Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sacred Heart vs. Minnesota. October 7-8, 2011.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
    It surprises me that Minnesota has never played Vermont.
    That surprised me too. There can't be many programs left that we haven't played.

Comment

Re: Sacred Heart vs. Minnesota. October 7-8, 2011.

Yikes, the Sacred Heart home attendance last season was under 6,000 for 15 games. The Gophs get more than that for a bad game.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
        Yikes, the Sacred Heart home attendance last season was under 6,000 for 15 games. The Gophs get more than that for a bad game.
        Minnesota High School games get better than that.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
          Minnesota High School games get better than that.
          Their average was 384! I've seen peewee games with more fans than that!

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
            Hmmm, was it not an AHA team, the Holy Cross Crusaders, that beat the Golphers in a first playoff round in Grand Forks a few years ago?
            Yes, but I don't recall Holy Cross being picked to finish 11th out of 12th in the AHA that year. The Gophers on the other hand are picked to finish somewhere in the middle of the much stronger WCHA. But if you want to compare this year's Sacred Heart squad to that Holy Cross NCAA team that pulled the big upset over the Gophers, I'd like to hear the rationale.
            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
              Their average was 384! I've seen peewee games with more fans than that!
              Last I checked (a couple years ago) AIC's reported attendance was around 200. That's reported attendance. My high school had close to a 500 graduating class.

It's amazing to me that these programs exist, with that kind of attendance.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                Yes, but I don't recall Holy Cross being picked to finish 11th out of 12th in the AHA that year. The Gophers on the other hand are picked to finish somewhere in the middle of the much stronger WCHA. But if you want to compare this year's Sacred Heart squad to that Holy Cross NCAA team that pulled the big upset over the Gophers, I'd like to hear the rationale.
                Well,it's the first game of the season for both teams,so in that regard,both are relatively unknown quantities. Secondly, I was one of the few who was convinced the Gopher football team would handle NMSU & NDSU with relative ease because,well,we're bigger and faster and more athletic and we're in the BIG TEN. Lately,my confidence in "sure thing" and "Gophers" used in the same sentence has taken a serious hit.

Comment

If they don't it will be very embarrassing:

http://www.sacredheartpioneers.com/s...201109205o114a
                  More or less embarrassing than having UAA end their season on home ice?

Guentzel will never let this team lose to the sisters of the poor.
                  "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                  Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                  The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                  Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by mahogma View Post
                    Well, it's the first game of the season for both teams, so in that regard, both are relatively unknown quantities.
                    The first game of the season usually gives the underdog the best chance to pull an upset. I'm hoping the Gophers' first year players were able to get rid of all the jitters during their exhibition against UBC. I was there and I thought they acquitted themselves very well. I look for them to come out aggressively and take charge right away.

Secondly, I was one of the few who was convinced the Gopher football team would handle NMSU & NDSU with relative ease because,well,we're bigger and faster and more athletic and we're in the BIG TEN.
                    You should know better! When it comes to Gopher football, NOTHING surprises me anymore

Lately, my confidence in "sure thing" and "Gophers" used in the same sentence has taken a serious hit.
                    I think we can all relate to that, but I seriously look forward to this team surprising on the upside. I do expect they'll still have trouble scoring goals at times, but defensively they'll be much better which should give them a good chance to win games against teams they're not supposed to beat (North Dakota, Denver, CC and Notre Dame, to name four).
                    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Best part about this series? Gopher fans proclaiming they are back after sweeping
                      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                        Best part about this series? Gopher fans proclaiming they are back after sweeping
                        Pffft. We don't need to wait for that - we're back after winning an exhibition against UBC!

Comment

I think we can all relate to that, but I seriously look forward to this team surprising on the upside. I do expect they'll still have trouble scoring goals at times, but defensively they'll be much better which should give them a good chance to win games against teams they're not supposed to beat (North Dakota, Denver, CC and Notre Dame, to name four).
                          Last year the problem wasn't as much with the ability to beat the top -rated teams as it was with consistency and laying down against teams we had little business losing to.

I'm with you. I think they will bounce back this year as they have better leadership behind the bench and on the ice

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                            2011-2012 Gophers

Comment

If Minnesota wants to get back into the NCAA's this year this series is a must sweep. If they don't sweep they will have dug a hole to start the season that may take the entire rest of the year to fill back up.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Yeah non-conference games are huge when it comes to PWR at the end of the year, they need to come out hard and get the sweep.

Comment

Working...
                                X