tonight.
            Hunwick was unreal!!
            Lindsay Sparks on fire! 3 goals and an apple.

And Zach Hyman incredible. The kid works hard both ends of the ice. He is a real playmaker. He had 2 apples but the big news is how he sets up plays. No wonder Sparks is sparking. Hyman set up Brown too. Real impressed. In fact that line is awesome. Sparks, Hyman, Brown.

I also like the way the freshmen are contributing. Lynch scored Shorthanded.
            Diguiseppe had one called back.

Chaisson was rock solid on D

This class is for real.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Robin View Post
              Lynch scored Shorthanded.
              That was Travis Lynch. Since he and Kevin were born about 2 months apart I'm going to assume they are not brothers. And that was the weakest goal of the night btw.
              No man is entitled to the benefits of freedom if he is not vigilant in its preservation. - Douglas MacArthur

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Wol4ine View Post
                That was Travis Lynch. Since he and Kevin were born about 2 months apart I'm going to assume they are not brothers. And that was the weakest goal of the night btw.
                That one happened so fast, all I can think is that the goalie flinched up to take his stick off the ice. Since we've had one of those to win an NC, I'll take then all day long.

Sparks has really picked up his game- his goals were really great.

and I'm really happy to see Brown put one in for the first game. get him on a roll.

I didn't think NiagAra played that badly. They were ok.... But the pressure UM was able to put on them was something at times.

Comment

What were the D pairings?

Comment

That game was fun. Nice to see Sparks get the hat trick. (Where were the hats?)

Some of the freshman are already starting to look good. Nice to see Janicyk get some time in goal and preserve the shut-out.

Although it's only 1 game against an opponent from a "weaker" conference, I'm feeling better about this team. I was dissapointed after Saturday and worried a "down the tubes" thread would make an appearance. As for the earlier comment on UOIT common opponents, I'm gonna say their goalie we faced had a great game Saturday. When I saw BGSU put up 7 on UOIT I was shocked until I saw in the boxscore that they faced a different goalie.
                    Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                    7 B1G
                    7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                    6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                    5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                    5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                    2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                    2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by montreal View Post
                      What were the D pairings?
                      Bennett & Pateryn started. The other pairs were Moffie & Chiasson and Clare & Serville.

Also, here's a good link to see the line charts for each game--
                      http://www.collegehockeystats.net/1112/schedules/micm

"The game of hockey, though much in vogue on the ice in New England and other parts of the United States, is not much known here."

--The Montreal Gazette, March 4, 1875.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                        That one happened so fast, all I can think is that the goalie flinched up to take his stick off the ice. Since we've had one of those to win an NC, I'll take then all day long.
                        There was a defensive deflection.

Comment

Working...
                        X