Frozen Fenway II sold out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frozen Fenway II sold out?

I was just over on the Hockey East website to see how ticket sales were doing for Frozen Fenway II, and it says that there are currently no seats available. Does anyone know if it is actually sold out? Just curious.

Re: Frozen Fenway II sold out?

A telephone call to the Fenway Park Box Office confirms that the event is indeed sold out. I thought that attendance would be good, but I didn't really think that it would completely sell out. Good for Hockey East!

Comment

Originally posted by maineiac View Post
      I was just over on the Hockey East website to see how ticket sales were doing for Frozen Fenway II, and it says that there are currently no seats available. Does anyone know if it is actually sold out? Just curious.
      This is one of these situations where the AceTickets and TicketMaster folks will take a beating! Willing to bet they gobbled up several thousand of these. Tickets are for sale on EBay at premium prices! This is how the sox are able to say they sell out every game as well when the TV says otherwise.

Went to Frozen Fenway for BU-BC and while it was a great event is was freezing cold. Despite being a Maine fan decided to wait and see what the weather was like this time around. Believe me tickets will be available day of or through the USCHO boards. Hell they don't even sell the Garden out for the Hockey East Tournament any more and you are telling me that they sold 30,000 seats? Sorry just don't buy it. If I end up watching it at home I can live with that!

Comment

A week ago there was an article where Bertagna said they had already sold 34k seats so I'm not surprised to see that they've moved the rest, the attendance for BU-BC was listed at 38,472.
        "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
        Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
        NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
        EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
        AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
        1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

I didn't think it would sellout, but I'm not all that surprised given the four schools involved. Once it's over, you'll never want to go to another one

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            I didn't think it would sellout, but I'm not all that surprised given the four schools involved. Once it's over, you'll never want to go to another one
            agree

Comment

I have never wanted to go to any outdoor game.

Sean
              Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
              Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
              BU Hockey highlights and extras
              NCAA Hockey Financials
              Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
              I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

I'm willing to bet more will be released at some point.
                UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

I'll be there but in a suite which will make it hard to see from so far away, but warm, fed and well lubricated. But I'm kind of in shock that it sold so well. I really have no interest in being so far from the ice and outside in the winter standing/sitting still for so long, I'm going because I got the tix gratis and I guess I want to say I was there. Now if there was snow and we could make a sledcross track and do some racing around Fenway on my new sled during intermissions now that would be sweet.....

Comment

Originally posted by snwbrdr View Post
                    I'll be there but in a suite which will make it hard to see from so far away, but warm, fed and well lubricated. But I'm kind of in shock that it sold so well. I really have no interest in being so far from the ice and outside in the winter standing/sitting still for so long, I'm going because I got the tix gratis and I guess I want to say I was there. Now if there was snow and we could make a sledcross track and do some racing around Fenway on my new sled during intermissions now that would be sweet.....
                    While my view at the BU-BC game was utterly horrific, when the game started and there was a light snowfall, the scene was awesome. Go see it once, then hope you never have to see it at Fenway again, because the sightlines are ridiculously bad for just about everyone.

Not to sidetrack this thread, but seeing as this sold out a second time, you can bet they're going to do this again. What about holding a game at BC's Alumni Stadium? In terms of sightlines, they'd be miles better than Fenway, as all of the seats are fairly condensed into a small space, and all point at the field so there aren't any that are 500 feet away. Additionally, the bottom rows don't fully come down field level, and go up at a much higher pitch, so only the first couple of rows would really be bad. A BU-BC game there held while school is in session to maximize student attendance, could be a better outdoor game experience.
                    time to write new history

Comment

Hmm good for HE if it is true. Part of it might be that each school had to commit to a certain number of tickets not available to the general public. If that is the case we might see a few tickets from UVM and UMASS go back up for sale.

Also worth noting on stub hub and ace ticket the most I am seeing for a seat is around $170-$180. The BU vs BC game last time had seats selling on the site for what like $500? Maybe as we get closer to the event we will see prices hit those levels.

Comment

Originally posted by CHFAN222 View Post
                        Also worth noting on stub hub and ace ticket the most I am seeing for a seat is around $170-$180. The BU vs BC game last time had seats selling on the site for what like $500? Maybe as we get closer to the event we will see prices hit those levels.
                        $500? Don't remember seeing that. That sounds more like Winter Classic ticket prices for Bruins-Phlyers.
                        Originally posted by reBlur
                        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by snwbrdr View Post
                          I'll be there but in a suite which will make it hard to see from so far away, but warm, fed and well lubricated.
                          Taking Tom Brady's advice?

Comment

Well, at least two games will be won at fenway in 2012

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
                              Hell they don't even sell the Garden out for the Hockey East Tournament any more and you are telling me that they sold 30,000 seats? Sorry just don't buy it.
                              This has a much bigger novelty factor to it.

Once it's over, you'll never want to go to another one
                              This will be my second Frozen Fenway.
                              "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
                              Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
                              NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
                              EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
                              AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
                              1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Working...
                              X